POE, Arthur Severus
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

POE, Arthur Severus Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

POE, Arthur Severus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

POE, Arthur Severus Empty POE, Arthur Severus

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Out of Character:
Name: Arthur Severus Poe
How you found Potter's Army: RPG-D
Any other characters on Potter's Army: Not yet
Anything else: Ask if you wish to know (I am from Serbia, meaning English is not my mother tounge)

In Character
POE, Arthur Severus 18957632
Name: Arthur Severus Poe
Nicknames: Ar, Edgar, Arty (Mariana's nickname :-))
Race: Human
Year AND Age: 17, 7th year
Preferred houses: Gryffindor - Ravenclaw
Birthday: September 3
Canon or Original: Original
Play-by: Nicholas Rowe
Blood Status: Half-blood

Height: 1,86m
Hair: Straight, brown, short
Eye colour: Blue
Skin: Caucasian
Other distinguishing features: None

Personality: Poe's personaliry is pretty much the same as his parents. He is extremely calm and rational, and will never start a quarrel. He will always try to avoid it by any means possible. He will also think through every decision he makes, made or will make, except those regarding Mariana, which is defined as his weakness. He was not so ambitious as his mentor, professor Wilson, but he cares for himself as much as he does and is ready to ignore that only when he his mentor, his parents or Mariana are in question. He will also never start a fight with Potter. Also like his mentor, he likes doing as much as he can by himself. Very intelligent, he started reading and solving puzzles since he was 4 years old. He has read over a thousand books, with his favourite subjects being history and ''hard literature''. That is why he developed a love for Binns' subject and a good friendship with him. Also, he is very analiytical and can solve any problem he finds himself in.

Some of his bad traits are his coldness, emotionless, lack of sympathy and sarcasm. He is very cold and rarely shows any of his emotions, except to his mentor, his parents and Mariana. Sometimes he shows excitement when a student does his job well, but that is very rare. That was taught to him by his mentor, but Poe surpassed him in that trait. He also has a lack of sympathy towards other people and their problems, again with the exeption of his mentor, his parents and Mariana. Those two traits are the main reason Mariana did not choose him. He is also very sarcastic, this time only with the exception of his parents and Mariana, but his mentor understands that and is never angry with him. He does not degrade or fail students, but he will always prove them wrong or show them the error of their ways through sarcasm or through ironising a normal situation. To people who get on his nerves, he is even sardonic.
Skills: Great Duelist, Great at Potions, Intelligence, Rationality, Ability to control his emotions, Coldness, Logics, Knowledge
Weaknesses: Lack of practical knowledge in Herbology, His emotions, Lack of sympathy, His love for Mariana and his family
Likes: DADA, Charms, Learning, Knowledge, Transfiguration, Potions, Mariana Diggory, Mom and Dad
Dislikes: Divination, Slytherin, Voldemort, Death Eaters
Motto: You can't always get what you want, but that does not mean that you should not try.
Family Information: None major relatives on his mother's side, but he has some important Muggle intellectuals and writers on his father's side. A distant relative of Edgar Allan Poe.
Background: Arthur was born on September 3, 1981 in Westminster to Gregory Poe, a muggle professor of History and Latin, and Sandra Poe, a former Hufflepuff and a witch, now a member of the order. Since he is Half-blooded, he did not find out he is a wizard until he turned 11. From an early age, his parents encouraged his intellect by giving him puzzles to solve and by teaching him how to play chess. But, they never forced him into anything he was reluctant to do. He was able to talk and read at the age of 3. At the age of 5 he decided, after a talk with his parents, that he would never drink or smoke, which he has not done until now. When he was only 4, a big dog got free from his leash and attacked Arthur. Although it hurt him, he recovered completely, but had to be taken to the ICU for treatment. He also grew fond of art, which his mother showed him, at a very young age.

The first book he read was Doyle's ''A Study in Scarlet''. After reding the book mentioned above, he wanted to find his Watson, a true and loyal friend that would always be by his side. He is still doing and evaluating in Hogwarts. Since then he has read every Doyle and Agatha Christie work, along with other classics such as Shakespeare, Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Goethe, Sartre, Camus, Beckett, Dante, etc. Reading crime fiction he enhenced his logic, deduction and induction and is now able to solve almost every type of puzzle.

