John Cooper
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

John Cooper Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

John Cooper

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

John Cooper Empty John Cooper

Post by Hailey Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:29 am

O U T O F C H A R A C T E R
Name: Hailey.
How you found Potter's Army: Forumotion.
Any other characters on Potter's Army: Nope.
Have your read the Plot?: Yes.
Have your read the Must read threads?: Yes

B A S I C I N F O R M A T I O N
John Cooper IMG_4547
Name: John Cooper [Will think of a new name later. Any ideas?]
Nickname: None. [Yet, anyway.]
Race: Human.
Blood Status: Pureblood
Year AND Age: Graduate, 21
Preferred houses: Formerly of Slytherin. 
Canon or Original: Original.
Play-by: John Cooper

A P P E A R A N C E
Height: 5'11"
Hair: Black, straight.
Eye colour: Hazel. 
Skin: Tan
General Appearance: [Will write later.]

P E R S O N A L I T Y
Skills:
Awesome singer
Plays guitar
Is very smart
Very good at potion making

Weaknesses:
Has ADD [Attention Deficit Disorder] so he finds it hard to concentrate for long periods of time
His childhood memories

fire,
death,
black, ,
anything emoish,
rock music,
hot wings, [XD]

Dislikes:
Muggles,
pink,
butterflies,
unicorns,
anything girly. 

Motto: [Will think of one later]
General Personality: [Will fill out tomorrow]

H I S T O R Y
Family Information: Idk..
Childhood: He grew up in a horrible, muggle orphanage. Everyone disliked him because he always caused trouble, not on purpose, but more "accidental magic" because he had no idea that he was a wizard. His parents died when he was 4 years old. The orphanage he grew up in was very small and dirty. The owner made the children do everything, washing floors, doing laundry, cook meals, ect. Ever since hes known he was a wizard, he has utterly hated muggles because of his horrible time as a young child. [Will add more later.]
Hogwarts: Was in Slytherin, and was excelent at Potion Making. [Will add more later]
Adulthood: [Will fill out later.]

Short Roleplay: Idk, because i've never roleplayed before..

Last edited by Hailey on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hailey
Hailey

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

John Cooper Empty Re: John Cooper

Post by Nick Potter Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:33 am

Ok not sure about the name but family info is a time line sorta and for weaknesses you could have Students bears and dragons but thats an example
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:43 am

You need looooooaads more personality, appearance, childhood, and Hogwarts. Also, could you please tell me which character you're using for the site first? It's reccomended you wait until your first character is finished before making another.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailey Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:48 am

Yeah, i know. Its hard to fill it out on my iPod Touch.

I'm going to use this one. Please dont delete the other one, i'm going to save it on my computer tomorrow.
Hailey
Hailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:59 am

Alright, but you have a two week deadline.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailey Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:06 pm

I should be able to finish it today.
Hailey
Hailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Okay Hailey, I'm going to try and help you get a good, meaty application done and done right.

-- Name: Okay, first of all I think you should actually think about the reasons behind the name. It isn't entirely realistic for your character to have the same name as your play-by. Another point is that he's a Pureblood. John Cooper is a stock name, one seen before and average. There's nothing really odd about it. Purebloods loved giving their children odd names and Purebloods are rare so with a name like Cooper he's more likely to be a half-blood or a muggle-born. That's just my two cents on that. Razz

-- General Appearance: As you do it, go down the list that you did before that. Why is he so tall? Does he slouch and have bad posture? Does he need to duck his head when he goes through doors? Is there a history of height in the paternal side of his family -- or even the maternal? Hair -- is it long or short? Is it soft to the touch, does it grow faster than most? Does he have an incurable case of bed head? Eyes -- describe their shape, if there are any oddities in the irises and describe the purity of the colour. Perhaps go into describing how the eyelids peal back -- maybe his eyes don't close all of the way when he blinks? Skin and you can also add build -- he' s got a rugby build from what I can see in the picture so maybe describe his broad shoulders, strong arms, well-muscled legs and describe how he tans. Does he need to spend two weeks on a sunbed or is it just a case of stepping outside? Then little add-ons, piercings, tattoos, scars, etc.

-- Skills, likes, dislikes, weaknesses: Right, for skills they aren't exactly feasible. He can't really be a Parseltongue because that's a fairly rare ability. He strikes me as the Death Eater type. No Death Eater could cast a Patronus bar Snape so it's fairly unlikely he'll be able to produce a corporeal Patronus. His singing ability -- is that his opinion or someone else's? Perhaps he's athletic or a quick thinker. In the Hogwarts part you mentioned potions and that he had a knack for the subject. Why isn't that in Skills if he's got talent in that area? Perhaps he's particularly fond of the dark arts and well practised in them? How about an instrument -- maybe he's an amateur guitarist? Is he a decent flyer or does he prefer floo? There are so many different things to explore. As for likes and dislikes they're pretty much what you'd expect from a 'dark' character but does it go any further than that or is he just one-dimensional? Why does he hate Muggles so much and look up to the Malfoy family? Why is he obsessed with blood and death? Wouldn't girls be a little disturbed by that? What about normal things like cake, chocolate or vegetables -- does he like them? Maybe he hates them! Who knows? It's up to you. Weaknesses -- He has none as of yet but there are lots that can be seen from the app as it is now. He's quite shallow from what I can see and a dark character. His memories could be weaknesses, something that someone could exploit him for. That would make him weak-minded if he couldn't protect those memories. Is he easily intimidated or does he say the wrong things? Come on, flaws are FUN! Personality -- just take from what you have and explain it!

History: His childhood consisted of living in an orphanage, a muggle one no doubt. So he wouldn't know about magic would he? But he'd have bursts of accidental magic. How did the other' children treat him? How did the adults treat him? Was he well fed or was he starved? Did people bully him? Did he have to do chores? What does he remember of his parents? Does he know who they were? How old was he when he went into the orphanage? What was his life like before the orphanage? How did he feel when he was told he was a wizard?
At Hogwarts...describe his sorting? what was it like? how was he feeling? Did he make any friends on the train? What did he know about the houses before getting their? How did he cope in the shunned Slytherin environment? How did he deal with the prejudice from the other houses? What did he excel in (put that in your skills as well) and what teachers did he favour? What did he get up to on Hogsmeade trips? Did he study for his O.W.L's and N.E.W.T's -- what were the results? Where did he go at Christmas and during the summer -- back to the orphanage?
Graduate ....describe his graduation. What has he done after Hogwarts? Has he got a job? Has he got somewhere to live or does he return to the orphanage every night? What are his political leanings? Is he a Death Eater? What battles has he taken part in since his graduation? Did he apprentice with anyone? How does he like life outside of the school? What limitations has he had because of his background or lack of money perhaps?

^^ That was just a few ideas for what you cold do. It'll help bulk your app out! Let me know if you want anymore help!
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingrid Payne Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Go Eli! That would be super helpful
Ingrid Payne
Ingrid Payne

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailey Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Wow, that helped alot. Thanks SOOO much! This is my first time ever roleplaying/making an application so thats why i suck.. and i'm alot younger than most people here. AND i wrote that at like midnight so i was tired. I'll work on it later today. Again, THANKS.
Hailey
Hailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:03 pm

THANK YOU ELI!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next