New Grad Character! Looking for Baddy + More!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Grad Character! Looking for Baddy + More! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Grad Character! Looking for Baddy + More!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Grad Character! Looking for Baddy + More! Empty New Grad Character! Looking for Baddy + More!

Post by Ilya Ivanriel Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:22 am

Hello! Ilya here is my first character here on Potter's Army & I am looking for a few roleplay partners & character relationships / subplots if anyone is interested! Ilya is a Russian-American graduate who is ruled by empathy (he has a gift/curse for absorbing the emotions of those around him, & as a result is very compassionate & emotion-fueled), he is very analytical in the sense that he reads body language, etc in others & is more often the outsider looking in from the sidelines curiosity than the participant / part of the crowd. He is sensitive & sarcastic; impersonal yet the most loving person ever in regards those who care enough to get close to him / past his wall. He is a shy, modest introvert with a knack for understanding the thoughts, actions & emotions of others. I am hoping to find him a love interest who is also a negative influence / baddy; my number one plan for Ilya is to have him start investigating a baddy-type character but get so in his head in the sense of empathizing with him in an attempt to better understand him so that Ilya can catch him - only to start to sympathize with him & see his crimes as righteous / just. My hope is to have this influence slowly - over a well developed slow build - to sway him to see things through the baddy's eyes & join him in his wrongdoings like regular "murder husbands" <3

Outside of the beforementioned love interest & negative influence I would love to establish some friendly yet teasing friendships with some of Ilya's fellow aurors - as well as some aurors / graduates / or otherwise who absolutely think he's a freak and hate everything he's about / someone who sees that Ilya is morally corrupt in that he justifies criminals / killers and try to get him to see that he is a bad guy in his own ways. Lastly, students & fellow professors! Ilya took up a position at Hogwarts while he was suspended from the Ministry pending a self-defense / murder investigation of a criminal & I want to develop lots of subplots with the students & teachers he works with! Smile I hope to have Ilya meet a few students who feel safe around him / could come to him as a sort of mentor to help with emotional distress & such & Ilya could feel like their protector & counselor in a way. Teachers of any kind of naturally occurring relationship are welcome to!

Pretty much any of the above-mentioned relationships are so so welcome! I want nothing more than to get to write with new people Smile Please let me know if you have any ideas or are interested in any of these / have any better suggestions! Thank you!
Ilya Ivanriel
Ilya Ivanriel

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

New Grad Character! Looking for Baddy + More! Empty Re: New Grad Character! Looking for Baddy + More!

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:06 am

I have like everything for you tbh.

So you wanted Teddy. Well, he's a professor and a bit of an outsider too. He used to be more vibrant and excitable, but everything went wrong with Ginny Potter died and Teddy couldn't keep the pieces together. He's a man destroyed, honestly. He's on the up, now, but he hasn't really addressed the real issues, so Ilya could prove super helpful on that front.

If you need a bad influence, Elsie Norton might be a good one. I know we have a lot more directly evil ladies on the site, so you may want to look into one of them, but Elsie was on her way to becoming a murderess when suddenly... she went away on vacation and came back empty, happy, and in love. She had her memories of Death Eaters modified but the second she recovers them, she'll be on the war path.

And since I mentioned my character Finn in your other post, I could probably offer her as someone needing guidance. You'll have to read her app to get a feel for her. Really tragic backstory, that she doesn't grasp fully. She's a vampire, and hates it, and very sensitive.

You can check out all my characters here, I'm sorry there's so many, but they all have their apps linked there for further reading, as well as most of their stats.

Welcome to the boards! I'm super excited to write with you.
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 265

Back to top Go down

New Grad Character! Looking for Baddy + More! Empty Re: New Grad Character! Looking for Baddy + More!

Post by Ilya Ivanriel Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:35 am

I just took a look at your character list (you are like, a character masterlist goddess btws lol *bows*) & I came up with a couple of thoughts - in addition to affirming the relationships you mentioned above with Teddy Finn & Elise.

Teddy Lupin: I think Teddy's struggle would be a great source of plottage between he & Ilya; Ilya would genuinely want to be of some help via means of understanding & companionship - but would also take on a lot of Teddy's inner turmoil as a result so that could be a pretty cool dynamic. Were you thinking of something pre-established or starting with IC introductions? Other than that, I am completely in to the idea!

