Potions in my own time - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Potions in my own time - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Potions in my own time

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potions in my own time - Page 2 Empty Re: Potions in my own time

Post by Godric Malfoy Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:47 pm

Godric listened to her about her boyfriend, and took not of the important bits. His future plan was close to what Godric's own was, so that gave him a few brownie points. He could tell his cousin was getting agrivated with his line of questions, but he needed to be sure she was in good hands. No, he wasn't happy about her decision, but as he said, he would be in her corner no matter the outcome. That was what it meant to be someone Godric cared about. Right or wrong, he stood by you. Granted, he would tell you if he disagreed with what you had planed.

When she got on about the family he simply scoffed. "I'm well aware of what Uncle wants. I've told him a thousand and one times that isn't who you are or what is going to transpire. No, I want to see you in a position worthy of you, and there is only one or two. I want you to fulfill your truest potential dearest cousin." He said this all with out a smirk, with out any sort of impish delight. His only hope for her was that she wouldn't squander her potential or waste it on unworthy endeavors. So far, he was ill impressed with the track this boy was setting her on.

"Besides, there is still some time for us to decide what we want. Hogwarts might not be as," he took a breath to try to find the proper wording, "focused, as our previous schools. But however, it does have some merit to it."
Godric Malfoy
Godric Malfoy
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:31 am

She sighed, realizing he was just trying to make sure she was alright. He may have been a cousin, but the truth was they had been raised together in the same house and he was probably more brother at this point in terms of their relationship than he ever had been cousin. He was only doing what any good brother would, making sure their sister was with a decent person. She definitely couldn’t fault him for that even if it did annoy her. “Not quite so different from your plan if I’m not mistaken.” She added quietly.

She listened to him. Godric was probably the only person Christy would listen to for the most part, although she could tell he seemed annoyed that she was listening to others when it came to doing what she wanted to do. At least he seemed to agree with her that the life her father wanted and expected for her wasn’t the life she needed. At least it was a starting point. “Too bad he won’t listen to anyone about that.” She said sighing, “If he had I wouldn’t have had to threaten to run away to come here.”

She laughed, “No, it isn’t. But you know, it isn’t a bad place to be. Nothing too crazy has happened like the stories our parents gave us growing up. I actually like it here aside from how wet it is.”
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Malfoy Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:34 am

"It's certainly warmer the Bulgaria." He said with a slight laugh. He turned his attention back to his potion, which was starting to turn metallic in color.

"Hmmm," he pondered as he jotted down notes in his book. It reminded him of his levitation potion from when they were younger, the color was almost identical.
"So, where does a guy go to have fun around here?" He looked at his cousin with a quizzical glance. He really loved what he did, but he needed to cut loose and decompress every now and then. Goddess knew he put in enough effort on his focused fields.

He picked up the oversized leather bound volume that passed for his potion recipe book. It was actually much larger then the text book for his class. He slipped it into his enchanted bag, and set it on the desk.

He turned down the burner on the cauldron, "hopefully no one will mess with my experiment, but this place looks almost as abandoned as our old playroom." He smirked as he said this, they hadn't been in the play room since they were nine.

Godric Malfoy
Godric Malfoy
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:08 pm

Christy looked at her cousin. He had grilled her about her friends here…well boyfriend. He really hadn’t questioned her about any of her friends. She was sure there would come a time for that before much longer. After all, the year had just started and it was their first time seeing each other outside of any classes. She wasn’t quite sure if they had any actual classes together because she hadn’t taken the time to look, which made her feel like a really awful witch for it.

“Well, from what I’m hearing you’ve been having quite a lot of fun.” She said pointedly at him, “Especially in the Care of Magical Creatures class.” She knew that would be all it would take for him to know exactly what she meant. The fight with Jack, or really more of a scuffle because it had been broken apart before it had turned into a full-fledged fight from what she had heard. And she had heard quite a bit. Enough that she had come to his defense in what he had said, without giving away his reasoning for saying it.

