The truth shall set us free
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The truth shall set us free Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The truth shall set us free

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The truth shall set us free Empty The truth shall set us free

Post by Nathaniel Addams Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:37 am

It was dinner time, Sarah was usually downstairs chatting up the storm with her friends but tonight was different. She wasn't in the mood to eat right now, she had alot on her mind lately and to be honest it was driving her crazy. Sarah needed a place to think, a place where no one would think to find her. "The Astronomy Tower." Sarah thought to herself but she stopped herself remembering the events that last happened at that place. Shaking her head Sarah headed upstairs to the girls' dorm grabbing her Gryffindor blanket before heading towards the tower.

"I shouldn't let some silly thing like that keep me away from the Astronomy Tower."Sarah thought to herself as she walked up the narrow stairs towards highest tower in Hogwarts. After a few minutes Sarah had reached the tower and sighed in relief to see no one was up here. Laying her blanket down, she laid down on the blanket looking at the stars that were before her. Feeling all her thoughts entering her head she looked at the stars deep in thought. Sarah was glad she had a place to think and she could let her thoughts go free, she was tired of keeping them bottled up inside.

So many things were going through Sarah right now, she just wanted to scream and cry in sadness and anger. She was still emotionally and physically scarred from her grandparents even if she was just there for a week. The thought of Alice and Zandell together made her have a ache in her stomach and chest like something was punching her in the stomach while someone was ripping her hear out of her chest. Laying on the cold floor of the astronomy tower she blinked her eyes as tears came down her face. Wiping them away, she continued to cry in silence glad no one can see or hear her.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

The truth shall set us free Empty Re: The truth shall set us free

Post by Alice Longbottom Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:00 am

The past few weeks have been so crazy. With the large amount of homework piling in every day and her parents still upset with her, she was an emotional roller coaster. It certainly didn't help that whenever Alice wanted to take some time off and just enjoy silence, her roommate would have a group of giggly girls in their room. They were just always there and she couldn't find any privacy at all. As she became sick of listening to unimportant gossips and trying to relax despite all of the chatter, she decided it was time to get away. She didn't know where to yet, but she knew she had to leave that room. It was a matter of sanity at this point.

It was simply too cold to go outside as it was already December and snow was soon to be expected. Her room might have been noisy and distracting but at least it wasn't freezing. Ruling out the courtyard as well, she took a stroll around the castle. All she needed was a quite room to think. The library was always an option but it was just too dusty and it only reminded her of the homework she needed yet to finish. Her thoughts wandered until she finally reached to a perfect option.

Walking up the stairs of the Astronomy tower, she was glad she had picked this place. There could be nothing more calming than watching the stars on the night sky. She needed clarity and this would be perfect for her. She even wished she could stay in that tower locked, for a few days at least. Far away from everyone. The idea that used to get her through rough days was Christmas. The joy of the holidays could never leave her or disappoint. But now that her parents are furious with her, it might make things a bit more awkward than before.

Opening the door, she immediately noticed a girl lying down on the floor. "Oh sorry! Wasn't expecting anyone here..." she said quickly with an apologetic smile. As soon as she saw the girl's face, she had recognized her. It wasn't long ago that the two of them were very close friends, but things change. "Sarah?" she asked.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Sarah let out a groan as she heard the door of the Astronomy Tower being pushed opened by someone. "Great just when I thought I was alone someone has to come and intrude." Sarah thought to herself. Hearing a familiar voice asking her if she was Sarah she cursed under her breath at the sight of Alice before her. "Yes it's me, an what are you doing here shouldn't you be with Zandell in the Hufflepuff common room?" Sarah asked her coldly. Sarah thought once she gotten back, everything would go back to normal but she guessed not.