Elise: I adore the fact that she is American. I think she & Ilya could bond over that - & that she could introduce him to the idea of sympathizing with baddies; her having come back a "changed woman" so to speak would really confuse Ilya in regards to morality; "are baddies really all that bad? or are they human just like the rest of us aaaand ope shit I've started thinking about giving in to my darkside" lol & that could serve as a gateway to Ilya meeting his Hannibal. I am not sure whether Elise would see Ilya as a friend or whatnot, & vica versa, so I could use your input on this one! We don't necessarily have to pre-determine their relationship either; we could totally just see how they interact if you're not sure where they would fall in terms of friends / frenemies / competitors, etc. Let me know what you think Smile

Finn Grimm: OMG Ilya would TOTALLY feel for her, being estranged from his family & his father; he spent a TON of his teenage years staying over on Holidays at Ivormony so I could see him feeling a sort of paternal instinct towards her - maybe even a desire to take her under his wing? How would she feel about that? Would him thinking of himself as a father figure to her / mentor irk her? I think this possible dynamic would work best if we started with an IC introduction during a class or something like that? Like, maybe he picks up on something in her using his empathy & asks her to stay after class? Just brainstorming so let me know your thoughts!

Claire Bishop: Maybe something there in regards to her being Head of Magical Law Inforcement? They could be friendly rivals, actual friends, or - Ilya here was actually suspended on pending murder charges when he killed a Wizard Criminal that attacked him in what he swears was an act of self-defense - but in fact, according to extensive evidence, looked, quaked, & acted like a duck (murder), & turns out he may have just convinced himself of "self-defense", & in reality, just butchered a criminal when he got too deep in the head of a killer the aurors were pursuing. He got off scot free & they accepted Ilya back in to the ministry - but a LOT of people still see him as a murderer & think that he is completely breaking down due to his many public outbursts & are PISSED about him getting away with it / walking among them. I am not sure how you feel she would react to this, but possible plottage?

Sloane Ahmadi-Berkowitz: Ex classmates plottage?

Overall, we dont have to RP all of these since that is a lot to ask of you - but you can definitely choose which of any / all you would most like to RP with me! Thank you so much for welcoming me & offering to start up my first PA plots with me! Smile I greatly appreciate it.
Ilya Ivanriel
Ilya Ivanriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:52 am

You're too kind. I've just been here forever so I've had a long time to pick up strays.

Also, I'm on S1E5 of Hannibal again thanks to you.

I think TeddyxIlya is a go. If Ilya has been teaching all year, then I think we could have a preexisting relationship, a friendly acquaintanceship between coworkers. I imagine they feel like kindred spirits to each other so they probably took a liking to each other.

I'm not sure Elsie would exactly inspire sympathy towards Death Eaters. Even though her hatred for them has been geared back by the memory-wipe. she's still anti-DE. However, they have the fun similarities of her being an American that attended a Russian school, and he's a Russian who attended an American school. If anything, I see him picking up on a repressed, but strong hatred for DEs from her that he might convince her to explore.

FinnxIlya sounds good too! I'm not sure exactly how she'd react, it depends on her level of vulnerability that day, I think. I tend to think she'd appreciate feeling protected, but be confused because she feels like she shouldn't need that. Asking her to stay after class would be perfect!

I'm actually not sure how Claire would view it too. She'd most likely see it as sort of a stain on the department, so even if she does believe him, she probably would be hesitant to associate with him too much. And yet, she probably still stands up for him when she hears those rumors. FUN FACT THOUGH: Claire took the job as a means to spy of the British government. She really hasn't done much of that as late and is starting to view London as home, but he might pick up on that? On something being off?

SloanexIlya- yes please! She'd probably ask him if she could use his contacts at the Ministry to help her, which would probably prove awkward, since I'm sure the last she heard was that he was working as an Auror.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilya Ivanriel Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:22 am

Woot woot! That ship has destroyed me like fr I just finished it & I'm still reeling.

I completely agree! A TeddyxIlya thread is a go. Would you like me to start this one or would you like to?

I see - yeah, we can definitely explore ElisexIlya and I really am curious to see how Ilya responds to that hatred towards the DEs and what Elise is going through. Totally game.They can be buds & reminisce about Russia <3

I ADORE the Finn/Ilya Abigale/Will dynamic. i totally all over this idea. I can start a class as soon as he gets accepted for the job & we can set this in motion Smile

I would LOVE love love to see Ilya get all intimated when he maybe picks up on Claire's ulterior motive? That sounds awesome. And I love the idea of him overhearing Claire defending him tho <3 omg he would just ADORE her. We should do this one soon Smile

SloanexIlya would totally work. The more people Ilya meats within/around the Ministry IC the better and as a bonus you're great too <3

Ilya Ivanriel
Ilya Ivanriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina Aldon Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:32 am