“Delk, you can’t be inciting fights your first week in school.” She sighed tucking a fallen tendril behind her ear. “And talking about the playroom back home isn’t going to help. I’m being serious.”

Her mind she knew exactly what she wanted to say, but she wasn’t quite sure how it worked for her to sound like she was scalding him without actually doing so. She wasn’t great at that. “Dyllan has already been in another fight this week. She’s a beater for the Gryffindor team and a damn good one. She’ll hold onto that rage and take it against you on the field. I know you know how to pick your battles, but it’s going to put me in a hard place because I’ll side with you even when I know I shouldn’t.”
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Malfoy Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:14 am

At the mention of CoMC, Godric grinned like a mad man. He knew he shouldn't have allowed it to go that far, but he wasn't going to stand down to some idiot that got upset about a few mean words.

"It was honestly pretty boring. One punch thrown, a bit of limbs clambering together, and then a strangers holding my arms. The only part that pissed me off was that last part. But we both know I hate to be touched." He grimaced even at the memory of the Professor laying his dirty hands on him.

"As for how unhinged she is, it's a bit obvious. 'Oh no, mean words, I have to hit him', I mean come on." His smile was right back where it belonged. He hoped his cousin hadn't forgotten that he was considered a bit 'unhinged' himself. "More over, if she lets the rage out on the Quiddich pitch, I'm good with that. It lets me really go all out against these guys. No holds bared, high aggression situations, I'm game."

He pulled out his map of the school and his schedule. Holding it to where his cousin could see both.
"So, DADA, I have double on Friday but have no idea where it's supposed to be." He gave her his best 'pretty please' look while asking her to help him find his way around. He had totally chosen to glaze over the fact that she had brought up his detention during his very first week at Hogwarts.

Godric Malfoy
Godric Malfoy
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:36 am

She sighed. Of course he was going to try to play it out like it wasn’t that big of a deal. “You know I think they put more into what you do back home than what I do honestly.” She told him. “You think my dad or your mum are going to be thrilled that you’re throwing punches with a girl regardless of the fact she felt like you were in the wrong?” She raised her eyebrow at him.

“Which professor was it?” she asked a bit curiously. She knew the mention of dirty hands that could mean it was only one of several choices that he could have said. She could almost hear the displeasure in his voice at the mention of being touched by someone else. She couldn’t remember a time he actually liked being touched by anyone. At best he tolerated Christy’s hugs every time she saw him, probably in truth because she was more like a sister to him than anything else. In fact, she was the closest one in the family to him.

“No, you don’t get what I’m saying.” She said looking at him talking about Jack, “I watched her hit another student off of broom last year with a bludger because she hit it so hard. While I’m fairly sure she didn’t mean it, I still wouldn’t want to make any sort of enemy like that on the pitch.”

She took the time to look over his schedule, “You and I have DADA together, except for the double on Friday. I think Kace has that extra one with you. I can show you where it’s at. It looks like we also have charms and potions together as well.” She said studying his schedule as she showed him hers. The only class it seemed like they did not have together was transfiguration. “I can wait for you in the Great Hall after breakfast to show you where the class is.” She had chosen to give him this battle for now, at least he was here now and that was a start.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Malfoy Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:27 am

"One, I didn't throw a single punch. I was ready to, don't get me wrong, and they know good and well I'm not going to back down from anyone. As far as them putting more into what I do, that's strictly because I make them pay more attention so they leave you alone. Why do you think I'm always in trouble?" His smile was playful and impish. They both knew he was always in trouble because he was Godric. It did however grant his cousin more freedom to do what she wanted, they couldn't keep up with both of them when they set their minds to doing something.

Christy would normally want to go do something with out the ever watchful eyes of the family, and mysteriously Godric would do something so crazy that all the attention was pulled away from her and she could slip away unnoticed. So many Ministry parties interrupted by his shenanigans.

