A Birth day - Page 51
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 51 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 51 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 75 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 51 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:48 pm

Aria and Ruby watched as Angus went and changed while Marcus watched the fairies in the basket now. Hearing Edward walk over as Angus returned Ruby smiled and listened to them " wow so he or she could be some sort of fairy royalty?" she asked but listened further as Edward explained realising the colours had significance " I never knew about that" she said softly and Aria nodded her head at Edward's words about the fairies and their Ranking by the colour of the clothing they wore.

Ruby saw Angus walk back down and heard Edward talk to him before Angus ported over to the main house while Edward said he was headed back home " okay , night " Ruby said as she watched him head to his side of the duplex.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4246

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:07 pm

"Perhaps," Edward said. "So could she, but understand, so far as I know, most fairy kingdoms are matriarchal. in other words, the true ruling power is the power of the queen. Perhaps not all, but it will be interesting to find out more about our new friends as we learn ways to communicate with each other."

When the house quieted, Marcus made himself a pot of Earl Grey, poured himself a cup and sat down in Angus's chair til Angus returned. The fairies slept deeply, and Marcus interpreted it to mean they trusted they were safe tonight. He had to believe that since the female had medical care and the male had a full stomach and they were both warm and without any apparent threats, maybe they understood there was no one to harm them tonight. Marcus believed that once the female was out of danger, they would not need to guard them through the night.

Angus wasn't gone more than about fifteen minutes. He apparated back in, took off his shirt and folded it and laid it with his clean jeans, and transfigured his jeans back to pajama trousers.

"How's Abbey?" Marcus asked.

"Sleeping. I didn't notice the general bruising she took when I had her. I was far more concerned about her leg," Angus said. "Robert and Kate and Brian and Khaat are all in her room tonight, and I can't blame them. They invited me to stay, but I felt I was more needed here. She has plenty of skilled keepers tonight. After all, three out of four of them are healers, but even though Kate isn't a healer, Abbey spends most of her awake time with her these days. I do think that they're going to opt out of nursery school for Abbey. I think they're deciding that they're going to get a kind of home school curriculum to keep her learning and advancing but I think they feel that the security risk just isn't worth it. Besides that, with Molly there, and all the adults that are here on the property, she is getting a lot of social interaction. Kate thinks there are several other wizarding families that have wanted some sort of homeschooling option for nursery school, and they're going to do a meeting to see if they can make a proposal to create a legitimate, supported homeschooling collective for a nursery school so the kids can still gather together at least once a week for playdates and collective learning experiences."

"Now that sounds wonderful," Marcus said. "I think that would serve a lot of needs. Ruby, you and Aria have organized minds, maybe you should consider joining the talks. After all, at some point, Diamond and Caprice are going to have to attend something. Maybe you guys could work part time as helpers or something until the babies get old enough to go. There are homeschooling primary schools, so I should think that perhaps one of them might support a homeschooling nursery program, especially if the Deputy Minister's wife is the one spearheading a movement for it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:18 pm

Ruby and Aria saw Angus return and Ruby smiled as he spoke about Abby and how settled and how Brian and Khaat were thinking of home schooling her. Aria heard Marcus and tipped her head at him but Ruby chuckled and nodded.

"sure sounds a good idea" she said seeing Arias look she chuckled again at her " don't worry tis easier than you think, I did it with Jessie" Ruby said and looked to Angus " of course we'll help, its a good thing they get an education, even the babies " She saw Aria look at the fairies and then back to Ruby. " don't worry I'll teach you or some of the others"

Aria looked at Marcus and nodded " sure , why not I need to branch out " she said and chuckled.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:30 pm

"Doesn't mean you can't go on missions," Marcus told Aria. "Besides, don't forget that Abbey is a security risk herself. As long as James believes Khaat rightfully belongs to him, Abbey is perfect bait if James gets ahold of her. We absolutely cannot let that happen. Not that I would want you to have to combat James on your own. If we run across James when Jack isn't there, James is mine."

"Sorry. Mine," Angus said.

"Well, truth be told, if Fenrir is around, he's best qualified over anyone else on the property, Jack included. Fenrir is about the only living creatures that genuinely frightens James," Marcus said.

"And with good reason," Angus said. "The only non-living thing I've ever seen James be afraid of is Edward's axe."

"And with excellent reason," Marcus said. "I do think he underestimates Edward. He believes Edward is just an old man and he can take him."

