Giant squid and new beginnings - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Giant squid and new beginnings - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Giant squid and new beginnings

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Giant squid and new beginnings - Page 2 Empty Re: Giant squid and new beginnings

Post by Medusa Hunt Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:43 pm

Medusa was glad that it didn't matter to Stephen, but to others it mastered greatly, although she didn't understand why. Why did it matter what people have or had, why couldn't people see that money wasn't everything? Her parents as well as her worked for all they had, never had a gold spoon in her mouth or had everything serve to her on a sliver platter. Medusa was poor, but she never starved or was without food or a meal, her parents made sure of that. She looked at him surprised. "I guess I'm glad to have such a big place even if I don't have alot of money. "she said smiling.

She chuckled. "Well...that might be the problem right there, he's not use to sharing things."she said shrugging. She laughed. "Hey so would I, so I don't blame him at all one bit, I'll be a bit freaked out as well."she admitted honestly. "I bet after awhile he'll get use to it, just going to take him some time, I bet they'll be good friends after awhile hopefully. "she said looking at the lake. "I think it's funny how animals react at times, it's quite amusing to see, at least for me." she said watching the giant squid go back under the water. "That's what people don't understand, animals have thoughts and feelings like we do, they're not just animals. "she said hating that some people think that.

She laughed and nodded. "It was pure hell that's what it was, I hated it there and begged my dad to be homeschooled, but he wanted the best education for me."she said looking at him sighing. She smiled at his second comment. "You know I never thought about that, but you're right I did got into a kick ass school."said said. "Plus I know some kick ass magic and a witch they're just stuck up rich girls."she said. She looked st him and titled her head, he didn't look fine he looked stressed out, she couldn't help but not to frown. He loodd rather upset and down, and it wasn't just because of school, but if he wanted to tell her he would and she left it at that.

She nodded. "Yeah... they're preparing you for OWL year, which is more a pain in the ass then taking them."she said. "I'm busy studying my ass off for them, I haven't done much but that. "she said sighing. "We need to do something together, something that doesn't have to do with work or anything to do with homework or books."she said chuckling.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Giant squid and new beginnings - Page 2 Empty Re: Giant squid and new beginnings

Post by Stephen Meyers Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Stephen had to shrug a bit. "Well, my family is... well... wealthy, in a way, and we literally live in a cubicle in the middle of London" he said. "I mean, it is nice and all. There's always something going on. But sometimes it feels like a really small and isolated place." It was probably because it was the city life. There was no such thing as knowing your neighbours or even pass them in your way to the market. There were two many faces in the street and you knew any. Just as much as they didn't know yours.

"A little bit. I have no idea of why he turned out being so jealous, really. It's not like he was ever threatened or anything..." he shrugged not really having an answer. But that is was rather funny, it was. "Well, but that's the thing. They don't. I mean, they do have their feelings and thoughts but they equal ours in anyway. It's completely different. That's why it is awesome to have a pet. They sense things we don't, can't even begin to understand."

Stephen laughed a bit at that and nodded. "That is an advantage, I would say. Yes, they have pretty dresses but look at this" he said putting out his wand. "Do they have one of these?" he jerked actually motioning his arms really expressively as he talked.

"Perhaps..." Stephen nodded. "But they make it look like it is the end of the world sometimes" he commented. "Yeah, we should. Something different to get potions out off mind for once!"
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:26 am

Medusa looked at Stephen as he commented on how he lived himself,  she guess she was lucky to live in a such of a nice place even if it was passed down from generation to generations.  She nodded, even though she never been to London much,  but every time she went for school or with her family to go shopping for things for the ranch it always was packed and.  She was glad the country was quiet,  she liked the quiet and the open areas around her.  "We petty much know all our neighbors, guess in the country everyone knows everyone cause we all come together as one small town."she said shrugging.  She smiled.  "You know, I might not be wealthy or anything like that,  but I like the life I have,   I'm happy."she said still with a smile.

She shrugged.  "Who knows, like you said probably not use to having others around him." she said not really knowing what else to say.  She nodded.  "Exactly, I hate people saying that animals are just animals, not they're not some are smarter and show more emotions and feelings then most humans. "she said  looking at the lake thinking of the giant squid as she said that.  She loved animals and cared deeply for them,  probably due to working on the ranch she learned to care about them.  She didn't know what she wanted to be once she got older, but she knew she would never stop caring about animals whether they were magical or not.

Medusa laughed and shook her head.  "No but they'll probably think it's a stick and laugh until sparks come out of it or so."she said laughing.   Laughing at his arm movements she looked at him holding her stomach from laughing so hard.  "I say that's a advantage as well, they don't have one of those."she said nodding her head at his wand.

