Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Empty Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:31 pm

Figured I might as well try out this new RP request idea. What I'm going to do is post the plot I'd like to take my character on and then ya'all come in and tell me if any of your characters seem like a good fit, either helping, or creating obstacles, etc.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Tumblr_m7jitr4SVw1qim2ju
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas - My longtime goal for miss six year old is that she's sort of a muggle/witch hybrid. She has magic but she cannot harness/control it of her own accord. Her family has no idea and thinks she's just a muggle, but she accidentally apparates everywhere. Right now, she's just busy having fun, but as she gets older she's going to realize she has magic. Most of her plotting would be better done in Future Threads.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Giphy
Casey Lou Weasley - Casey is thirteen and angry. What I'd really like for her is to find a side kick that sort of unwillingly runs along with her as she causes trouble. She feels really separate from the rest of her family and is causing problems because of it. She picks fights with people who hate the Potters/Weasleys/muggleborns, and is always angry. She's also going to venture into the forest soon and find something there she was never supposed to see...

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Tumblr_m7gviy1rgt1qim2ju
Henri Finch - Remember her? She's currently acting like a sweetie pie, and there's a reason no one has heard anything from her. I'd love to get her a group of friends to really prove that she has changed from bad to good.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Giphy
Fiona Grimm - Her plotline is the most interesting for me. Her dad is actually not her father, but a vampire who is grooming her to be his heiress. Right now, Orpheus (daddy) wants to get some positive vampire influences in Finn's life - and positive means they positively believe that vampires are the supreme race and should overthrow humans. I've been tinkering with this subplot that Finn's going to fall in love with this non-vampire delivery boy and her father is going to try to kill him, but I'd really like to have that plotline with a player. Doesn't HAVE to be a delivery boy, but I may try to work that in.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Tumblr_m3nsuayLIA1qj3iago1_500
Ducky Baker - He's also very compelling for me. One of the most popular kids at school, Ducky is a disgrace at home. His mother and siblings openly resent him, he lives in squalor, and everyone on his dad's side are criminals. At school, he's charming, hilarious, and he'll stick up for everyone. I'd love for someone to work their way into his life so he can reveal the shithole he comes from.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Tumblr_m9wh478UAp1r5gpyso2_500_large
Lily Luna Potter - She's retaking her seventh year after dropping out, almost over-dosing, selling herself, and then nearly dying. Few people know she's a werewolf and she plans on keeping it that way. She's staying with Stewart Harding, but she's starting to get more and more letters from her cousin Roxanne Weasley, who is sort of the devil in disguise. The party life is tempting her away, she's thinking of running away again, and she's not sure she'll ever come back this time. Her brothers are practically dead to her.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Tumblr_m8mbjk7Tpd1rw9lc6o1_500
Dom Weasley - She's a sub at Hogwarts, but the one time she ever really had to sub they just played games all night. She too escaped Roxanne Weasley's influence, and is trying to reglue all of the Potter-Weasleys back together. She really doesn't know what she's doing with her life, so she just wants to party as long as she can.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Tumblr_m3gg3b2HDr1qfqzs8o1_500
Claire Bishop - She's really missing New York. Elsie is distant, Fred has been MIA, and Robin and Avery seem happy together. With the Ministry gone, she feels like she can slink away. Her original task was to come to the UK, infiltrate the Ministry, and gather secrets, but it seems like all of the secrets have been aired out. And now that work is gone, she's about to go crazy.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Tumblr_m525s5YQ0F1rxrw82o1_500_zps1afdec91
Elsie Norton - Elsie feels bad for being so distant with her best friend, but for the past few months, she has been building a store of secrets for herself. She's been sleeping with high-ranking pureblooded men, especially Death Eaters, to get their secrets to later destroy them. She doesn't realize that the American Death Eaters have a bounty on her head, and she's considering joining the UK Death Eaters, just to really ensure she's doing a thorough job.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Tumblr_inline_n6m5vsL5nt1sfftt5
Kipling Parsons - Kip wants to be Minister one day. That's the goal. He has the brains, he has the talent, and he has the know-how. He has four amazingly talented friends that are like family to him, and has just discovered that he has a half sister named Jack. I also had this sublpot idea for him where a war breaks out between magical America and Russia, and a U.N. type military is formed to try to stop the war, when America declares war on that force as well. I was going to have Kip and his best friend Yuri join the skirmish.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Tumblr_inline_ml7gu6GIyG1qz4rgp
Teddy Lupin - Teddy is heart broken. He hasn't heard from Lily, and James and Albus have basically cut him out. He works as a counselor but his passion is gone for the work. In all regards, he's ready to quit. I'd love for someone to come into his life that is a real project, someone he has to fix and help.