"Well, James is an idiot," Angus said, yawning. Marcus was going to give up Angus's chair, and Angus motioned him to stay where he was. "Stay. Its closer to the fairies. I'll stretch out on the sofa. It's fine. Just wake me when its my turn."

"You've got it," Marcus said, as Angus sat down on the sofa and leaned back and closed his eyes. He was asleep in seconds. Marcus glanced over, saw Angus was asleep already, and shook his head, trying not to laugh. Clearly, Angus was tired, from Priscilla tinkering in his dreams. "I have to learn how he does that," Marcus said very softly. "I have to be completely spent to go to sleep that fast."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:38 pm

Aria looked at Marcus and listened to him talk she relaxed and nodded " never thought about it that way" she said and chuckled to him " It would be like extra security for Abby." she said and Ruby nodded as they spoke of James. She could not disagree with what they said as even she was scared of Fenrir over James.

Ruby stood up and checked the kitchen was clean of dishes and washing was on the go. " okay I think we should all retire for the night." she said as she turned the main lights off to leave some side lights giving the living room a soft ambient glow. Aria stood up and moved to the stairs " come up when your ready" ruby said to Angus.

" I'll get on breakfast once we get up" Aria told Marcus and Angus " that will give you guys some extra time to sleep" she added as she made her way up to her room and showered. Ruby looked at Angus " we have fresh fruit salad in the fridge along with the trifle if you guys want to snack in the night." now she headed up once she had checked on the babies and their fairy guests before giving Angus a light kiss on his cheek before she headed up to their room
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:57 pm

Marcus watched the fairies halfway through the night and then another hour. He woke Angus with just three hours to go til sunrise. Angus was feeling a good deal better because he was used to not having time to get more than about five hours or sleep. Marcus got up and went upstairs. Angus finished the tea Marcus had made and then, at about 4:45, he made fresh pots of coffee and of tea, knowing that Ruby and perhaps Aria might be up in the next hour or so to fix breakfast.

The female fairy woke, her hand on her stomach. Angus took that to mean that she perhaps was hungry. He went to the kitchen, got a few more of the roasted vegetables from supper and he cut them into much smaller pieces and heated them for her and took a tiny plate to her. She was able to sit up for a little, so Angus put his finger behind her back to help her sit up. Wings folded, she was able to lean back against him while she ate. She even drank a full cup of the medicinal tea. She was definitely looking better. As she was sipping on her tea, the little male woke, and he seemed elated to see she was that much better. When Angus offered her a second cup of tea, she took it and started to pour it on her eggs, almost a full cup per egg. Angus got the message. He warmed more tea just slightly so it wouldn't harm the eggs by being too hot, and he poured a cup on both eggs. The eggs got clearer and clearer and started to shimmer and glow again. Both fairies seemed almost jubilant.

Their celebration was short lived, though, as Finn came downstairs, and, not seeing Angus jumping up to open the door to let him out, he started to bark at Angus, irritated. It frightened both fairies and the little female flew up to Angus and landed right on the base of his throat where she could feel his pulse.

"You're alright," Angus told her softly, petting her hair very gently, being so careful to be comforting and not hurtful. The effort of flying was tiring for her, though, and she didn't have the energy to fly back. Instead, she laid her head down against his skin, seemingly comforted somehow, and slipped back to sleep. The little male fluttered up and positioned himself to sit crosslegged on Angus's shoulder. Angus flicked his fingers at the front door to let the dog out, but he made up his mind that he wasn't letting Finn back in until he could get up to fill the kibble bowl because he didn't want Finn frightening the fairies again.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:09 am

Both Aria and Ruby woke and dressed heading down Ruby smiled seeing Angus with Two fairies on him. She had hear Finn and sighed " he barked I'm guessing it scared them" she said as Aria headed to the kitchen to start breakfast for every one. " they look much better this morning" she said looking at the female against Angus and the male sat cross legged on his shoulder.

Aria made muesli and then made a quiche with bacon and tomatoes in. She then cooked up bacon, eggs sunny side up along with toast, scrambled eggs and fried tomatoes and beans for anyone who wats a cooked breakfast along with the pot of coffee she knew Angus had made and several plates and cutlery for every one " morning guys" she said as she walked over with a plate for Angus " here " she said and placed it in his hands with a knife and fork.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:28 am

"It frightened her half out of her wits," Angus said. "He wasn't as rattled, but he isn't going far from her. She's eaten already because she was hungry, but she did eat a good breakfast of last night's vegetables. Since Edward says they don't hunt, I presume they're vegetarians." When she brought over breakfast, he smiled. "Thanks. I am hungry. I'll share, though. Oh, our friends have enormous sweet tooths, though, just so you know." He broke off a bit of his tomato for the male fairy and shared it with him The fairy appeared to not have tried a tomato before but when he tasted it, his eyes grew wide with delight, and he ate it eagerly. Angus offered him a bean, and some wee bits of toast and was careful to make sure each little bite had a drop of jam on it for him. The little fairy happily ate his fill of tomato and bean and toast. Angus saw that his new friend was now sticky with jam.

"Ru," Angus asked, "when you're finished eating, could you bring me a shallow bowl of warm water and maybe just a tiny sliver of some of that mild scented bar of goat's milk baby soap? And let's cut up a soft white washcloth for him to dry himself on. Great breakfast, Aria. I shared mine. Our little friend enjoyed his first taste of tomato, had some pieces of a bean, and had a couple crumbs of toast with a comparatively liberal drop of jam. But he's all sticky with blackberry jam now, so I'm sure he would like an opportunity to wash. Oh, and at some point, please let that noisy dog back in. I didn't let him back in because if there aren't kibbles in his bowl when he comes back in, he is quick to me me know he thinks I'm an idjit."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:42 am

Ruby listened and watched the male eat then heard Angus talk she nodded " of course" she said and went to their bathroom to gather the items Angus had asked for the small shallow bowl of warm water and just a tiny sliver of some mild scented bar of goat's milk baby soap she then cut up a soft white washcloth into small squares and walked back to Angus. Placing everything down next to the basket she stepped back to watch.

Aria heard Angus talk about Finn and chuckled " I'll fill his bowl" she said and headed to the pantry picking up the bag of kibble she placed some in his bowl then walked to the door she then let him back in guiding him to the bowl and away from Angus and the fairies. Once he'd eaten he headed up to the nursery. " Once the girls are ready I'll take them to Evens. " she said hearing the babies awake she headed up and grabbed both carrying them down to the playpen where she gave both some toast to chew on while she made their breakfast of fresh fruit and toasted soldiers.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:10 am

Angus held his hand out to the male, who hesitated and then stood up and walked into Angus's palm. Angus lowered him down to the side table to where the bowl of water and bathing things were, and then he opened a book and set it up for the little fairy to have some privacy. A moment or two later, Angus head some buzzing noises that sounded like a cross between music and like what he might have imagined a bee would sound like if it were either laughing or singing or both. He heard a splash, and he saw that the little sliver of soap had slipped away from the improvised tub, so Angus put it on his fingertip and reached around the book and handed it back. He felt the tiny hands pick it up again, and this time he was sure he was hearing laughter. Angus saw the reflection in the table wax of the clothes lying on the table in a heap, so Angus used just a very, very slight wandless magic spell to clean and refresh the fairy's clothes, leaving them as clean as if they had been freshly laundered. The man's tiny face peered around the book, looking up at Angus curiously, wondering if Angus could do magic. Angus laughed, and then the little fairy laughed too and disappeared back behind the book.

"He's having much too much fun in the bath," Angus told them as Marcus came downstairs and went and got himself coffee first. "He could well be there til the water gets cold. Since they live in the woods, maybe he's never had a warm bath before. Thanks for taking the girls. I appreciate it. I don't know if Jack could use our help going out to help find the traces of the poison, but I feel like I should be doing something."

"Well, if you want to be doing something, why don't you see if you could make Abbey her pink pancakes for breakfast or some of her favorite pink cookies? Nobody else quite has the knack to do them the way you do," Marcus suggested. "Breakfast smells great. I'll get some as soon as I have a sip or two of coffee first."

"The cookies. Perfect," Angus said. "She might not be up to breakfast quite yet, and I'm sure Rosaria will be spoiling her rotten. But one can never have too many cookies, can they?"

"That will cheer her up," Marcus said. as the kids came to the kitchen for breakfast. "You ladies going shopping today, then, after the girls go to Evan's?"

"Shopping? Without us?" Ginger asked.

"You have a potions exam, remember?" Angus asked. The girls sighed and went to fix their plates.

"They were hoping you forgot," Marcus laughed.

"You feeling ready for it?" Angus asked them.

"We can do the potion now, so we should do alright. Our book left a step out. That's why it wasn't working, according to Edward."

"Well, that would make an immense difference," Marcus said. "I'm glad you have it worked out now, though. Best of luck on it today."

"You'll both do fine," Angus said, confident.

"I hope," Anise said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 75 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top