Okay I will just write you some basic informations about some of my characters so you can see if anyone fits in anything you want?
Just to know, like 90% of my characters are kinda evil sooo.. (I don't know why lol)

Starting with his nationality, I will immediately offer Aneta and Corrine

Aneta is 27 years old Russian who moved to Switzerland and become the leader of Swiss DE, but then she made some really bad decisions so she came to London to start over
I don't know what to say about her because you mostly need to meet her to figure out her personality
She is everything bad in this world, at least in my head.
Aneta doesn't have a sense for good or evil, actually, she probably doesn't care enough to learn. Family means nothing to her, and she mostly doesn't believe in love even if she is now in relationship but it's more about just to have someone so she isn't alone
When comes to other people, she likes those who are like her, ambitious (but not too much because she wants to always be dominant), DE members with same views like she etc. Oh, and she is Head of the Auror Office

Corrine on the other side is Ilvermorny graduated, DE but she's trying to find a balance between good and evil.
She is actually a really good person who joined DE to save her brother and then.. she just stayed there.
I'm not actually sure what is going on with her at the moment, but if you want Americans, she is always here Smile

And for now, I'll mention Beatris. She is 20 years old, daughter of famous Fenrir Greyback, member of his pack (yeah, she really begged him to turn her into a werewolf), completly loyal Death Eather and Auror
Irina Aldon
Irina Aldon
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:57 pm

I feel like we're in agreement on all of them, which is great. We should probably start off with 2 or I'll lose all of them and feel so bad. IlyaxTeddy and IlyaxFinn? The way classes work here is that the professors post a class at the beginning of semester and students can play in it, so it might be better to just have a separate thread set at the end of class where Ilya asks Finn to stick around for a second.

I can start one if you'd like, whichever one you'd prefer. Smile
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilya Ivanriel Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:14 am

Nadia <3
Nice to meet you! Thank you so much for offering to write with this PA noob Wink I am honoured. Plus, I gravitate towards writing baddies too so I totally feel you lol

The fact that Aneta does not have a sense of morality could prove VERY very helpful to the overall character arc I had in mind for Ilya; his moral compass is already VERY skewed but he still wrestles with "am I a bad guy?" thing and I want him, over time, to empathise / sympathise so closely with those who don't see good and bad, but rather, actions and decisions as a behavior, and as a result lose his own sense of morality completely too <3 Plus, they could initially bond over home sweet home, so to speak Smile Her being Head of the Auror Office might be a biggy as well - especially since Ilya only literally JUST got back from a suspension as an Auror after a trial to determine whether he murdered a dark wizard or it was a case of "self-defense" -  a lot of his colleagues feel that he is a killer, due to his very public outbursts in the past that have made him seem unstable, and feel that he should be in prison, and in a way, taint the Ministry / Auror name. So it could be super interesting to see Aneta's opinion on the matter - maybe even be the one to push him to admit to her, purely out of curiosity, that he is lying to himself with the whole "self-defense" thing. Just some thoughts, of course! I want to hear yours as well! Let me know what you thinking Smile Would you be interested in something like this?

OMG perhaps Corrine and Ilya meet and remember one another from Ivormony? That could be interesting if they had gone to school around the same time; I imagine he is much older than her, but if she was a first year when he was still at school, this could be a possibility. And then they could bond over that and eventually he could pick up on her struggle with good/bad and we could go from there? Again, any ideas welcome! These are just my very first thoughts on each relationship Smile

I would LOVE to see how Ilya would respond to his very first werewolf Death Eater.

Would any of your DEs be at all interested in a bit of a complicated plot: Ilya just got re-accepted in to the Ministry as an Auror and he is kind of working to prove that he is no killer to the other aurors whispering that he is a murderer. Perhaps, Ilya could catch wind of Ms Beatris or Ms Corrine on the criminal ends of things - only for him to end up being very easily guilted into sympathising with them? This is just a thought. It all depends on whether you would want him to serve as a friend or a rival <3

Let me know your thoughts on all of the above! You are more than welcome to pick and choose which relationships / plots you like best and which ones to stow away for later / build a better plot on, etc. Thank you so much for offering your characters! I look forward to writing with you Smile

Jackles <3
Cool beans!  IlyaxTeddy and IlyaxFinn works for me! Thank you for explaining the classes system to me a bit better; how about I start the after-class thread & you start with Teddy if thats agreeable with you? I'm uber excited !
Ilya Ivanriel
Ilya Ivanriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiona Grimm Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:34 am

Totally works!!!
Fiona Grimm
Fiona Grimm
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:01 am

Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 265

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top