Magical Artifacts Claiming
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Artifacts Claiming Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Artifacts Claiming

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Artifacts Claiming Empty Magical Artifacts Claiming

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:46 pm

MAGICAL ARTIFACTS

PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:

+ There is only one item allowed per person/character.+ We will not accept items that aren't related to HP. So take your lightsabers elsewhere! *points at Jedis.*

Example of Accepted Item
Spoiler:

Accepted Items
Spoiler:

Item Name: Self-Explanatory -- what is it called?
Item Type: again, Self-Explanatory -- what is it?
Creation: How it was made, when was it made etc.
Character Discovery: How did your character come by it?
If they made it just put N/A.
Use(s): It's a magical artifact so what does it do? Pros and Cons..that sort of stuff.
Roleplay Sample: It's pointless for your character to have the object if you can't realistically use it in RP. Show us how you'd use it!

Code:
[b][color=#009fa9]Item Name:[/color][/b] Self-Explanatory -- what is it called?
[b][color=#009fa9]Item Type:[/color][/b] again, Self-Explanatory -- what is it?
[b][color=#009fa9]Creation:[/color][/b] How it was made, when was it made etc.
[b][color=#009fa9]Character Discovery:[/color][/b] How did your character come by it? If they made it just put N/A.
[b][color=#009fa9]Use(s):[/color][/b] It's a [i]magical[/i] artifact so what does it do? Pros and Cons..that sort of stuff.
[b][color=#009fa9]Roleplay Sample:[/color][/b] It's pointless for your character to have the object if you can't realistically use it in RP. Show us how you'd use it!
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Magical Artifacts Claiming Empty Re: Magical Artifacts Claiming

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:13 am

Item Name:The Raven
Item Type: A enchanted stuffed raven
Creation:Ne'Os made it in his store
Character Discovery:n/a
Use(s):
pros:It can be used in combat to attack the eyes of an enemy.
Deliver messages verbally and in the user's voice.
Can cause extreme pain if the victim of the user.
cannot be killed as it is technically dead and It would take a extremely powerful spell to destroy it.
It is extremely intelligent and is sentient.
on rare occasions it can tell of possible futures but only in riddle form and because they are possible futures they shouldn't be taken as fact.

Cons: It requires a large amount of attention and must always be near the user when it is not in use.
It is unpredictable and not easy to control.
It can be used by multiple people even if it sticks around its creator.
It is extremely territorial and may attack other birds.
While it can be used in combat it is not designed for it.
The bird is linked telepathically to the creator and anyone it bonds with.
Because it is intelligent it is a sentient being so it does not have to do what the owner/creator/or bonded asks of it.
Because it can be used by multiple people at once its loyalties can never truly be known.

Roleplay Sample:Ne'OS looked down at his work station. Sitting on it was a black raven. It looked up at him with if Ne'Os didn't know better was a amused look. It opened its beak and instead of the raven's normal call was a females voice."How may I help you my creator?" it asked pleasantly. "I have nothing for you yet but I do want to test your capabilities soon. Rest for now while I make sure the magic holding you together is strong" he said waiting until the rave was fast asleep before he started to examine her. He tapped his wand lightly on its head. He could see multiple spell diagrams and runes appear on the feathers of the bird.

This perhaps was the most advanced piece of magic he had done since he was resurrected and perhaps the most amazing. He couldn't think of anyone ever creating a near life creation such as this. And the way Ne'Os had done it. He almost didn't know it was dead. He knew with any artifact there would be problems he would just need to find them out.

The effect of the Raven's torture: Pain so extreme it stops all thought, all comprehension of events around the victim. The only thing that can get through is the thoughts of the person using the Raven (( as well as any input from the raven). The downside for using the raven's power in this way is that the user gets stuck in a trance like state so they can concentrate on their victim. They would be defenseless should they try using this in a combat situation.

Last edited by Ne'Os Emof on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:01 pm

the only thing that i think needs polishing on this, Ne'Os, is the fact that it can't be killed. Even if it is an inanimate object, i would think a simple. "catch it on fire" or "blow it up" thingy might work, yes? Does it need to take a powerful spell to destroy it? the rest of it looks good to me.

k.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22692
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:34 pm

well i wouldn't want it to be destroyed by simple stray spells but I guess it bieng hit by NEWT level spells meant to destroy objects would do it.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:46 pm

i would think so too. adding.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22692
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:53 am

I want to let you all know I am adding a description of the Raven's torture abilities. It includes a pro and a con.

