August 17, 2025
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

August 17, 2025 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

August 17, 2025

View previous topic View next topic Go down

August 17, 2025 Empty August 17, 2025

Post by Susan Bones Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Letter from the New Editor
Dear Readers,
I’m sure you all have heard rumours of their being an new editor for the Daily Prophet, today I am going to tell you the truth all of the truth. I, Susan Bones, the last family member to carry the Bones name, am now officially the editor of the Daily Prophet. I did not take this job for fame or recognition but to tell the wizarding world what is really going on and to give the real truth unlike previous editors.
What are my goals for the Daily Prophet? To give you the readers the most clear, truthful, and honest articles possible. No more games, this is a society not a playground. I also want to hopefully achieve making the Daily Prophet straightforward and authentic. I know many you reader have lost hope in the Daily Prophet for the truth or even to give you news properly, I was one of you a few weeks ago but now I’m going to change the Daily Prophet to what it was supposed to me.
What are going to be my first changes to the Daily Prophet? I am taking full charge of what is being put into the Daily Prophet. I do not want letters talking about murdering people or plotting deaths. All articles must be approved and cleared with me before being printed in the Daily Prophet to stop the spread of lies. Any employees who do not fallow those simple rules are free to leave whenever they please because I am not going anywhere nor am I going to change my rules.
What to expect from new Daily Prophet? For once the truth, I sure many of you are rolling your eyes right now but I do mean the truth. I will be telling you the complete and utter truth even when the truth hurts or scares you. If times are tough or grim, that’s what it is. I will not sugar coat anything. If someone is murdered, they dead and someone needs to know that it isn’t okay to that family. But if there are bright times ahead, you reader will be the first to know. I plan on getting things right the first time not the second or third. I will write what I feel so be prepared for a very new style of articles. The wizarding world is like a game of Wizard’s Chess, you don’t make a move unless you have the right knowledge. The Daily Prophet is where that knowledge comes from so it bloody should be telling the truth.

Sincerely,
Susan Bones[

Are the Death Eaters Making A Comeback?
Many of you readers have heard rumours of a new Death Eater leader, I’m afraid we don’t have enough information to confirm or deny those rumours. But we fear the worst after news of a Death Eater attack. We have been told that two Aurors were murdered by Death Eaters - Nikolai Eldon and Martin Chance. The murders are unknown at this time. The crime scene was in Knockturn Alley, the Dark Mark marked the scene clearly in the sky. May those Aurors rest in peace and may our hearts go out to their families. Any death is a tragedy but one so violent and sudden is unable to be described in words. In other words, should people be preparing for a comeback and to defend their families once again? I fear so. For those of you with young families or still under the age please do not panic. This may be nothing so please do not do anything irrational before we get official word that this is true.

I must tell you readers not to engage a Death Eater unless you are trained to do so and kiddos if you see anyone acting suspiciously please tell your parents. If your kids or you see anyone suspicious please report it to authorities. It is very important that you report any sightings.

Brutal Cruel Attack on Small Muggle Town
A small village in the South-Eastern corner of Britain was brutally attacked. Population was barely over two thousand people. The death toll is unknown but it has to be rather high since there was only one known surivor. Women and children of all ages murdered in cold blood. There was no mercy spared for even the youngest of residents. What gives anyone the right to take another life? What gives a person the right to take a child’s life? Nothing, it’s just a sick ‘game’ some people. All I have to say to you sick people who killed these innocent people are the fallowing: take on town with wands, see how you fare. This is a crime that doesn’t have a strong enough punishment; death is way too kind for these monsters. I will not write more about this crime, it will only give them satisfaction.

Chase Moor's Story
I know many people may not like me telling Chase Moor’s story but this is the Daily Prophet and we tell the news. Chase Moor was a very beloved student at Hogwarts and in community. Her death is much a tragedy but I believe you must know what happened to her. Another murder, what is going on with the wizarding society? Back onto the topic of Chase Moor. We do not have much information on her murder. But we do that the murderer has yet to be disclosed to us. We can tell you how she died though. We do know that she died of died by stab wounds and that the person who brought her in wished to remain anonymous. They did not disclose where they found her but swears that it was a murder that they had witnessed. I little fishy to me how about you? Chase is surviving by her husband Calvin S Ransom. She was a beloved student at Hogwarts and in the community. Her will named Calvin S Ransom and Jack Dyllan as the main benefactors. The will was released and her death was finally brought to light. I must ask why it isn’t being spoken of. And why isn’t there more information about her death? All I have to say is shame on the people who are holding back this information from the public.

The Illness Takes Another Life
Sadly, Sapphire Ivanova was taken by this mysterious illness. I personally know the family there I feel that I should mention her death. She was bright young girl. Only fifteen years old, not even old enough to do magic outside of Hogwarts. My own daughter had only gotten home from vacation with the girl when we heard the news. I was lucky that my daughter hadn’t also gotten sick. My daughter was quite shocked when I told her the news. How many lives must be lost before someone will find a cure? I send love to her parents. I’m very sorry for your lose. To all of her friends, please remember to remember her life not her death. I have lost many friends in my life time; don’t cry for her being dead but smile for her having lived.

One Last Word from the Editor
Please feel free to owl (post a comment or PM) about this version for the Daily Prophet. They may receive sly remarks, insults and other interesting results but you’ll have to try it to find out.
Sincerely,
Susan Bones

Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top