Sarah was still hurt emotionally and physivally but everything that had happened to her lately. She found it hard to trust anyone lately, for they all turned out to be liars and backstabbers. Only three things good happened since she gotten back one she was a Nesbitt again, two she was away from her horrible grandparents and three she was Sam's little sister again. She was happy those happened, but she wished that she was in Zandell's arms again, it was a place she belonged but Zandell was Alice's now.

Ignoring the fact that Alice was still there, she looked back at the stars deep in thoughts about a lot
of things. As a sharp pain came to her bruised side she winced and tried to sit up but, as she did it shot through her whole body making her cry in pain. No one knew that her grandparents her, only her parents and that was it. Sarah was always treated badly there, she was forced to do things for them since she was little, and if she didn't she was beaten. Of course after a while Zandell and Alice found out, but that was after she was forced to tell them. Sarah probably knew Alice knew what was wrong, if Zandell told her that she left.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Alice took a deep breath as Sarah spoke. She was expecting her to be mad, rude even, so her words didn't come as a surprise. She wouldn't even judge her if she pointed her want at her at some point. After what Sarah saw in the Astronomy tower a while ago, she had every right to. But she didn't know or understand the whole story. That everything was just a huge misunderstanding and simply terrible timing. But she knew that convincing her to believe her words would be quite a challenge. Kissing someone's boyfriend doesn't exactly make you the most favorite person on their list.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you. I thought no one was here and..." started Alice, not really knowing what to say. She was lost for words. She wanted to apologize and get her friend back, but she didn't know how. "Of course not. I haven't spoken to Zandell in weeks" she said shaking her head. This whole misunderstanding didn't make her a favorite with Zandell either. Now that she broke their relationship with this silly situation, she was determined to put it back together as it was.

"Look, Sarah. Can we please talk? As I remember, we used to be friends and I don't want to lose that. This situation is just.... very confusing. I promise I never knew he was your boyfriend. Zandell is just my friend, that is all. Everything that happened was just a misunderstanding. I know it sounds weird but it really was. I would never want to mess up things between you and Zandell if I knew you were together. I just don't know how to explain and apologize" said Alice, hoping she would at least try and understand. Gazing at her bruises as she moved and her expression of pain, she became worried. "Are you...alright?" she asked softly.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Sarah looked at her and nodded understanding what Alice meant. "It's ok, I guess I'm not the only one who liked him." said Sarah softly. "Altough the site of you kissing him hurt me, I felt like you two were betraying me." said Sarah softly but honestly. Sarah loved them both, in different ways of course but there wasn't anything she'll do for them. Without them she was a empty shell, they were made her feel alive. It was a bit lame to say that, but it was true and it always been since they were little.

Although at the time Sarah didn't want to admit, but she missed Zandell and Alice like crazy. It was weird how people can be so much a part of who you are, it was sometimes a scary thought. But Zandell and Alice knew her very well, sometimes better then she knew herself. "I forgive you Alice, let's just start over again ok?" Sarah asked her softly giving her a soft warm smile. Hopefully everything would go back to normal, Zandell being hers and Alice being her best friend again.

When Alice asked if she was ok Sarah shook her head no. "Not really, but you know how my grandparents are." said Sarah softly. "To make a long story short, my grandparents wanted custody over me since my parents died last summer so they got it after me being adopted by Nesbitt's for a moth I guess they knew I was alive or something." said Sarah taking a breath before she continued onward. "So they came and took me away and I was there for a week before the Nesbitt's proved that they treated me badly, having the adoption and custody agency looking at me they seen bruises on me and gave full custody to the Nesbitt's." Said Sarah softly. "The only person who knew this was the Nesbitt's and you of course." Said Sarah softly before wincing in pain. She knew she should go to the hospital wing but she hated it there.

Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:12 pm

"I understand. I really feel ashamed that I did it in the first place. If I could turn back time..." said Alice shaking her head with a sigh. She didn't want this misunderstanding to get in the middle of their friendship. Of course things will be awkward for a while, but it's nothing they couldn't work out. If only they talked to each other perhaps things could get better with time. Perhaps even to the way they were in the beginning, before this whole mess started. "He doesn't like me Sarah. Not as anything more but a friend. Trust me, I know now. And it's because he likes you instead. I really hope you could give us both a second chance"

Her words of forgiveness made Alice breathe deeper. She knew this was just the start, and she would have to work a lot harder to earn Sarah's trust back. But she was ready to do everything that was needed. Starting with baby steps seemed like the best idea at the time. Even just talking to her was a big step to take.

Alice kept biting her lip as she listened to Sarah's words. She didn't like this story at all. Being aware of how much pain her friend had to go through by losing her parents, having to go through an abusive grandparents seemed just unfair and too much to handle for anyone. Looking at her bruises, it was obvious they still haven't healed properly. "Here, take this. This one is for the pain and the other one is for the bruises." she said pulling out two small potion bottles out of her pocket. Since her duel with Andrei and her new internship, she made it a habit to always carry them around. "But if they don't get better in a few days you really ought to see the nurse" she warned, even though she knew Sarah's disdain of the hospital wing. "I have missed you" she said finally, with a soft tone of voice.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:08 am

Sarah took the bottles and smiled. "Thankyou Alice."said Sarah softly before hugging her around the neck. Sarah was glad things were some what back to normal, now all she had to do was talk to Zandell. "I'm sorry assumed that you and Zandell were dating, I should of asked before flipping off the handle." said.Sarah softly. "I missed you to, it wasn't the same without you and Zandell."said Sarah honestly. It was true, Alice and Zandell were what made her happy.

"Come on, lets look at the stars and talk about boys and stuff." said Sarah smirking at her and winking at her. It was like old times again, when they came up here to talk about boys and stuff. "Ok who do you like?" Sarah asked her softly wanting to.know so she could help her. "You already know who I like and love." said Sarah softly. To bad they were in the same.houses, but they were making it work.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:17 am

"To be honest I would have probably done the same, or even worse. So by my standards, you have handled it pretty well" she said with a chuckle. Alice was more than eager to put all of this in her past. With the whole misunderstanding out of the way, Alice and Sarah could be friends once again. With time, Alice was sure she could even be friends with Zandel without making it awkward for everyone else. Besides, the whole thing seemed to have happened a long time ago, life moves one and so should they.

Alice couldn't help but giggle at the question. Just before she was about to answer no one and name popped out in her head. Her cheeks turned red and she smiled slightly thinking about it. Could it really be that she was already crushing on him? "You will think I'm crazy...." she said shaking her head. He wasn't exactly the best choice for someone like Alice. And she was sure almost everyone would disapprove of her silly crush. Heck, she was pretty sure he would laugh at the idea of liking Alice. But because it was Sarah next to her, she had to be honest and tell the truth.

Biting her lip, she waited a few moments until she gathered the courage to tell her. "I know this will sound very strange but.... I think I like a Dolohov" said Alice softly staring at the night sky.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:33 am

Sarah looked at her and shrugged. "Hey that's no big deal, so he's a Slytherin so what?" Sarah asked her softly. "Is there any signs that he likes you back?" Sarah asked her curiously. "when did you start liking him if I may ask." said Sarah staring at the night sky that was before them. Everyone thought a Hufflepuff dating a Slytherin was wrong, but Sarah seen nothing wrong with it. If a Slytherin could date a Gryffindor why couldn't a Slytherin and Hufflepuff date?

Sarah thought all this house rivalry and Hufflepuff bring the lowest of the low was a bunch of crap. Sarah was glad to have a best friend and boyfriend in Hufflepuff at lease she knew they were always loyal and obedient to her. Sarah wouldn't trade Zandell or Alice for anything, although alot of people told her to dish Lonngbottom cause she was weird Sarah never did, Alice was always there when she.needed her. Besides people, blood or houses didn't matter to Sarah it ws who they appear to her to be.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top