When she asked about the professor his smirk faltered for a split second, only to be forced back into his perfectly at ease smile. "Not even sure. Never got his name. I was transferred due to scheduling issues with my DADA and potions classes. At least it was the professor that pulled me away and not the Centaur. That probably would have ended verydifferently." A professor was one thing, some random person however, was not going to happen.

"Any way, looks like I get to hang out with this boyfriend of yours then." His cheeky grin was a dangerous mix of playfulness, impish delight, and straight mischief. "That seems like it could be more fun then I thought. Wonder if he needs a partner. Might even get him to help me with a few of my experiments."
Godric Malfoy
Godric Malfoy
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:49 pm

She sighed. Christy only wanted to keep him from being in more trouble here, a fact that she knew despite him always being in trouble back home would make matters worse if he wasn’t living up to expectations, especially once she came out to her news with them. “You know, I know you do that so they will leave me alone, I don’t force you.” She laughed. Christabelle couldn’t force Godric to do anything he didn’t want to do and she knew it. However, she surely wasn’t going to complain that he did things to get in trouble to take the attention from her.

This past summer, when she had been home, she was rather calm and stuck to the parties her parents forced her to without much trouble. She knew it was only temporary and that she would be back in Hogwarts much sooner than realized since she really hadn’t left Britain for most of the summer. She honestly missed the escapades that he got himself into for the sake of a laugh at those parties.

“That depends,” she said looking at him. “Just how much trouble you plan on causing with him.” She said honestly. She was worried, that he wasn’t going to get along with him or even try to frighten him away. Aside from the fact that unless Sophia was in the class with them she would have to find a partner herself. “He is to stay far away from your experiments.” She said seriously.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Malfoy Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:42 am

Godric grinned delightfully. "Oh, you've never had to force me, or even ask. It's a perk of me actually giving a damn about someone." The twinkle in his eye was pure mischief and impish delight at this point. He was already planning his next endeavor into the realm of Hogwarts.

A game of late night tag in the Forbbiden Forest seemed like a grand time. A good old game of hide and shriek. Scare all the other's near to death just for the laughs.

As she said he couldn't include her dear boyfriend in any of his experiments, the golden haired boy full on pouted like a petulant child. It was all for laughs of course, but unless you knew him, it was pretty convincing.

"But why not?" He begged, drawing out the last word much like a brat throwing a tantrum. "I'm not going to make any friends if I can't share my.... Interests with people." He dropped the act, a vicious look in his icy blue eyes. "Besides the last time I actually hurt any of my DADA experiments was back in my second year. I'm much more careful now." No one except his family and his Dark Arts professor in Durmstrang knew the full story of what Godric had done to the poor boy. A reversal spell for the Cruciatis curse he was working on had actually enhanced the effects tenfold. Breaking the poor first year's psyche so badly he was still completely catatonic to this day.

"I promise I won't brake your new toy." He crossed his heart and smiled wildly. Even Godric was aware of just how messed up he was. He was just able to hide it better then most people.
Godric Malfoy
Godric Malfoy
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:01 am

Finally, the moment she had been waiting for. He had dropped his act of trying to act like he was being playful and finally let her back in to see the real him. She knew he wasn’t going to be happy about the fact she had said he couldn’t toy with Kace. Seeing the vicious look he had in his eye that almost bordered on the sadistic, she knew anything he planned involving Kace was not going to be pleasant.

Now, it was her turn to turn that same look back on him at the mention of her new toy. “He isn’t a toy.” She said defiantly. “You may have your toys, but I don’t. I actually really like him Godric and I don’t want you to mess that up because you want to play a sick and twisted game.”

Christy wasn’t quite sure where she was finding the ability to stand up to Godric so easily. Usually his jokes, about toying with people didn’t bother her, she loved her cousin; but talking about using Kace for one of his sadistic experiments was where she drew the line. “You can make friends just fine without them knowing your proclivities.” She began.

“You will not use someone I love in one of them! And that includes my cousin Sophia too. Toy around with whoever you want, but you will not touch them.” She found herself crossing her arms over her chest staring him down.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top