What's Your Star Sign?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

What's Your Star Sign? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

What's Your Star Sign?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's Your Star Sign? Empty What's Your Star Sign?

Post by Rosanna Parker Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:14 pm

Francesca had managed to board the Hogwarts Express five or so minutes before the train had set off, meaning that she was already sat comfortably in a compartment with Witch Weekly stretched open across her lap. She'd bought a copy from a newsstand on Platform 9 3/4, eager to catch up with what had been going on in the Wizarding World before her return to Hogwarts. Not that Witch Weekly would inform Francesca of the Buckley Inn break in but it allowed her to feel connected - even if it was full of trivial segments such as an actresses' new beauty regime and horoscopes. 

It was the latter that Francesca had turned to first. Before going to Hogwarts she wanted some advice on how to take the upcoming year. Using her finger the Hufflepuff began to read her horoscope:

Do not let any false modesty rob you of the right to be proud of what you've accomplished! Go on -- demand (nicely) the praise you know that you are due, no one is going to fault you for it. 

This seemed to be the most un-Francescaly thing to possibly do. Sure she was pleased her achievements and accomplishments but the Hufflepuff wasn't exactly one to shout it from the rooftops for she honestly didn't care that much. Sure she'd got an outstanding in her herbology - her favourite subject - but that wasn't what defined her. Having other people know that wouldn't improve her day, and it wouldn't really affect their days. It was just a trivial fact really.

Take a bow and bask in the knowledge that while you were a part of a team effort, this goal could not have been met without you. You were the key ingredient. Being in touch with your importance is relevant to your entire day -- you have key roles in the lives of many people.

The next part to her horoscope left Francesca with mixed feelings. The basking in the knowledge of her being a key ingredient to a team effort didn't fit right with Francesca. She was never the leader, never the person they had desperatly needed. Maybe that would change today but, even if it did, "there's no i in team" as her Mother had taught her. Although, the compliment that she held a key role in the lives of others was wonderful to hear, even if Francesca didn't see it herself. That was the thing with Francesca she was blind sighted by modesty and realising her own worth. Today, Francesca Bloom, wasn't feeling like a... Leo? That's because Fran wasn't a Leo at all, she was a virgo and had read the wrong horoscope. 
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Number of posts : 181
Special Abilities : Apparation | Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

What's Your Star Sign? Empty Re: What's Your Star Sign?

Post by Athena Abercrombie Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:57 pm

Athena was always early when it came to boarding the Hogwarts Express, but today she was running late, very late indeed much to her dismay. Looking at the clock she seen that it read 10:30 she didn't have much time to get to the platform before the train left. She couldn't believe that she slept through her alarm, maybe she shouldn't had stayed up late last night reading her books. Reaching the platform, she ran through it as she quickly packed her trunk and Polaris in the luggage compartment as she quickly boarded the train. Usually she was already on the train with her brother, but not today, now she was going to be like the people ahead of her trying to find a empty compartment.

As she set on board of the Hogwarts Express, she walked down the long corridor trying to find a empty compartment, but she didn't see any. Maybe the middle of the train would have some, but who was she kidding, the middle was the most popular place to sit on the train. Although Athena didn't stop looking, there had to be a place somewhere on the train! As Athena peered into one, she seen that a girl was in there sitting alone. " Um...hi...you don't mind if I join you do you? Everywhere is full. " said Athena shyly.

Athena was determined to make some friends this year and get out of her shyness stage, she just hoped that this year would be the year, she been telling herself for years that she would and it hasn't happened. Athena noticed that she was reading witch weekly, a magazine as Athena called it that her mother reads all the time. It was like a fashion wizard magazine Athena suppose, she never read it, but she seen it. " Anything interesting in there? "Athena asked her softly but curiously looking at the cover.

'Five quick and easy spells for every girl needs! ' Athena read to herself. 'Let me guess hair styling spell, glamor spell, and some other spells with clothes and stuff? 'Athena thought to herself. Athena didn't read fashion magazines or anything, in her opinion they were quite silly, she couldn't believe that some girls follow that stuff. Athena seen that she was reading Horoscopes and must be reading her own, she was curious about what her said.

" Just out of curiosity, what does it say about a Scorpio?" Athena asked her softly but curiously. " Hopefully no more bad luck, I had enough of that this morning, I'm usually never this late! "said Athena. " Oh so rude of me, I'm Athena, Athena Abercrombie fourth year Gryffindor. " said Athena shyly.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:19 pm

Witch Weekly wrote:Virgo: Your emotions are a strong asset, and you haven't been using them as much as you should be. Are you afraid that if you lead with your feelings that you won't be taken as seriously as you would be if you led with the facts? Not so. 

Now this matched Francesca much better than the Leo horoscope that she'd read by mistake. The Hufflepuff never shied away from expressing her feelings, she didn't exactly march around shouting them out at the top of her voice but she didn't keep them hidden. In spite of that, the idea that her feelings wouldn't be taken as seriously as facts did seem to tug at her heartstrings a little. There had been times when Francesca and her friends had been in a tight situation and the Hufflepuff felt that whatever she had to say was unimportant, that her emotions and thoughts would be a hindrance because she didn't have the mind of a Ravenclaw. Well,  her horoscope was telling her to break free from that feeling, to value her feelings for what they are - Witch Weekly had even given her a tip: 

Witch Weekly wrote:Today, integrate how you feel into more conversations and debate situations. It will help other people understand how you think, and it will also help someone new feel a lot closer to you. Your emotions are what truly make you who you are.