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Aff6c900f2a6dbcd35dd15c46a2044ed
Gabby Short - Gabby is having a laugh, as always. He's technically still married to Irene Norwood, but they hate each other. He's very wealthy but refuses to do anything. He's perfect for a gold digger, for someone who likes a project, or someone who loves to have fun. He has huge issues with Death Eaters, blood supremacy, and his family.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Jack Dyllan-Morrison on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW Empty Re: Subplots Galore - JOIN NOW

Post by Peter Howard Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:34 pm

I made this finally. Sorry it took so long. Razz
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:44 am

Henri - Would she want Tris or Kit? Both are rather like little birds at this point. Not quite sure what to do with themselves, but also incredibly quiet and sweet for the most part.

Fiona - Ironically, that plot idea of yours gave me a hilarious idea for Apollo. But I don't think he's the sort you're going for, given that it sounds like you are looking for a less pureblood-influenced sort. If I'm getting that wrong, feel free to let me know. Doesn't have to be Apollo, per se, though. I've been considering dropping Tris for a while, so if you're interested in that character being someone else, I could probably see my way into making him. As much as I love Trisha, she's not got a lot to do now. I might bring her back later, but I dunno yet.

On the topic of what we put in the OOC part of the Dec/Dom thread, I sort of had this thought while reading her blurb that maybe he does become interested and says something but then takes it back if she reacts badly, claiming he had merely had a good time with her, and he goes back to being really serious. No laughing, etc. The stuff mentioned in the thread. Not sure if you would want her to actually be interested after he pulls away, but it could be a weird, "wait, maybe I said the wrong thing" dynamic on both characters' parts. I dunno. *le shrug*

If Elsie ever has reason to interact with Ben (Death Eater business or whatever the case), I have a feeling that Claire wouldn't like it. Which could be fun.
Side note: Literally just had the most laughable image of Elsie thinking she can get something out of him and Ben being like, "Piss off, woman. I've got a man waiting for me at home."
XD

My mind really wants Keiran and Kip to meet eventually. Even if I don't know exactly how yet. They've both got that ambition. Keiran wants HM and Kip, Minister as you said. I honestly don't have a good plan for it atm, but maybe at some point?

Can I just note the irony of if Teddy and Darren met? Both thinking the other is some sort of project, as you said? Just ponder that for a moment. XD That, or he can have Audriana like we thought about earlier. She's going to lose her marbles a bit and mess everything up, so that could be kind of fun.

Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 am

Henri would LOVE Tris or Kit. I'd especially love Kit because I haven't gotten to play with her.

I'd be willing to adapt for Apollo, but I really want to have a Craig Roberts delivery boy. Maybe I can make a set with delivery boy info and you can think it over. More than anything, I just want that plot. As long as the boy is human, it works, but it's better if he's poor too. I'd love to hear the Apollo idea.

Dec/Dom - MODERN ROMANCE STUFF. Yes please. Never sure about the timing. Never sure about whether or not this is friendship or more. They're both jaded about love for different reasons.

Elsie - But then she'd loooove Ben, because she really wants a gay bff.

Keiran and Kip would be smashing. Perhaps through Jack? Weren't they at poker together?

I think Teddy and Darren might drive each other nuts. XD I'd love for Teddy to fix Aud. I think he'd secretly resent that she at least has Gavin. He feels very alone.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:21 am

Maybe Nick and Lily could meet and she could corrupt him with her badness?

And I think a Nick and Jack thread would be fun. He graduated a year after she, and they're on the same quidditch team so they already know each other.

