Someday and soon, I'll make you proud of your boy. - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Someday and soon, I'll make you proud of your boy. - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Someday and soon, I'll make you proud of your boy.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Someday and soon, I'll make you proud of your boy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Someday and soon, I'll make you proud of your boy.

Post by Frank Longbottom Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:35 pm

Of course it was something he was proud of. It was all he was good at, and paid inordinately well no less. Surely there were worse things than using your one real talent? But his father wasn't proud. He just registered that Frank was. In a way, it was fair. But it also disappointed like he expected it to.

He was wiling to put aside his silence acceptance of that feeling if it meant he and his dad could really talk about this. Even if only this once. They had the mutual desire to keep Alice and their mother from finding out, so that certainly boded well for Frank's ability to keep his 'profession' quiet.

"I don't know if it does," he admitted. "Probably. I don't always take anything, so much as listen and... act, I guess? If I take anything, to be clear, it's because it was previously stolen and the owner wants it back. I'm pretty strict about what I'll do and what I don't." Frank shrugged, figuring that was about as close as he could get to the truth without sounding mental. What he wanted to say was that he didn't take jobs that didn't align with his morals. Because that was the truth of the matter. But it did sound kind of stupid.

"What I do is entirely based in referral. People don't want my activities getting out, considering they hired me to do something technically sneaky. The odds of getting caught...? I mean, there's a chance. But not so much, after the fact. I never go into a situation if I don't think I can get out."

It was odd, really, to speak so casually about it to someone in his family. Merlin, if they knew about his alliance with Jack and the others... Probably best to leave that bit out, he decided.
Frank Longbottom
Frank Longbottom
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Someday and soon, I'll make you proud of your boy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Someday and soon, I'll make you proud of your boy.

Post by Neville Longbottom Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:18 am

Frank kept a straight face, but it wasn't like that meant much anymore. If everything he was telling him was true, his son had been maintaining a perfect poker face for years. It was a little disheartening, really, to now suddenly worry if the looks of excitement or gratitude after Christmas gifts and offerings of praise had only been conjured expressions.

But none of this was fair, of course. He had new information on his son, but that didn't mean his son was a new person. He had raised Frank, had helped cultivate his sense of the world, and he would always be his son. He would always know Frank in a way that Frank possibly couldn't know himself. Neville was grieving but it was not because the person he knew was gone - it was because the person he knew had become a grown up, and Neville had been one of the millions of parents to hope against hope that it wouldn't actually happen.

But how many of those parents actually had children who admitted their demons to them, who told the hard secrets, who insisted on honesty, even if it was after the fact?

Neville sighed. "I don't mean to sound... judgmental. It's just... when I was your age, I had a very strict view of right and wrong, and as I've gotten older, I've come to understand that it can be more complicated than that. I also worry with... with my past, and your mother's, and our... families... that you feel..." he searched for the word. "Obligated to be something. And I hope you know that all I want, and all your mother wants, is for you to be safe and happy."
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top