Nanowrimo Check In
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Nanowrimo Check In Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Nanowrimo Check In

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Nanowrimo Check In Empty Re: Nanowrimo Check In

Post by Keiran Hayes Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:49 pm

Plot and outline yes. No idea about what genre it really fits in. But I also have two 15-page essays due in November so this is more of a "start something" RiMo for me. But I'm more than happy to put up reminders or something. Smile
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 548

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Bishop Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:00 pm

I've finished during the actual RiMo and then during the camp a couple of times as well. During the camps I was working on scripts so that sort of doesn't count. But they always say you should throw out your first manuscript and my first RiMo was a perfect example of that lol. I'm starting my essay right now so hopefully I'll be more free to keep up as well.

Last year, I didn't finish because I was traveling around the UK a lot that month. But they had a writing group in Brighton that I'm still a part of on FB since I got to know them. Having people like that is really helpful. If the bus takes me to the right place, I might go to write-ins in my hometown this year as well. Even if you don't sit with them or chat to them, it's cool to see others doing it. In Brighton we also had this thing where if you wrote 1000 words in the write-in, you'd get a sticker. So now I have them on my computer. I'll regret it when I have to take them off later, but they're quite bizarrely encouraging. lol

They do have that graph that shows how you're doing. Even if you don't want to become "buddies" on the site you could always screenshot that. It does a great job of keeping me on track.
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Nice! I'm not sure how much I'm actually going to get done this year. I may wait for Camp since I won't be in school anymore. But I'm going to keep track of my word count anyway just to see how much I can do when everything is going crazy XD That, or I won't start until next Tuesday, which is probably the wisest choice considering my schedule and being unwell and everything.
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:29 pm

Well, I said I wasn't starting, but I ended up getting Friday and Sunday night off of work to do my essay so yesterday I did a bit of work on a project I've been planning for ages. And by "a bit," I mean I somehow threw down 9585 words over the course of the day, and I myself don't recall half of what I wrote. And thus, I must tell myself I'm not allowed to edit until December. I shall call it NaNoEdMo.

And today, I've written literally nothing. Not even on my essay. So I'm not allowed to WriMo until I do at least a couple pages of this blasted thing. Don't let me. XD
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:13 pm

Oh, you can rest assured I won't get anything else down until next week XD so I'm sure you'll catch up. I get to a point where I'm like, "If I were writing this for PA, it wouldn't matter if I got the words exactly right. I can edit later." So I stop caring about the phrasing and focus more on the content, which I can always improve upon or expand upon during editing.

I also never write it in order, besides. So what I have currently is a bunch of chapters started in Scrivener with the main points my folks need to get to, and then I can tweak or rework around those.
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top