Claims Section Update and Hoovering
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Claims Section Update and Hoovering Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Claims Section Update and Hoovering

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Claims Section Update and Hoovering Empty Claims Section Update and Hoovering

Post by Elijah Krum Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:57 pm

Hello my lovelies!

As some of you clever lot may have already spotted -- the claims section has undergone a bit of refurbishment! It looks quite a bit different but hopefully it will be easier to use than its prior incarnation was. It's been hoovered completely by Khaat (so a big thank you to her) and I've tweaked it - so hopefully it'll be even better for you guys!

When going into the claims section, the first thing you may notice is that it is now only two subforums rather than three. I've whittled them down, now, to General Claims and Employment Claims. They're basically what they say on the tin. General claims are the things you need to go through when your character has first been accepted onto the board and then Employment Claims are for the jobs! Very straight forward, hopefully.

When you first go into the General Claims section, though, it may look a bit scary. It's just one long swathe of threads, I know. But it's alright. Think of it as a checklist. This is going to be the first port of call for you and your shiny new character so just look at it like it's a list of things you need to make sure are done before you can start your threads.

If you treat it more like that, it's easier to work with. Think to yourself, "oh, have I registered my character as a werewolf yet? Oh, no, I haven't! But I need to make sure I sort out my Face Claim, character list and any abilities I want John Doe to have first."

If you go into it thinking along those lines, hopefully we'll have no problems. Also, in time, I expect we'll get used to the order because unless it turns out that I'm rubbish at using the site mechanisms (not unlikely, guys) then the order the threads appear in should stay the same. Face Claim first, followed by Who's Who, and we go on like that.

Then, when you go into the Employment Claims, you'll see there are only five threads. All of the Ministry departments that were previously split up have been squashed into one so that it's all in one place. Quidditch positions have also gone into the Hogwarts thread so if you want to play for your house team, check in there. Hopefully this will be much easier to read as a forum and use as a member. You'll know that if you want the Department of Mysteries, it'll be in the Ministry thread. It won't be somewhere else.

Now, there's one thing I wanted to ask of you all. If you have a spare five minutes, could you be dears and look through the claims sheets and see if everything's up to date for your characters? If it's not then just post in the normal fashion and I'll hop to it and sort you all out! If you could do that for me, that'd be great.

If anyone has any problems or queries, don't hesitate to either post here or shoot me a PM and I'll be available to help you out with anything and everything!

Thanks everyone!

- Eli

Last edited by Elijah Krum on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Claims Section Update and Hoovering Empty Re: Claims Section Update and Hoovering

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:15 pm

IT'S SO MUCH EASIER NOW. I love you Eli <3
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Claims Section Update and Hoovering Empty Re: Claims Section Update and Hoovering

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:22 pm

Oh, and one more little bit. In case you're looking on the boards for an old thread and can't find it? I did some hoovering on the boards and vacuumed up a bunch of old threads that hadn't been used in months and moved them to the pensieve.

So, if you've just gotta have a thread back that you haven't touched in six months or so, you'll need to speak up to one of us about it. Hopefully you'll still remember the name of said thread? Pretty please?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22551
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top