Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:36 pm

Hey, Guys!

I know some of you have been having an issue w/ log in problems, and you're getting an ad covering the log in box.

So, here's what I think I know.

First, most of you are getting this with the mobile version, yes? Anybody getting this on their laptops?

And--yes, i've been speaking with Forumotion on this, and we're not the only Forumotion site with this issue. So, yes, they know, and yes, they will be addressing it.

And--yes, we have recently upgraded PA to be ad free for members. In other words, adblocker or not, once you log in, your board should then be ad free.

Hope it helps!

But, if you find that you have that weird log in thing going on, give me a shout. I need to know what sort of device you're using---iphone, android, laptop, tablet, yada, yada.....What operating system you're using--Apple, Windows, etc. And what your browser is--Firefox, Chrome, etc. That will help Forumotion to narrow down where the glitch is.

Thanks so much, All. The quicker we know about weirdness like this, the quicker we can get it fixed!!

*Hugs*

K.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22561
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlisle James Wood Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:30 pm

I've been having it happen on my mac, but I bypass it by just typing my username in and then tabbing to password.
Carlisle James Wood
Carlisle James Wood
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:42 pm

ok. thanks!
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:45 pm

If this happens on anyone's phone, it'll most likely be when they're on the desktop version but on their phones. At least, that's what it is for me.

But you can bypass it with the mobile version. You can log in with it on the mobile version and then put it into the desktop version. So far, it's worked every time for me, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:32 pm

Thanks for the hint, Hit! Smile
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Hey, All! Got word from Forumotion this morning that they think they found the problem today with those ads that were covering the login and they think they've fixed it. We were certainly not the only site having trouble, but they think they solved the issue.

So, if any of you are still having issues with ads covering the login, please pm me straight away so I can get back with Forumotion!

As I said before, we have upgraded PA to be ad free for members once you're logged in, but if you're having trouble still, let me know.

K.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top