The effect of the Raven's torture: Pain so extreme it stops all thought, all comprehension of events around the victim. The only thing that can get through is the thoughts of the person using the Raven (( as well as any input from the raven). The downside for using the raven's power in this way is that the user gets stuck in a trance like state so they can concentrate on their victim. They would be defenseless should they try using this in a combat situation.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ne'Os Emof Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 am

Not wanting to be rude but my artifact has already been approved and used in topics i'm in. It hasn't been created to solve any problems but to be fun for me. And I can call it sentient because it can feel, perceive, and is conscious. I am in no way making any claim that Ne'Os has brought a raven back to life. Also there is no guideline in here saying I can only have one or two abilities with my artifact. I imagine if there was Khaat would not have let me have this artifact. I suggest that you put your admin energies into going after bigger problems like the plot or site inactivity and should you have a issue with my artifacts/abilities or my general RP you PM me.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Albus S Potter Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Item Name: Severus Snape's portrait
Item Type: The portrait of deceased Potions Master Severus Snape which traditionally used to hang in the Headmaster's Study
Creation: Every Headmaster of Hogwarts gets his portrait made at some point or the other in his tenure, and a bit of his magical essence is injected into it, allowing the portrait to possess the memories, knowledge, and talk like the deceased person.
Character Discovery: Albus was first acquainted with aforesaid portrait when he was called to then-Headmistress McGonagall's Office in his first year. Previously, Snape talked to no one, not even the Headmistress, instead preferring to remain silent, or absent. But when Albus entered the office, he found the portrait of a sallow, hook-nosed man staring at him. Over the years, Albus managed to extract one or two threadbare conversations out of the portrait, mostly regarding Potions and experimental spells. On death of McGonagall, Albus was shocked to find that she had left the portrait to him. (Allowed, since Dumbledore did it for Harry in his will)
Use(s):
Pros:
Snape, though not a professional spell crafter, and definitely nowhere nearing unparalleled, still was extremely talented. Albus knew he had invented a spell like Sectumsempra in his teenage years. And of course, his potions knowledge needs no demonstration. So the man's memories would be an invaluable source of information, especially to an aspiring spell creator like Albus. Now if only he could coax the man to talk more often.
(Note: Dumbledore’s portrait in DH demonstrated he had all of his memories, till before dieing. In fact, he pretty much behaved like himself, just stuck on a wall)
Cons:
One more Potter-spawn comment......or derisive quip regarding his dress...or hair....or potion-making abilities.....or dunderheadedness....or idiocy.....or 'unworthy of bearing the blood of Lily Evans'......or...well, you get the point, and Albus might just lose his mind.
Roleplay Sample:
Albus scowled at his notebook. Really, really fiercely. Didn’t matter that it was a notebook and couldn’t really see his scowl, didn’t matter that he generally didn’t resort to expressions which showed too much of what he was feeling, or extremes of stupidity……..the notebook was annoying him, and he would scowl at it within the confines of his home as much as he pleased.

Well……it wasn’t the notebook that was annoying him exactly. It was the contents. Albus stared hard down at the complex arithmancical equations which stated that it was impossible to conjure blood. But Albus wanted to do it so badly. Like the I-wanna-pee-after-drinking-ten-gallons-of-pumpkin-juice badly. Besides, it would be such a boon for magical medicine all over the world. No need for persuading brattish purebloods who believed their blood was too precious to be donated.

Liar. You just want to see blood pouring out of your wand.

Albus shrugged. Whatever his motives, it would be an amazing spell. Too bad the bloody laws of magic said it was impossible.

“Keep scowling like that, spawn, and you’ll grow uglier than James Potter.”

A muscle in Albus’s jaw twitched. That voice. That snarky, dry, derisive, contemptuous voice was another reason for his annoyance.

“You know, if you can’t help, maybe you should just shut up.”

Snape glared at him. Albus didn’t need to look up to see it, he could bloody feel the force of the glare on the side of his face. Unfortunately, whoever had painted the portrait of Severus Snape was unbelievably good. The portrait was even more ill-tempered than the man in real life. If that was possible.

“What sort of way is that to speak to your father’s teacher?” Snape spat, then started muttering to himself, “Disrespectful, disgraceful brat….worse than his father…and grandfather..”

“If you want respect, you need to earn it.” Albus shot back. He was ‘respectful’ enough to his namesake when he first entered Grimmauld Place. That changed quickly enough.

Snape arched his eyebrows, his voice quickly shifting to a low, smooth drawl. “Why on earth would I wish to earn the respect of a half-brained imbecile? You wish to be a spell crafter” The man’s mouth curled into a sneering smirk, “And your mind is limited by laws invented by a hare-brained codger centuries ago. Do you really think blood can be conjured out of any wood?”

Albus’s mouth twisted furiously, he was just going to retort back, when he stopped. And thought.
And the scowl on his face shifted into a blinding smile. He stooped down, and began scribbling in the notebook furiously. Sure, Snape's suggestion could only twist the equation enough to create pseudo-blood, not of any particular group, but still invaluable for emergency situations. But he would still be able to conjure it. Hopefully. Albus's smile broadened.

Albus reckoned a part of the reason why he was beaming so much, was the increasingly incensed glare of a certain Potions master, boring holes into the side of his face, probably out of the realization that he had just been tricked out of his knowledge.

(P.S: You might think it isn't of any use in RP, but I needed a reason for Albus to become accomplished at the art of spell invention. And Snape will provide for hilarious side-commentary if someone drops in at Albus’s home)

Last edited by Albus S Potter on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Is it alright now?)
Albus S Potter
Albus S Potter
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 454
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top