Vito Dee Symons
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Vito Dee Symons Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Vito Dee Symons

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vito Dee Symons Empty Vito Dee Symons

Post by Vito Dee Symons Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:44 am

O U T O F C H A R A C T E R
Name: Red Hatts at your service
How you found Potter's Army: Keera Mast *gigglesnort*
Any other characters on Potter's Army: Fudge... here we go with the list.... Keera Mast, Calvin S. Ransom, Nerissa Hatts, & Damian Skeeter
Have your read the Plot?: Derrr
Have your read the Must read threads?: Yes Rolling Eyes

B A S I C I N F O R M A T I O N

Vito Dee Symons Ew2410
"Are you criminally deranged, or simply bad at expressing yourself?"

Name: Vito Dee Symons
Race: Poltergeist
Blood Status: N/A
Year AND Age: Has the appearance of a Twenty-year-old
Preferred houses: Once was a Slytherin
Canon or Original: Guess
Play-by: Ed Westwick

A P P E A R A N C E

Height: 5' 6"

Hair: Dark brown and always cut short so not to grow too far past his ears. Vito almost always combs his hair back so that none of it falls in his face, believing that his face is much more important than his hair, though he does seem to care for it greatly.

Eye color: Vito's eyes are a deep brown. He usually keeps his eyes somewhat squinted in a rather flirtatious manor- however, when he is angry, they almost look catlike.

Skin: Fair and exceptionally clear.

General Appearance: Vito is rather short for his age, but he himself does not see that, and finds himself to be a very attractive person. His egotistical personality has a powerful effect on his appearance; he keeps his hair no longer than just below his ears and usually keeps it swept back, his facial expressions always betray his love of his appearance, making him seem extremely self-centered at times.

His ego also affects the way he behaves; he has an air of confidence about him that most often comes off as arrogance. Vito moves his hands about slowly as he speaks, and keeps his voice low in order to make himself seem more mysterious- sometimes without even realizing he is doing so- believing that it is most becoming of him. The way he walks also seems as if he is strutting, and his eyes are constantly on those around him, as if watching to see If they look his way.

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Skills:

• Manipulating others into believing his false words

• Thinks rather quickly. This can be very useful in unexpected situations or plotting

• If he believes that he will benefit from it, Vito is very talented at getting people to talk through torture

• Is exceptionally well-spoken

• Vito believes that if life is really a ‘game’ that cheating should be an option, and so, is particularly skilled at finding ways to bend the rules to benefit himself

• Being a very deceitful person himself, Vito has learned to detect deceit with ease

• Intimidation

• Mimicry

• Being a poltergeist, Vito has the ability to hover above the ground/fly for short periods of time and make himself as transparent as a ghost (or choose to take on the appearance of a human, though he can not sleep and do this, for he needs to use his mind/thoughts in order to do so)

Weaknesses/Quirks:

• Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy

• Has obsessive self-interest

• Reacts to criticism with rage

• He often steps on others in order to get his way, feeling that he is the only important person and that others are born for that soul purpose.

• Has a twisted sense of humor that seemingly no one can understand

• When angry, goes into a trance-like state, finding a strong desire to make anyone around him scream and cry out in pain- usually, Vito acts on this desire, and ends up killing his victim without actually meaning to do anything more than torture them. After this accruing many, many times by mistake, Vigo was eventually desensitized, and was then angered much quicker than ever before, making him a rather dangerous enemy.

• Cares not for the lives of others

• Swirls his drink as if it is alcohol even when it is not

• Does not get himself into loving relationships with others, but instead, uses those he acquaints for sex and to fulfill his need to be complemented.

• Being complimented on his appearance

• The feeling of amusement, though it takes violence or being in control of a situation is usually the only thing to amuse him

• Knowing that he has the ability to ‘live’ forever, and that he has far more control over any dangerous situation than humans do

Dislikes:

• Feeling irrelevant

• Being ordered around or spoken to as if he is a lesser being in any way whatsoever

• Experiencing amusement only to have someone spoil it for him

• Being interrupted/The attention being taken away from him

• People who feed off of drama

Motto: Mere performance is no match for appearance

General Personality: This has already been explained through his history and his other personality information (skills, weaknesses, likes, dislikes, quirks & appearance) amounting to much more than one paragraph, which should suffice.

H I S T O R Y
Family Information: N/A

Gernal History:
Vito often awoke only to find that centuries had gone by. He knew what he was, and why he woke in different places, and did not question it. Each time, there was always a small child or young adult about when he woke, one with a destructive personality, or a strange rage harboring within them. It was these children that woke him each time, allowing him to interact for the time being with the world around him, doing whatever he liked in the meantime, until the anger, hatred, or mischievousness died within his creator, and he was whisked away from his ‘life’ once more. From each of child, Vito took a negative personality trait with him, forming him into a malicious and vane being.

There were even some times when Vito took control of one of the humans' mind, and forced them to do things more extream than they usually would have ever done, simply out of boredom.

1st Human (Vito was the responsible for every one of Zack’s malicious actions and for his suicide):

Zack was always cruel; even as a child he had been amused by others’ hurt ‘feelings’, and had gone out of his way to inflict emotional pain on others, simply to entertain and amuse himself. This had worried Zack’s parents ever since it had began, and so they had believed that sending the boy to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry when he had received his letter, had been the best thing for him. But it had only made things worse; being around even more people than before, Zack had more variety when choosing upon whom to harm mentally.

And when it seemed that the boy could get no worse, a young school boy found out that Zack had a temper that could drive him to violent actions. The Slytherin child and his small group of friends had approached Zack and began mocking him, pointing out every one of his flaws as if they were teachers grading him upon how he lived his life, and who he was. Zack himself had never known that he was capable of harming someone in such a way- and so very quickly he could lose his temper – and had been even more shocked then the teacher who had pulled Zack off of the leader of the ‘pack’, blood all over the Gryffindor boy’s hands. He had been sent home; the headmaster figured it was better that way, but as soon as he entered his family’s home, things took the worst possible turn.

Figuring there child was simply a ‘troubled young teenager who needed help’, Zack’s parents began taking the boy to a psychologist, who diagnosed him with depression when he had no such disorder. That was when the addiction to his prescription began. At first, he had simply taken the medication because he knew it would get his parents off of his back about it, and would stop their constant worrying, but then it became a way to get revenge on that doctor who had falsely diagnosed him, the Slytherin boy who had mocked him so cruelly, the ignorant Headmaster whom had forced him to leave his real home, and his parents, whom would not stop asking him what was wrong with him. He began taking the small pills by the handfuls, cursing those who had crossed him as he did so, and had passed out on the floor due to drug overdose.

2nd Human (Vito was responsible for Mark’s rage and for the Murder of a professor at Hogwarts because of Mark’s temper):

After being fired from his job as an Auror at the Ministry, Mark, having no other place to go, made his way back to Hogwarts. There he was given a job at the castle cleaning the place from head-to-toe with the assistance of the many house elves that worked there as well, and this had worked for some time, but it wasn’t long before someone recognized him as the man who had given a group of Death Eaters classified information on the Ministry's plans in order to keep himself safe.

Mark was told to leave the school, and when he didn’t, he was attacked by one of the professors who claimed to be ‘protecting the school and the students within its walls’. This had enraged Mark, and feeling so angered and lost as he did, Mark killed the professor brutally without even realizing what it was he had done until after the other man’s blood had been spilt. Vito was then sent to Azkaban for murder. A murder which he had committed by mistake.

Third Human (Vito nolonger had a human being to manipulate, and began ‘living’ as a human being himself, though he didn’t realize that it was the anger and fear in the people of London that had awoken Vito once more, keeping him from leaving London):

When Vito woke he was lying on the beach. At first he had assumed that he had simply awoken once more to ruin the life of someone who already had problems with their head, but after searching for said person for some time, he came to the conclusion that no such person was to be found.

At first, Vito was extremely angered; he hadn't anything to do with his time. He had turned to drinking, which he found, fortunately, had effect even on poltergeists. Vito had spent his evenings drinking stolen alcohol- it was fairly simply to nick things when those who owned said things couldn’t even see you – and slept all day in booths in the same bars he had had spent his time in all night. This went on for a very long time, until Vito felt as if he would rather have never have awoken if he would have to live his ‘life’ without anything to do with himself.

That was when he realized that he had the ability to appear as he once had before when pretending to be human in order to get his creators to trust him, often acting as their friends or enemies in order to spend time near them easily. And so his obsession with his appearance began. After once more learning to appear as if he were any ordinary human being, Vito recognized his situation as one that he could enjoy; he no longer had to worry about fallowing some human around for months, and was free to do what he wished.

Though he hadn't a clue that if he left London, he would vanish once more, for it wasn't a single person who had awoken him this time around; the chaos that the people in London were creating was Vito's only 'life'line.

Short Roleplay: N/A

Last edited by Vito Dee Symons on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:51 am; edited 36 times in total
Vito Dee Symons
Vito Dee Symons

Number of posts : 797

Back to top Go down

Vito Dee Symons Empty Re: Vito Dee Symons

Post by Jess Potter Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:49 am

Hey, looking forward to hearing the tale of death? Or w.e. it is that happens to poltergeists. Haha.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Vito Dee Symons Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:05 am

Eh, not the best death in the world, but its somethin' I guess XD
I feel that I didn't do all that well on this application Neutral , I apologize for that.
Vito Dee Symons
Vito Dee Symons

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:08 am

Poltergeists aren't ghosts. They're a manifestation of a chaotic force. They've never been alive.

Smile
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:13 am

That completely depends on your views of the spirit world. I view Poltergeists as human creations and theres actually a lot of evidence to show that to Razz
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Vito Dee Symons Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:19 am

Eh, well, excuse me for not doing my research. However, I am choosing to keep this application the way it is. I could possibly change things once I start RPing as Vito, but first I want to get the feel of this character and figure out what I want to do with him.

Last edited by Vito Dee Symons on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Vito Dee Symons
Vito Dee Symons

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:02 am

I'm not saying this as "my view". I'm saying it's what's recorded in Harry Potter canon. Rowling has said that Peeves, as a poltergeist, is a manifestation of the chaos at Hogwarts, unlike the ghosts who are spirits of dead people.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:27 am

I'm afraid I don’t exactly understand, could you, perhaps, explain a bit more? This character could benefit greatly if I knew and understood a bit more about poltergeists.
Nerissa Hatts

Number of posts : 482

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:39 am

Eh, well, that I could XD Thank you.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 389