'Um...hi...you don't mind if I join you do you? Everywhere is full. " Came a quite voice who, upon looking up from her horoscope, Francesca recognised to be Athena Abercrombie. The two girls weren't exactly best friends but they were both members of Potters Army and so had shared company on numerous occasions as part of a larger crowd at meetings. 

'I was just reading my horoscope.' She added in response to the Gryffindors initial question, which gave Francesca an idea. Her horoscope had told her to express her feelings more around new people as it'd allow her to get to know them. Well, Athena seemed the ideal subject for her to try this friendly tip. 

'It's making me feel really relaxed.'  

Okay that sounded odd. Perhaps not as a direct as that. Francesca thought to herself. 

'It's nice to meet you Athena.' Francesca smiled, redirecting the conversation back to Athena, whose name it appeared she had gotten correct. 'I'm Francesca Bloom, sixth year Hufflepuff, but you can just call me Fran.' She added with a playful smile.

'Scoprio you say?' Francesca said before reading Athena's horoscope aloud:

Witch Weekly wrote:'You're usually the one who is pushing for things to go farther faster, but right now speed is not a high priority for you. Things are going well, so why rush through the good times to get to the finish line? That's your attitude, and it's an attitude you should spread around to other, more fidgety folks. Deep conversations about patience and hope will help your friends see the long-term benefit of short-term actions. Do what you can to help other people be patient -- and enjoy themselves!'

'Well, I can't really make anything from that. Probably because I'm not a Scorpio.' The Hufflepuff concluded with a puzzled expression.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Abercrombie Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Athena knew Frencesca from the Potter's Army meetings, but as for knowing her more than that, she didn't know her all that well. Athena wanted to make more friends this year, she already made a friend when she was at Flourish and Blotts, she considered Bertie to be her friend. Who knew, maybe she'll have a best friend by the end of this year, who knew what this year held. After all this year just started, so it was to early to tell what this year had in store for her, all she knew that she was going to hate it due to it being OWL preparing year.

" Anything good that your horoscope said about you? "Athena asked her softly but curiously. Athena didn't believe in some of the stuff that was written, but some of it was the truth, but it was mostly lies. Athena's parents read the Prophet and all that, but as for Athena knowing what was really going on, she didn't have a clue. After all, what fourteen year old girl would know what's all going on in the wizarding world? She didn't that was for sure, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to know anyways, she was happy not knowing everything.

Athena listened to her read her horoscope, she absolutely had no idea what it meant though, she was confused as Francesa was. "I have no idea what that means, I know that I like to do things in a timely manner, so maybe I should just slow down and help the people around me? "Athena asked her shrugging. Athena didn't know what it meant, she was still confused by it and it puzzled her. Although she shrugged it off, maybe she'll find out what it means once she gets to Hogwarts, who knew but obviously she didn't.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Francesca nodded in response to Athena's calculation as to what her horoscope mean't. It made perfect sense, not to rush, to simply live in the moment and let life carry you by as opposed to hauling life on the back of your shoulders as you power through to try and achieve things quicker than necessary. Life was beautiful. Life was for love... At least that was Francesca's perspective anyway.

'I think you're right. To just live in the moment. Maybe you're too focused on your upcoming studies and want to get the over and done with already?' The Hufflepuff suggested with a shrug as she kicked off her shoes and raised her feet up onto the seat, crossing her legs beneath. 

'Mine told me to just embrace my feelings and don't worry about how they'll make me come across.' 

Francesca paused. 

'I thought I already did that but apparently I'm not doing it enough so today I'm going to be more open about my feelings... Or at least try to be.' Francesca smiled with a slight laugh. 

'I personally feel very excited about returning to Hogwarts.' Francesca said dramatically, placing a hand to her heart in an attempt at not taking her horoscope too seriously by following it's advice to the book. 'So are you looking forward to going back to school too?'
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Abercrombie Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:14 pm

Athena thought that het calculations were good on her horoscope, she wasn't extremely smart, but she was able to figure stuff out. Athena was always rushing to get things done, maybe due to her rushing, maybe she was missing out in things. Athena realize that her horoscope was right some, maybe if she slowed down some, she'll get to know the people around her and make some more friends, it was possible.

"That would make sense, I am focused on this year, maybe because I want to do good on my OWLs next year. "said Athena honestly. " Not that I don't want to finish Hogwarts so quickly, just wish I was a Fifth year already so I don't have to worry about them anymore, I just don't want to stress myself but I am."said Athena sighing.

" Wow...that's interesting... so just be yourself and not worry about what others think? "Athena asked her. " That's a nice horoscope to go by, wish mine was as simple as that, I still not sure if I'm right on mine. " said Athena.

Athena chuckled. " Yeah expressing my feelings haven't been something that I been good at, probably why I'm so shy. " said Athena.

" I'm excited about returning as well, I can't wait to learn more advance spells, they say the fourth year is when you get more into the heavy advance stuff. " said Athena. " Although I know it's OWL preparing year, so I'm not really looking forward to that, but it'll be fun! "said Athena.
Athena Abercrombie
Athena Abercrombie
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenna Boot-Corner Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:32 am

Jenna enjoyed the title of prefect far more than the responsibility. She didn't like the way people assumed she was just itching to dob them into the teachers and at times like this, when she literally couldn't do anything about troublemakers, her "responsiblities" were hell.

If she wanted to stay a prefect (and she did - it looked good on a resume) she needed to at least make a show of fulfilling her duties. That included patrolling the train.

She poked her head into the next compartment and found a couple of girls gossiping over Witch Weekly. It was a magazine Jenna would never admit to reading herself. Luckily, her dad was addicted to it so her secret was safe. For now.

"Everything okay in here?" she enquired.
Jenna Boot-Corner
Jenna Boot-Corner
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top