Practical Magic Workshop Meeting 1
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Practical Magic Workshop Meeting 1 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Practical Magic Workshop Meeting 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Practical Magic Workshop Meeting 1 Empty Practical Magic Workshop Meeting 1

Post by Michael Tremaine Mon May 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Michael was about as far from an academic as it got. he was, when all was said and done, immensely practical. Henceforth, it had caused him to select more practical aspects of magic for his class. It was not his intention to duplicate what other professors were planning on teaching or perhaps had taught. Certainly there had not been a lot of these topics in the last few years, so it had not been his intention to offend any of the tenured staff.

Generally, blue jeans were frowned upon as inappropriate student and faculty dress for a class, but he had requested students wear casual clothing and not school uniforms. He had also chosen blue jeans for himself. In addition, he had asked them to meet him outside the Entrance Hall to Hogwarts, outside on the steps. He had some of the carriages drawn by thestrals waiting for them. Their first class could not be undertaken on school grounds.

And for this first meeting, Headmaster Doyle was attending the workshop with him. A workshop was new to Hogwarts, and this was merely an experiment. He waited with a leather messenger bag slung over his shoulder, just breathing in the fresh morning air and enjoying the sunshine while he waited on not only Doyle but also the students. He was hoping Doyle had managed to haul himself out of bed this morning.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Practical Magic Workshop Meeting 1 Empty Re: Practical Magic Workshop Meeting 1

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri May 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Mis didn't actually know what was this “Practical Magic workshop“, but she was about to find out.
Hopefully it wasn't about selling enchanted lollypops to little mugglekids. Besides the name Michael Tremaine was familiar to her, and she wanted to see what this old man could do.
When she entered, she was surprised to see that no one else besides her, Michael and one young boy was there. Nodding to the teacher, she took a seat next to the Ravenclaw student. “Hey,“ she greeted him quietly, hoping that atleast talking to him would make her boredom go away.

OOC: Try to ignore my writing mistakes (a)
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by James Wake Wed May 18, 2011 1:35 am

James Wake entered the Entrance hall, uncertain of whether or not he had dressed casually enough. Blue Jeans, plain t-shirt, trench coat... it seemed enough for the boy. In fact, there was a point when he considered his regular robes the casual wear. This, of course, was not the class required of him. He wore the first clothes he found that could possibly meet the parameters set by the course's head professor.

Technically, James Wake was already well-practiced in Practical Magic. That was what he generally used... magic that could be used quickly to solve problems within mere seconds of the posing of the question. But, he needed the credits. Congratulations bureaucracy. Redundancy at its finest. James, however, chose to keep an open-minded approach the course. With any luck, they would at least see some action, rather than a standard old class.

My, my, Wake, a little fiesty today, are we?
Cheesecake?
Not. A. Morning person. SO.... SILENCE.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Wed May 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Doyle limped inside the classroom, observing the whole image. ''Someone actually decided to attend this?'', he asked as he limped next to Michael. ''You see, now you owe me those £100!'', he said, hitting the old man in leg with his cane. 'You all know me, I'm your worst nightmare and this fossil over here, well... I don't know anything about him except that he's as old as this castle... at one point, I though he did the brick-work back then'', he explained. ''As this is your first class, I shall sit in, just in case some of you delinquents tries to disappear or... well, you never know what could happen to him'', he said, pointing comically at Michael. ''Now, I expect him to introduce himself to us and give us a brief explanation of this class and today's lesson'', Doyle said.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Wed May 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Ash walked into the great hall, very quietly slipping in as the Headmaster started to speak. Although she was returning to school, extremely pregnant and back from 'visiting' her family, she had kept up on her studies. They had made sure of that. She took a seat next to a Ravenclaw boy and listened to them talk. She didn't wear her robes, having not gotten new ones that fit her yet and her hair was pulled back. She wondered what exactly would be considered practical magic as she listened, fairly certain it was everything that was required to know as an adult in the wizarding world.
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Fri May 20, 2011 12:04 am

OOC: Just a reminder--we are outside. Outside the Entrance Hall to Hogwarts on the steps to the school. See my first post for clarification.

MIchael watched the students assemble and then Doyle arrived and cracked him on the leg with his cane.

"Watch it, there, Eddy," Michael scowled at the headmaster. He turned to the students.

"Good morning, and welcome to Practical Magic," Michael said. "I'm the Fossil...Michael Tremaine. This is not a typical class. A workshop is usually designed for more intensive experiential sorts of things, and I'm hoping to provide you with some skills that might be beneficial to you as you enter the adult wizarding world. I've asked the school carriages to be here this morning so that we can actually leave school grounds. Hence, the reason for your Headmaster being here with us today. The whole 'leaving the grounds' business. Our first class cannot be taught on school grounds. That is also why I asked you not to wear your uniforms.

"If you would be so kind as to board one of the carriages so we can be on our way, please? Oh, and I will try to learn your names, but most of the time it is far easier for me to use a nickname. If you have one, that would be helpful. If I use a nickname, it is not meant as any kind of derogatory terminology. If you strenuously object to a nickname, say so now, please. I do prefer we get along." Michael knew he most likely would be misunderstood from the start. He used nicknames for everyone he knew. It was more of a term of endearment rather than any intention to ever debase anyone or hurt their feelings.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top