At the age of 8 he got interested in music history. His father, a History teacher, who planted his love for general history, helped him in his research. After he concluded he knew as much as an individual can know, he decided to learn how to play the great wokrs he had been reading about. He persuaded his father and mother to pay him for piano lessons. They are a wealthy family so they agreed and Arthur started playing the piano. In just 3 years he has made impressive progress, being able to play works of Mozart and Beethoven. Five years after that, he was able to play the complex suites of Bach, Handel and Rachmaninoff. At 13 he began learning the violin. He mastered the instrument at the age of 19. Ironically or not, he did not know his mentor also played those two instruments until he finished school. While they were in a Muggle house in Paris, Poe sat to play the piano and then his mentor told him about his musical knowledge.
Short Roleplay: ''That is it. Another 50 points for Gryffindor for a brilliant potion. Class dismissed'', said Arthur shortly as the studens exited the Dungeons. It was his third period of the day and he had the next two free. He closed all the windows and cleared all the cauldrons with a wandless nonverebal spell and exited his classroom. He had been working on the post of Potions Teacher for a year now, but he always disliked his Dungeon classroom. That is why he asked the Headmistress to give him an office on the 1st Floor and she did, although it needed persuasion. He closed the door with a wandless Colloportus and went upstairs. One other interesting thing was that, although he taught Potions, he became the head of Ravenclaw, the youngest so far. Since he came here when he was 20 he immediately got the post from prof. Slughorn who went into permanent retirement and was appointed Head of Ravenclaw by professor Flitwick who also went into retirement. Since then he has been constantly travelling from the 1st Floor to the Dungeons. He had his dark green suit and robe today so as he walked up the stairs he had to pull it a little so it would not get dusty. He greeted some of the studens and soon came in front of his office.

But, just as he wanted to open someone called him. ''Professor Poe, could you wait a second?'', said an elderly voice. Arthur turned around. It was Headmistress McGonaggal. ''Yes, Headmistress?'', he asked. ''As you probably, know, we have a new Astronomy teacher, Miss Kavanagh'', she said. ''Actually, Headmistress, I had no idea. As I have said before, I find Astronomy and such related subjects silly and irrelevant, but if she wishes to teach that I have no objection. But, what does that have to do with me?'', he asked. ''Yes, I know your opinion abou those subjects, but still. Miss Kavanag had not ben properly welcomed by a member of the staff, so I would ask you to do it now'', she said politely. Arthur looked at her as if she were crazy. ''Headmistress, please. Anyone but the Astronomy teacher. You cannot do this to me'', Poe argued his own way. Headmistress McGonagall looked at him. ''Now, professor. Miss Kavanagh is a beautiful and polite young lady and I feel terribly bad that she has been ingored this whole time. I would not bother you, but you are the only professor free right now, like her. So it is the best time'', said McGonagall. Just as he wanted to say something, Headmistress McGonagall noted that he had no choice and that he sould better be going.

Arthur bowed reluctanly and went upstairs. He frowned the whole way, not even greeting the portrait he used. He would later apologise for that. Soon, he was in front of the Astronomy classroom. He really hated suchs magical disciplined and this was like some form of punishment for him. He knocked and opened the door. He entered to see young, just as the Headmistress said, beautiful woman sitting at her desk. ''Good day, I am Arthur Poe and I teach Potions. I have been sent here to welcome you to the school, although I dislike Astronomy'', said Poe visibly displeased with the fact that he has to be here. The interesting thing is that he had not moved from the entrance to the classroom. ''Now, if that is all, if I have done my bidding here I would like to leave. This bloody classroom gives me the creeps. How can anyone teach such a disasterous subject based on pure predictions. This, Divination and Arthimacy are the most useless subjects in the school. I do not mind someone learning them, but I like to stay away from them. Such utter nonsense this Astronomy, but I reckon you do not agree, Miss, don't you? Can you tell me what is the charm of this utter nonsense of a subject?'', asked Poe. He was not polite, but he was defenetly not angry at her. All of his statements were exclaimed coldly and calmly, as if he was reading something ona funeral. He waited for Miss Kavanag's reply.

Last edited by Arthur Severus Poe on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

POE, Arthur Severus Empty Re: POE, Arthur Severus

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Accepted and sorted into Gryffindor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top