A Birth day - Page 52
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 52 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 52 of 64 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 58 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 52 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 09, 2024 9:34 pm

Sam and Victor had come home from work, and Victor had hit the shower and was dressing in a dress suit. He had an emerald green brocade waistcoat and tie to match Ginger's dress, and, on his own, he had bought Ginger a corsage made of babys breath and beautiful red roses. Impressed that Victor cared enough about Ginger to think of a corsage, Marcus took it downstairs to help Ginger put it on her dress.  

Marcus had helped both girls with their dresses to make sure they fit perfectly, and he had made sure they had perfectly coordinated and perfectly fitting shoes. Both girls had chosen little silver dress heels, and both girls had chosen to wear the gold jewelry with the tiny diamonds that Angus had given them when they first joined the family. Neither girl had ever considered even wanting someone else. On Angus's behalf, Marcus had purchased for each of them, in advance, a beautiful handpainted silk shawl to help them ward off the evening chill from their shoulders, and he had shown them how to shrink the shawls and tuck them in their clutch bags. He had gotten them little silver clutches to coordinate with their shoes, and he had made sure each clutch had a beautiful sterling silver shoulder chain so they didn't need to carry it all night. 

"What do you mean are they ready? Of course not," Marcus said to Jack when he asked if the girls were ready. "Clearly, you've never dealt with a teenage girl for one of these things. It takes awhile. You both might as well come in. I'll go see what I can do to undo their nerves. I'll go see if they're done stressing over their makeup. I'll be right back." 

"Jack, you know," Angus said, thinking of the best way for Jack and Jess to do their task and not be so spotlighted by the girls or their dates, "you and Jess could go ahead and go, and that way, you might be a bit less conspicuous. You would have all the freedom you want to be as close or distant from them that you want without the kids really caring one way or the other. Victor can apparate Ginger to Hogsmeade, and Dean should certainly be old enough since the papers say he's a seventh year. If he doesn't, someone's going to have to apparate him here to come and get Anise. Just a thought. You do what you like."

Victor came downstairs, and Sam followed, silently, sitting by Angus. Angus could tell it bothered Sam immensely that Anise was serious about going with another guy. Angus didn't say anything to Sam at the moment, because this wasn't the time. He would talk to him later, though.  

Marcus was doing their makeup when there was a knock on the door, one Angus did not recognize. He got up and went to the door. There was a tall, young man there with muggle movie star good looks, sandy light brown hair, and hazel eyes. This was undoubtedly Dean Whitmore. So he showed up after all. 

"Um...Is Anise Hawthorne here?" Whitmore asked nervously. It dawned on Angus that Angus was, likely intimidating without trying to be. At Angus's 6'4" height and his well muscled frame, he could be intimidating at first glance. And it was even more apparent in his sweat trousers without a tee shirt to even begin to try to cover his well defined muscles.

"She is. And you are?" Angus asked calmly, politely.

"Oh. Whitmore. Dean Whitmore," the young man reached out his hand to shake hands. 

"Angus Donohue. Anise's guardian. Come in. She'll be up in a moment," Angus said, inviting him in.

"She said she lived in a real log cabin," Whitmore said, looking around. "This is amazing. I could like this a lot."

"Thank you. We like it," Angus said. 

"Hey, Dean," Victor said, coming over, shaking hands with him. 

"Vic! Good to see you," Dean grinned. And then Angus realized Victor had been a Gryffindor. They would have known each other from being in the same house, even though Victor had been ahead of him. "You live here too?"

"Yeah. Its confusing, but somehow it works," Victor laughed.

"So Anise is your..."

"Not legally my sister, no. Legally, she and Ginger are friends, but they feel like family," Victor clarified.

"I get it," Dean said, not entirely getting it. Marcus came back upstairs and looked at Angus and nodded. The girls were ready. Angus watched the girls come upstairs. Ginger looked great in her sequined emerald green party dress, and Angus thought it was perfect with her red hair. She still looked a bit thin to him, but she was healthy, and that was what mattered to Angus. Anise came upstairs, in the sequined hot pink party dress, and Angus noticed how long Anise's legs were compared to Ginger's. Ginger was definitely thinner than Anise, but Anise, for some reason had some very shapely long legs.

"I effed this up," Sam said in a whisper to Angus, so soft that only Angus could hear. Angus reached over and patted Sam's arm understandingly. Sam was so grown up in some ways and still a boy in some others. He'd learn. And seeing Anise dressed to the nines to go out with someone else, that was a powerful message. 

"You look amazing," Dean said to her softly, handing her a corsage with bright pink flowers that were almost a perfect match to her dress. And he had remembered to wear a pink waistcoat and tie. 

"Thank you," she smiled, beaming. 

"Shall I help you put that on?" Marcus asked quietly. 

"Please?" she asked. Marcus pinned the corsage on her dress.

"May we go?" Ansie asked, looking at Angus.

"Absolutely. Be safe. When does the dance end?"

"Midnight," Victor said.

"Then I expect you home at midnight when it ends, not a minute later," Angus said

"I'll have her back on time, Mr. Donohue," Dean said.

"Thank you."

"We'll be back by then," Victor nodded.

"Then go, and have a great time," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 09, 2024 9:45 pm

Jack and Jess looked at Angus listening to what he said and both smiled " all right then, see ya" Jack said taking Jess's arm and porting away to the dance area. Ruby chuckled at Jacks enthusiasm.

"just like a teen" she said smiling but that faded when she heard a knock she didn't know and Angus got up to answer the door, she listened to the interaction between dean and Angus and chuckled softly hearing Angus reprimand the boy slightly. " nice to meet you too Dean" she said as Caprice wanted to be lifted out the play pen.

Seeing both girls walk up dressed to the nines she smiled " you both look so frown up, your mom would be proud of you both" she said walking over to Anise and Ginger as Victor walked over . She heard Angus tell victor he wanted both of the back once the dance was done and smiled "Other wise, have fun guys" she said softly to them with a chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4251

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 09, 2024 10:06 pm

"And so here we are, missing yet another dance," Angus said to Ruby. 

"I don't think I remember hearing her say she took up with you because of what a fantastic dancer you were or what a splendid socialite you were," Marcus laughed.

"If she had, she'd have lied on both counts," Angus said, knowing he was an average dancer and an average socialite. He actually preferred to stay home. He socialized when he had to, but he was, at heart a home and hearth sort of guy. 

"Well, and there is something about having a two one-year olds that tends to make most parents stay home more than before they had them," Marcus said. "You know, you guys are becoming such pros at dealing with two babies, maybe next time you have kids, you should try for triplets."

"Hush!" Angus frowned. "We have six. We do not need nine. I do not want nine."  Marcus laughed. "So, I'm going to change subjects quickly," Angus said. "Aria, since its just us grownups--the babies don't count for a minute--let's do something unusual and order pizza. What do you think? Pizzas or sub sandwiches? I'm hungry."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 09, 2024 10:12 pm

Ruby heard Marcus and laughed at their banter "I'm good with being right here" she said and walked over to Angus and gave him a kiss " nether would I, imagine how big I'd get, I wouldn't be able to walk or cook" she said " plus lets get this one grown up first" she chuckled Aria chuckled too next to her as Angus and Marcus continued the banter.

Aria was laughing when Marcus turned to talk to her she heard what he said and thought about it " oh Pizza but no pineapple" she said grinning " its ben a long time since I had order in Pizza" she said " guess the babies could tray their first piece of pizza." she said smiling as she saw Dimond look at her while hold her bunny by its ear.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 09, 2024 10:36 pm

Angus knew that he and Sam and Marcus and Edward all liked Hawaiian pizza, but he had been planning on ordering more than one pizza anyway. He ordered three extra large pizzas--a margherita pizza, a pepperoni pizza, a deluxe pizza, and a Hawaiian pizza. The pizza parlor also sold large pizza size--chocolate chip cookies, so he ordered one. 

"Four extra large pizzas should hold us," Angus said. "And what we don't eat, the kids will. I had them put it on my tab."

"I'll go over and invite Edward and Simone for pizza," Marcus said.

"So, if you didn't have kids," Sam asked, "and if you weren't recovering from surgery, what would you be doing tonight?" 

"Ordering pizza and opening a couple of beers," Angus replied. Sam rolled his eyes.

"I was serious," Sam said.

"So was I. Adulthood isn't about always going out and spending a night at the pub. More often than not, there are reasons why we need to stay home," Angus said. "And sometimes, we honestly like to stay home."

"You guys are boring," Sam sighed. Angus laughed. 

"And I like it," Angus agreed. 

"Is that what muggles do?"

"Pretty much, from what I understand," Marcus said.

"At least they have tv and movies and stuff."

"And you have magic. You wish you could have what they have, and they wish they could have what you have. Sometime you should talk with Hermoine Weasley. She's a muggle that has magical abilities. She's lived in both worlds. She can tell you that there are advantages and disadvantages to both," Angus told him. "She made a choice to live solely in our world to protect her muggle family from Voldemort during the second war. That takes immense courage and even more love. She's a remarkable woman. You could learn a thing or two from her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 09, 2024 10:41 pm

Aria and Ruby were glad that Angus ordered different types of Pizza knowing that every one had their own tastes. Hearing Sam talk to Angus Ruby chuckled knowing that's exactly what they would be doing , laying down looking at the stars out side or on the balcony.

Aria looked at Marcus and smiled " I'll try the Hawaiian pizza, not going to say I will like it but can't say I don't until I try it" she said smiling she could not help chuckle as Angus said what they couldn't eat the kids would finish " oh too right they will" Aria said as Finn settled by her feet " hey buddy , you want out" she asked and his ears pricked up " okay come on" she stood up and opened the back door for Finn so he could run out and so what ever it was he wanted.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 09, 2024 10:53 pm

"Some people make good Hawaiian pizza," Marcus said. "Personally, I like Angus's best, but he just makes good pizza. A lot of Hawaiian pizzas are basically pizza sauce, ham, pineapple and cheese. Angus's is sort of a really good Hawaiian style barbeque sauce, not pizza sauce, ham, crispy bacon, pineapple, cheese, slivered almonds, and a dash of cinnamon. It sounds weird, but his combination really works. When he can use both arms again, maybe we can get him to make it for us."

"I didn't order it to make you uncomfortable," Angus said. "I know that us guys like it, that's all. Simone likes it--when she's in the mood for us. If she isn't, though, she's going to eat deluxe or some other kind. Eat what you like. You don't have to prove anything to anybody."

"Is there anything you don't like on a pizza?" Marcus asked Angus.

"Anchovies," Angus said. "There is a time and a place for an anchovy, and on my pizza isn't it." that made Marcus laugh.

"What about you, Sam? Anything you dont' like?"

"Black olives--they just look like rotten olives to me," Sam said. "And anchovies. Oh, and hot peppers."

"I can't blame you a bit," Angus said.

"I like the cookie pizzas, though. Did you order one of those?" Sam asked.

"I did," Marcus said. 

"Awesome! We should have some lattes with the cookie pizza," he suggested.

"That is a great idea," Angus said.

"But you cant' make them with one hand."

"Yes, I probably could. Or, I could teach you how to make them, and you could make them for all of us. They're not hard."

"But I don't cook."

"So its time you learned," Angus said. 

"I don't know," Sam sounded unsure. "Show Ruby instead."

"He's brave, that one," Marcus teased.

"So where's the pizza?" Edward asked, coming over with Simone along with him. "I'm starving."

"It'll be here any minute now," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 pm

Ari chuckled and shook her head " nope your not , I want to try it " she said " I get the feeling each person and place makes it different so why not, I might have just got it from a bad place ." she said then listened to Marcus talk about how Angus made his Pizza " oh that sounds fantastic" she said then chuckled again when Angus said he didn't like Anchovies " who does" she said pulling a face and shivering at the thought.

Ruby chuckled hearing Angus talk about making latte's to go with the cookie pizza he had ordered and offered to teach Sam " why not , be a new skill you can use" she said smiling " but if you don't want to learn that's fine , I can make them."

Jess and Jack arrived at the ball room and were greeted by some of the teachers Jack smiled as Jess heard the thrum of the music " shall we dance" Jack asked taking her hand in his own and leading her to the dance floor . As they moved Jack lent closer to Jess and spoke softly " just saw Anise and Ginger they look beautiful" he said and Jess smiled as Jack moved her around the dance floor like an expert making even the teachers pause and watch them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 09, 2024 11:23 pm

The pizzas arrived, and Marcus brought them inside and put them on the sideboard. He got out some plates and things and put them on the sideboard too. 

"Beer or soda or both?" Marcus asked.

"Beer," Edward voted. Simone, Sam, and Angus all voted for beer. Marcus got out beers and set them on the sideboard too. 

"Come and fix your plates, Everyone. Angus, what kind do you want? I'll fix you a plate," Marcus said.

"Um...a couple pieces of deluxe and a couple pieces of Hawaiian, please," Angus said.

"Coming right up," Marcus said. He floated over a beer for Angus and one for himself, and then he fixed a plate for Angus and one for himself. Sam went over and piled several pieces on his plate and grabbed a beer. Marcus brought over Angus's plate and his own plate and sat down to tuck in. "This was a great idea, Angus. Good pizza. Where di d you order this from?"

"Lizzie's been experimenting with a pop up pizza kiosk in Hogsmeade the last several weekends, and she's been after me to try her pizza, so I ordered from her pop up," Angus said. "She'd like to add a second location, and she's considering that it should be a pizza place in Hogsmeade because of the school there."

"Not a bad idea," Marcus said. "They could use it. I think she could make a go of it, especially if she isn't afraid to expand into all kinds of creative flavors."

"She'd like to. She'd like to have a huge list of options of sauces and toppings. She does have a Sweet and Sour pork pizza that I was sorely tempted to try, as well as a Teriyaki chicken one, but I didn't know how adventurous everyone would be," Angus said.

"Oh, yes. Definitely. We'll have to try that too," Marcus said. "And a Butter Chicken pizza would be great."

"Oh, good idea," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 09, 2024 11:34 pm

Aria smelled the Pizza and smiled as she saw Marcus retrieve them from outside and chuckled as Marcus asked what every one wanted to drink " I think beer too" she said Ruby on the other hand voted for a soda and chuckled as she stood up and walked over taking two pieces of pizza from different pizzas. Aria took a Hawaiian, and deluxe too sitting back down she sat cross-legged on the floor with her pizza she broke some off the Hawaiian and ate it smiling at the flavour " hey this is good, now Lizzie's Hawaiian I like" she said and smiled as she ate.

Ruby took two small pieces of margarita and cut them for the babies placing them in two bowls she placed them down in the pen for them to eat. At first they didn't know what to do but Caprice picked it up and put it in her mouth chewing on it and gigging as she chewed.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 64 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 58 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top