"Ugh... I know what you mean, I just hate being reminded  'your grades affect on what you're going to do in the future!'" she said rolling her eyes.  She chuckled.   "Hey as long as it doesn't have to do with books and studying I'm in,  I'm so tired of seeing a textbook it's ridiculous and I'm a Ravenclaw."she said shaking her head.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:19 am

Stephen nodded a little. It was hard to imagine that to be honest. He had always lived in a big city with too many people. It was hard to cross paths with everyone and even more so to have memory space to their faces the more their names. "That's a good thing though. You actually know someone outside your own house" he pointed out. London was awesome, yes, but then there was that.

He nodded a little at that. Willow had been with them for year and it has always been him alone with no other winged fellow to share anything with. "That is true. It's impressive how much they can be more empathetic than some people actually." No need to go too far for an example... Stephen had lived with one his entire life. But a few steps back... He couldn't even imagine how some people were so cruel and awful when it came to animals and even magical creatures.

Motioning his wand in a dry circle Stephen leaned back and extended his arm forward in a swift movement. Nothing came out as he wan't even thinking of casting a spell. "Too bad we can't use these out there though. In any other way they would be terrified and would ran away squeaking and tearing up."

Stephen chuckled. "I'm so into them that it's ridiculous I am a Gryffindor" he pointed out. "That pretty much makes us even" he shrugged.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Medusa looked at Stephen frowning, she didn't know what the city life was like, but it didn't sound as great as her country life. She lived in the country where everyone knew everyone and was always there to lend a hand, it was hard to imagine people not being that way to her. "Which I'm glad about and happy about, I like that everyone knows everyone, people are very friendly where I live. "she said shrugging. She loved her small country life and wouldn't trade it for the world it was small but simple, but she liked it like that.

She had Polaris since she was ten going on eleven, the bound she had with her was different from the bound Stephen would have with her, pets just knew their masters and loved them more. She nodded. "That's very true, I tell Polaris everything and she understands. "she said biting her lip. She didn't have Polaris as long as Stephen had Willow, but she loved her beloved snowy white furry friend.

Laughing at Stephen's wand movements she looked at his wand, she knew nothing was going to come out of it but his movements and motions were too funny to her. But just to think of doing that in front of those girls made her laugh, to hear them squeal like a pig would be too amusing to her. She frowned at his comment, oh... if she could just turn those girls a ugly toad or so she would, but unfortunately she couldn't quite yet. "Ugh... I know, it really stinks that we can't use magic until we're seventeen, I would turn those girls into a toad or so!"she said giggling.

Medusa chuckled. "Hey Gryffindors can be that way, it's just isn't us Ravenclaws."she pointed out. She nodded, she was so tired of studying and stressing over her OWLs and homework, she needed a nice long break from it.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Stephen nodded a bit at that understanding the concept. "I really don't know what that is. Well, more or less. My grandparents live in the country. Sort of... It seems to be like it when I go there but to me it's really weird. I am known around like the Jackson's kid if I am even recognised as that. I don't go there so often, you see?"

"That I do understand. If I were a supervillain from one of those books my biggest weakness would be whatever that owl has got in his memory. Willow as seen pretty much everything that I do" he commented. He used to stay in his room when he was there. He even thought they would leave him there when he wasn't, but he never really wondered that much about that.

He shrugged a bit at that. "A toad is a good idea. But rather obvious. Even Muggles know that. Hey, the witch turned the arrogant prince into a toad or the like" he said and paused seeming to be thinking about it. "Why not something else? Like... let's say... Garden gnomes?" he wondered. "Oh, no. Possibly a very bad idea since you have a garden. Forget I said that" he shrugged. "But maybe a flobberworm?"

"Probably you're right" Stephen admitted. "Whoever made the rules was not so sure about those details, I guess."
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:12 am

Medusa nodded.  Although she knew that not everyone and everybody was going to be nice and friendly,  she learned that going to her muggle school.  Although at times shd wished people were,  sure would make the world they live in a better place in her opinion.   "I understand, just stinks that they don't know you by your real name, I hate when people do that."she said pushing some hair out of her eyes.  Although it was hard to imagine people not being nice and friendly where she lived, it always been that way sincd she was little or even a baby according to her parents.

She chuckled alittle and nodded. "Mine and yours both, I'm always talking to Polaris about something." she said shrugging.  It was true,  if her believed owl could speak she'll probably tell you that she talked to her every day during the summer or when she was studying.  She didn't have many friends, even if everyone knew everyone they were older than her, which made her sad but not many kids lived out in the country now days. Now she thought about it,  she really didn't know anyone that lived in the country,  they all lived in the city and had the city life motto and way.

She nodded. He was right about that, it was rather obvious but still a bit funny in her opinion.  "Your'e right, but to see them like that would be funny, at least to me it would be even if its obvious. "she said biting her lip.   "I hate garden gnomes they're evil or so I heard, I have a muggle garden so I don't know if they're there."she said shrugging.   She giggled.  "Now that'll be something to see, they're disgusting and ugly." she said looking at the lake.

She nodded. "I mean just because you're a Gryffindor doesn't mean you have other traits of the other houses in you, I believe everyone has all the houses in them in some way."she said.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top