I think I'm going to make a new character (not sure on who I'm gonna flesh them out to be) so I'll have to get back to you after I make him.
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Arryn Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:37 am

Henri should have Kit, then. Tris is sort of.... I mean, I adored her from the go, but she also was hard to plot with. I wouldn't mind sorting out a bloke who works with Apollo. Was my original idea to have Apollo lose an employee and have to run errands himself. Could be better for him to hire a new one and be his typical ass self to the kid, making him go even though Apollo knows it's Finn and he could just send Christian. For some reason, I see the kid as secretly sad with his lot in life but actually quite pleasant and overly outgoing to cover it up. But if you had a different take on him, I'd still be interested!

Dec might accidentally say something in the Yule Ball thread, then. Or at least hint at it. Gah. <3 but </3

Ben could use another person in his life. Even if it's through weird means at first.

I think they were, yeah. The thing I've learned about Keiran lately is that he immediately jumps to appeasing people rather than fixing the problem, and it's what causes a lot of the tension between him and Millie. So I'm kind of trying to find some character growth for him where he realizes it's not good enough and it won't help him be happier. Not sure if Kip could help with that, but there's a thought for you.

They would! XD Aud isn't quite mental yet, but if they met and he thought she was kind of falling off the deep end, for lack of a better phrase, maybe he would take her on secretly? Like, not tell her what he was up to? I need him to fail at it until she actually causes the big problem down the road, but once she and Oliver have their big fight and whatnot, things should be rather open for her.
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:43 pm

@Nick/Lily - She's not really "bad" anymore. But I do have a baddie named Henri. She's a student, but it wouldn't be below her to lie about her age.

@Nick/Jack - That could be fun! Could you make a thread for that?

-------------------------------------

@Henri/Kit - Perfect! So they need a thread to become closer friends then. I may be able to start that.

@Finn - I'll make a polyvore set with my ideas for him. I sort of have his character in my head, but obviously input would be cool. And if you're just not feeling him, that's fine!

@Dom/Dec - <3 They're adorb.

@Ben/Elsie - If we do that, we may need to do it later, as I suddenly am waaaaay behind and Elsie has lots of sorting out to do right now.

@Kip/Keiran - I'm down. Maybe a thread after one of their poker nights where Kip invites Keiran over for a drink?

@Aud/Teddy - It might be god to begin establishing their friendship or whatevs now. That would be good, as Teddy won't just start helping right away, but gradually.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:01 pm

1. If you have time, go for it. I'm trying to wrap up some threads so that I can organize myself, too. So no worries about Elsie.

Finn - yeah, definitely let me know. Could be that we see it differently so it won't work quite right, which is also fine Smile

Keiran intended to bring Millie with him to poker nights, so it's rather unlikely that it would be alright with that. They also were going to start hosting the poker games at theirs so they could watch the twins at the same time. Which we could do a thread for, probably. But it would work better if he didn't have to stay after. Last time he went to a poker game and stayed late, Millie informed him she'd been having an affair. So he's really o.o about it. Better if they planned another time or claimed they were going out to buy Christmas stuff but actually went to a pub to drink or watch a match or whatever.

Aud would have to meet him elsewhere, then. She wouldn't go near his ward or anything if she could help it.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:51 pm

I'll work the Henri/Kit thread.

I posted the polyvore set.

Oh man, no more bros night poker nights? XD Kip could totally just have a feeling that he wants to talk to Keiran and ask him for a drink.

That's fine. What did we have already established for Teddy/Aud? Do they know each other beyond the Order?
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Mulciber Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Hah, well it's kind of still bros, since Millie will basically be playing for Keiran. She's far better, we've concluded, so he'll just have her pick what he plays. xD Basically, it'll be the same except Keiran might win more. Or, well, Millie might. lol

I don't know about Teddy and Aud. She's 26, so I dunno if they knew each other in school? Possibly? That or it's through the Order. She's been a sort of background person with them, in my head (XD) for the majority of her time there. If she knew him, it could have been because she didn't know very many people involved there.
Naomi Mulciber
Naomi Mulciber
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 292

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top