New Character!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Character! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Character!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Character! Empty New Character!

Post by Mary Mist Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:02 am

So this is Matthew Stone! He's daring, bold and has an interest in women. He is a dragon keeper at his own hidden reserve where he extracts dragon components and then sells them on the black Market, occasionally doing the odd dragon deal etc. He was once thrown in Azkaban about ten years ago, just for a month, because he was caught dealing illegal dragon substances. Ever since he has had a certain disregard for ministry regulations and isn't going to sign the marriage law. Matthew isn't technically on the run but he is kind of an outlaw.
Not all the ministry are aware of his illegal activities but I think a few would know about it an not say anything.

Anybody have any relationship ideas that Matthew could have with people? He is pretty much neutral and will talk to anyone, have any client whether it be death eater or order member.
Or does anyone have a thread idea we could do?

PS: If you need anything dragon related Matthew's you're guy ;-)

For more details you can check out his profile in accepted characters
Mary Mist
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

New Character! Empty Re: New Character!

Post by Avery Bishop Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:01 am

DRAGONS?! He and Avery should be pals. Or enemies if you prefer.

Or, when I make Bentley they could know each other. Not close friends I don't think. Ben is a business man who probably wouldn't trust Matt.

I'm not sure he'd know any of my other folks, except maybe Audriana considering they're both sort of secretive about their jobs, and might have dealt with each other in the past.
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Post by Anastasia Nott Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Ooh defiantly friends or enemies!
He isn't really a fan of the Ministry so if he knew that she was a dragon keeper for the Ministry he would immediately be a bit wary of her. Perhaps maybe a love hate relationship?
For Ben, we could just put them in a thread and see what happens I guess once you've made him?
Yeah I think he would know who Audriana is, perhaps like you said they've done deals in the past or one has approached the other at some point like Aud may have come to ask him if he has seen or heard or such a person.

Also, Matthew isn't going to fill out the marriage law thing and so is going to disobey and could lead to him being a fugitive who knows? We could do a thread where she comes to his house because he has been ignoring ministry letters and not attended appointments and what not?
Anastasia Nott
Anastasia Nott
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Bishop Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Who would visit? Aud, since she knew he'd be in trouble? Or Ana since she's miss "I made this, rawr"?

I feel like Avery could do with a frenemy - like, if one of them brings up something about Dragons they could just chat for hours. But then if one makes a wrong move they get ticked.

Yeah, Ben is close to being done but I have finals on Saturday so I'm trying not to work on him xD
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:55 am

First off good luck with your finals!
And maybe Ana comes with some sort of entourage of aurors or something knowing he has been in Azkaban before and then he blank out refuses to sign it or fill out the first form?
Then the aurors attack and there is a duel where his house gets wrecked but he manages to apparate away. Or perhaps Aud could come to warn him THEN Ana knocks on his door and Aud could do whatever you want her to do, Matthew would suggest she leave through the back door and apparate away or something most likely.

I agree with the frenemy thing!

Do you want to wait till after finals to start a thread?
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Number of posts : 181
Special Abilities : Apparation | Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Bishop Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:03 am

Thanks! Yeah, we probably should wait until after.

I'd say Aud could show up once she realizes they're going after folks who didn't comply. If it's before Audriana's wedding she would try and sneak him out because she wouldn't have met Gavin (the good influence XD)

Yeah, we should start after.
Question, though. Cupid is a 5th year - would he know Dex or Tris or Nessa? They're in that year, and Dex and Nessa are in his house.
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:18 am

Yeah I like the sound of that, although Matthew wouldn't go into hiding he'd be all like well I'll see them when they come after me Razz

Oh yeah he'd be sharing a dormitory with Dex! Perhaps they are good friends? Maybe we should have a thread in the dormitory, just like a random normal studenty thread at some point? It could just be short and snappy?
Btw are Nessa and Dex friends?

And he might know Tris because she is in the same dorm as Katie Knight so he would certainly have heard of her from Katie? Plus his sister is in the year above Tris in Ravenclaw?
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Bishop Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:29 am

What's his relationship with Katie, again? Tris and Dex are super not friends. Nessa and Dex are on the Quidditch team together, but I don't think Nessa knows Trisha. Studenty things work.
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:34 am

They are just really good friends and Katie is friends with Becca too.
Cupid isn't into Quidditch that much, he'll support the house but he doesn't really support a team purely because he isn't a good flier and has a bit of a fear of flying.

Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:17 am

Well finals are over and I'm getting ready to head home. So I'm up for anything you've got! Any and all characters!
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum