A Birth day - Page 49
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 49 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 49 of 63 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 56 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 49 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 07, 2024 1:33 am

"True," Kate nodded when Aria said she was a bird. "If you want to take them to the barn, then, that's alright. I can check on them later out there. Jack, I'm glad you're taking him out because he's just about to get naughty, and when he gets naughty, he can be a real pain in the behind." Kate flicked her fingers to open the kitchen door, threw Archangel's toy fish and toy bird outside into the yard in case Jack wanted to play fetch with him, and Archangel shot outside like lightning. "Might as well let him outside. Bit of crime not to let a superb flyer like he is to get outside."

"Robert?" Someone was calling through the floo in the living room. Kate went into the living room.

"Brian? That you?" Kate asked.

"Yeah. It's me. Got Robert's message, and I've done some checking. Priscilla is still physically behind bars but the binding wore off hours ago. I've put it back, but there's no telling how much mischief she's been up to for whatever time she waas going unchecked."

"Oh bloody hell," Kate said. "She's been able to do all sorts of mischief then. Robert is not going to like it. He's about ready to turn her into a teacup as it is."

"My vote is that he should go for it," Brian said. "And then, I call first dibs and dropping it and shattering it."

"Well, Robert is more devious. He likes to get used teabags, shove the teacups full of them and then set the teacups aside so the teabags can go bad in the teacups. If they want to fill their lives with bad things, Robert believes bad teabags is as fair game as any."

"Now, why didn't I think of that?" Brian said. 

"Because Robert likes passive aggression," Kate laughed. "I'll pass your word onto him. What about Suzanne?"

"Oh. Her. The Gelding Drama Queen. She's launched a hunger strike because they sent her toast with grape jam this morning, and apparently Her Highness doesn't like grape jam. So she's making an arsehat of herself about inhumane treatment."

"God, she'll be next on his list to turn into something or other," Kate said. "I'll pass that onto him. Thank you, Brian." Brian turned the floo off. "Well? I presume you heard that," Kate told Aria. "Would you be kind enough to pass the word onto Robert when you go back to the duplex, please?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue May 07, 2024 1:42 am

Aria chuckled and nodded " will do" she said then looked at Jack who chuckled as Kate threw the toys out the window and Arch followed.

"ah fetch" Jack said and chuckled that as until the floo opened and Brian's voice came threw it talking to Kate about Pricilla and Suzzanne. He could not help but laugh at Kate saying Robert would change Pricilla into a cup and stuff it with tea bags " oh so he's no longer doing the bugs?" he asked and pulled a face as Kate mentioned letting the tea bags become rotten .

Aria listen to Kate , Jack and Brian talk about turning priscilla into a tea cup. " eww that's really rotten" she said with a smirk knowing it would be Karma for a rotten person. " okay I'll take these two to the barn " she said looking down at the sleeping owlets and heading out to the barn. Finding the spot she slipped the owlets into the warm dark nest in the barn and then headed back to the duplex.

Entering she saw Marcus and walked over to him" Brian contacted Kate threw the floo while I was over there he says, Priscilla is still physically behind bars but the binding wore off hours ago. He's put it back." she said to him softly not sure if Angus should hear and leaving that to Marcus to tell him." also Suzanne launched a hunger strike because they sent her toast with grape jam this morning, and apparently Her Highness doesn't like grape jam. So she's making an arsehat of herself about inhumane treatment."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4246

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 07, 2024 9:08 pm

"It depends on how irked he is with them," Kate said when Jack asked if Robert had stopped changing people to bugs. "The more irked he becomes, the more disgusting he feels he has a right to be, and she's got him pretty fired up at the moment. If he would choose to turn her to a bug right now, you can bet he'd make her a maggot."

"Ew," Zoe laughed, coming in. "Morning mail is here, Mrs. Lupin." She handed her a stack of mail and turned and left again.

"Thank you," Kate said, as Zoe left. 

Robert was busy tending Angus's shoulder when Marcus saw Aria come in. He listened to her report about Priscilla. 

"That explains some of the nightmares, I'll wager," Marcus said. When Aria told him about Suzanne's hunger strike, Marcus laughed out loud.

"I know you lot are busy," Marcus said to the others, "but apparently Suzanne is on a hunger strike because they brought her grape jam this morning for her toast and she doesn't like grape jam."

