Charms - Lesson 1: Third, Fourth + Fifth Years
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Charms - Lesson 1: Third, Fourth + Fifth Years Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Charms - Lesson 1: Third, Fourth + Fifth Years

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charms - Lesson 1: Third, Fourth + Fifth Years Empty Charms - Lesson 1: Third, Fourth + Fifth Years

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:36 am

After the lesson with the First and Second years, Kaiden had been left scrambling to find his things for the next lesson. The students had filed out, chatting about the class and what they had next which to an extent make Kaiden nervous because he wanted to know how they felt about his class and him in general. He was a new Professor after all, and any kind of feedback from anyone was useful in his situation.

This next lesson, he knew, would probably be boring for the students solely because it was just a matter of revisiting something they had already learned, but he wasn't going to just throw something they didn't know at them without first getting them back into a learning mood, if there even was such a thing. He found it hard to believe that anyone could ever actually be in a learning mood, no matter how excited they could be for a class or anything of the sort. Still he knew that some of the things he wanted to go over with them would be new to the younger students but he couldn't help that.

He'd stopped for a moment to look at the board where notes on the levitating charm still were and he waved his wand at it to erase what he'd written before replacing the words with new ones for the next lesson.

Before he knew it, the students were filing into the classroom once again and he straightened his posture, clearing his throat as well, before beginning."My name is Kaiden Poliakoff. You may call me what you wish, as long as it is appropriate." he told them. "Today will be a day of revision for the Fourth and Fifth Years, though not for Third Years, and I am expecting that the older students be willing to help the younger ones. We will be going over three charms today that some of you should have already at least learned about. By the end of class, I hope to practice at least one of them." he stated, looking over the entire class.

"The Cheering Charm, Wand-light Charm, and Disarming Charm." He listed them off, pointing to each on the board. "I'll start you off with a question. Can anyone tell me the incantations of any of these?"

[OOC: Students in this class are not new to Charms class, but the information they're getting is almost entirely new to them unless they have spent time outside of class perviously. They can and SHOULD fail, particularly those who aren't great at Charms. OWLs are coming up, though, so they may want to try harder. Keep that in mind as this thread goes on, and know that it's meant to last most of this term, so have the students interact as much as you can!]
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 418

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum