CARROW, Annabelle Ruby - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

CARROW, Annabelle Ruby - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

CARROW, Annabelle Ruby

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CARROW, Annabelle Ruby - Page 2 Empty Re: CARROW, Annabelle Ruby

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:43 am

yup. the backstory works and so does the name.

as I said, i'll make an exception this time. she seems a bit more like a Gryffindor to me right now, but she also has some slytherin traits. I'd like to see you perhaps polish a tad in order to sort of toss her one way or the other a bit more. Even if its just ideas you want to work her into. Both houses are strong, passionate houses. Both value tradition. One house involves a tradition of service and self sacrifice and the other involves preserving a legacy beyond all else. She does have that element of passion, but she doesn't seem to know what she's passionate about. I'd like to see her have some idea about that.

Take another look at that, would you?

I don't see ravenclaw and not so much hufflepuff.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22646
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:00 am

I was thinking as she develops sh would show more of the self preservation traits, she would easily be defensive (oo I need to add that in) and so when she discovers her family history at first she will try deny it and say how she has no involvement but then begin to live up to it.
Then again when she does discover the Carrow past I see her going a bit more troublesome too and not off the rails but as though she I heading that way?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Yewbeam Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Forgot to mention!
Right now she isn't defensive she is more laid back, chill, I would say right now she is more of the Gryffindor. She's adventurous, explorative and she would stand up for friends and such like, although when she finds out about her history it will change her to become more defensive and eventually lead her into a more self preservation, as though she is fighting to keep herself Alive and not like the carrows but in the end that drives her TO be like the Carrows if that makes sense?
So she is kind of more Gryffindor now but becomes more Slytherin, although if she never found out about her history then she would remain the Gryffindor type? So inside she is a Gryffindor, but a Gryffindor that gets 'ruined' so to speak.
Henry Yewbeam
Henry Yewbeam
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 114
Special Abilities : Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Yewbeam Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Then again, perhaps she is actually more of a Slytherin inside and it's the history that drives that deep, prominant, part out of her.
She Isnt really noble, she's determined. Tbh, i would say she is more suited to Slytherin.
Henry Yewbeam
Henry Yewbeam
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 114
Special Abilities : Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:05 pm

When I look at a character, I try to keep in mind that the premise that Rowlings created was that the sorting hat looked deep into the true nature of a person before sorting anyone.

With that in mind, I just don't see you developing her to be a Gryffindor. While her app could go either way, I think, in the end, you're right. Underneath it all, she's a Slytherin. Perhaps a downright noble one, but a Slytherin nonetheless.

So, that's where I'm going to put her.

accepted and sorted to slytherin.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22646
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top