"Oh, she does too," Robert frowned. "When she was in St. Mungos, I saw for myself that they served her a slice of a grape tart one day for lunch, and she was going on and on about how it reminded her of her 'own dear children' loved toasted grape jam sandwiches for breakfast, and she ate the slice of tart and even asked for another slice. That's her putting on a show for some attention getting.'

"Sounds like she's just desparate to try to get somebody--anybody--to let her out of jail," Angus said. "So, if she mounts a hunger strike and it gets to the Paris wizarding papers, she's hoping the ministry will be pressured to let her out. I'd love to go visit her today."

"Why?" Robert asked. "Of all people?"

"Because I'd taunt the crap out of her. I'd cast a spell on her that would cause her to smell all the good aromas of an old fashioned Sunday roast and see how fast that stupid hunger strike stunt would end," Angus replied. That made Robert laugh out loud.

"Clever. I like it," Robert laughed. 

"And Priscilla is still there?" Angus asked.

"She is but her magical binding came off. Brian replaced it this morning," Marcus said.

"Good. I'm glad he replaced it. So far as I know, magical binding is still standard procedure with pretty much any wizarding jail facility," Angus said.

"It is," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue May 07, 2024 9:20 pm

Aria listened to Zoe and Kate and shivered at the notion of Suzanne being a maggot " blech" she said " even I as a dove won't touch that" she said chuckling as Kate got the mail " okay I'll head back and let them know what's going on, then take these to the barn." she said and walked back with Marcus to the duplex, she let Marcus tell Robert and Angus and laughed as Robert said Suzzanne did like grape jelly.

" wow that would be so mean, but fun" Aria Said and chuckled shaking her head as Did Ruby .

"would serve her right" Ruby said as Aria headed to the barn returning moments later empty handed.

" Jack took the owlets and put them in the barn, Arch is looking out for the mother" she told Ruby who smiled and was glad they would hopefully be reunited with their mother. both looked as Robert said is was standard procedure to bind a witch of wizards magic while in jail.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 pm

"You shouldn't teach Angus any more about passive aggression, Robert," Marcus teased. "He's learning very well."

"Perhaps not," Robert replied, "but he's having a good time with it, and he really isn't hurting anything. Besides, if he gets a bit of his own back by taking a jab at Priscilla and Suzanne, then I say good on him for doing it. Nobody deserves to be messed with more than those two anyway. There. Dressing's replaced. It's looking very good, all things considered. You're not ready to try anymore hikes into the woods today. Yes, I know about that. I saw you because I was finishing a run when I saw you all outside gallivanting into the woods at daybreak. I think you should try to be up on your feet for very short distances from time to time but no farther. You just aren't up to more than that.

"As for nutrition, Ruby, try to shift him to a high protein diet for now, some fruits and vegetables, whole grains--those are all fine, but the protein is the important part because protein is the building block for rebuilding muscle. Lean proteins like chicken and fish are best," Robert told her. "Go easy on starches. They aren't so helpful for him right now. They don't really hurt him but they aren't going to help him either. I'm going to St. Mungos this morning, and I'll be at the ministry by early afternoon. I'll check in on my way home this evening, but if you have any questions, let me know. I'll see you all later. Do try to stay out of trouble today." He drew his wand and flicked it, and apparated out.

Just then the kids came into the kitchen, and after Marcus told them about the breakfast containers, they each picked out one and sat down to eat.

"Hey, since we've got the dance tonight in Hogsmeade, can we put off our homework til tomorrow?" Anise asked.

"If you do it right away tomorrow," Angus said.

"We will," they both said. "And can someone pick us up straight away at 3, Paris time?"

"I don't see why not," Angus said. "Somone will come and get you so you have time to dress."

"Thanks," Anise said, relieved.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue May 07, 2024 9:52 pm

Ruby listened to Robert and Marcus and chuckled as they had light banter between themselves when Robert spoke of Angus diet she nodded " okay more protein less starch " she said smiling having an idea for some dinner recopies " I think Angus hand some high protein recopies in his folder , if not I'm sure I can find something and modify it" she added as Aria chuckled too.

Hearing the kids come down and grab their breakfast to eat she heard Anise and looked at Angus " I'll fetch them for three on the dot" she said smiling " did you decide who you wanted to go to the dance with?" she asked " Jess or Us" she asked motioning to herself and Marcus. Knowing it would be Jess and Jack since they would be better to stay and watch Angus and the babies, she was not disappointed not to go.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 07, 2024 10:07 pm

"I can help you write some recipes if you need help," Angus told her. 

"I thought Robert said he was definitely asking Jack and Jess, Aria," Marcus said. "No offense to the kids, but I honestly don't want to go if Jack can go. Jess and Jack are both very capable fighters. And, quite honestly, it would be stupid for the Geldings to try anything with so many people that will be there. Besides, my assignment is right here. If you really want go, then perhaps you could go with Jack if Jess can't go."

"We're already trained, all four of us," Anise said. "We can look out for ourselves."

"It's not your choice either," Angus told the kids firmly, already having enough of people debating who was going and who wasn't. "It's Robert's choice if he's sending anyone to just keep an eye, and he's asking Jess and Jack first, and he's already said, he's asked them to just keep their distance and not interfere unless they absolutely have to."

"We need to go," Victor told Sam. "We're gonna be late." Victor threw away the take out containers and he and Sam headed to work.

"We need to get going too," the girls said, getting up to throw out their takeout containers and get their bags to go to Evan's. "And Ruby, pick up time today is three pm Paris time, not London time."

"We'll remember," Angus said.

"I can take them if you like," Marcus told Ruby.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue May 07, 2024 10:13 pm

Aria listened to Marcus and chuckled " that's fine with me , not up for feet that feel like they've been three hot coals " she said chuckling to Marcus as he continued then Angus spoke " I know so that's 2pm out time since Paris is one hour ahead" she said smiling.

Ruby heard Angus and relaxed " that would be a heaven sent " she said smiling as she picked up a note book and the folder as she saw the boys throw away their containers " see you at dinner" she called after them as they left out the door and chuckled a she walked over to Angus as Aria headed to fetch the babies so they could have their breakfast.

Aria returned with the babies, she sat and fed them there oats and fruit from the container that Caprice was so interested in. " Oh Marcus I agree our place is right here for the moment" she said as she fed Dimond " besides we'll have plenty of time for dances " she added.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 07, 2024 10:38 pm

"Come on, Girls. Let's get a move on," Marcus told them. They took hold of him, and he took them to Evans. He returned about three minutes later. 

Angus, in the meantime, was working on some ideas for menus. He knew about what he had in the freezer and in the pantry, so he was going to try to make use of those things first. He focused on light things for lunch, like salads and soups and sandwiches of all kinds. He didn't particularly plan a menu for the entire day. Rather, he planned ideas for lunches. Then, he would plan ideas for suppers and, lastly for breakfasts, so that any of the meals he was planning would work. Ruby could pick a lunch and then she could later pick a supper meal menu. 

For suppers, he picked a good serving of protein, paired it with a whole grain of some sort, like farro or quinoa or bulgar wheat, and he chose them, mainly to be made as pilafs. Then, he would add a couple of non-starchy vegetables to each supper menu he planned.  He planned half a dozen lunch menus, half a dozen supper menus, and half a dozen breakfast menus.

Marcus kept Angus in fresh coffee while he was working. When Angus finished the lunch menus, Marcus handed them to Ruby. 

"Looks like he's suggesting light and simple things for lunches, like soups and salads and sandwiches," Marcus told Ruby. "From what I see, he's doing bigger portions of protein for suppers, with a whole grain pilaf of some sort and a couple non-starchy vegetables for each supper. And it looks like you could pick any lunch menu you like and any supper menu you like. It rather looks like a simple system but it should work, I think."

"I didnt suggest desserts but I thought you might like to fix whatever dessert that strikes you," Angus told her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue May 07, 2024 10:48 pm

Ruby and Aria both nodded when Marcus said he'd take the girls to Even " thank you Marcus " Ruby said as she and Aria both fed the babies , once done they took them and cleaned them up, once dressed ready for the day they placed them both in the play pen.

It was now Ruby saw Marcus return and walk over to Angus taking the note pad from him and walk to her. She listened as he explained some of the ideas Angus hand and she nodded " Thank you that's helpful, very helpful2" she said and smiled " I saw a few recipes with these in , in Angus folder" she said and started to flip threw one of them not finding what she was looking for she took down another replacing the one she had first taken down.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 63 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 56 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top