School Help/Advice
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

School Help/Advice Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

School Help/Advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

School Help/Advice Empty School Help/Advice

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Ok we need a topic like this, to post advice/help for exams, or general problems with school or anything like that (includes college/uni too).

Ok, first. Anyone got any revision advice? I am AWFUL at revising and it actually makes me do WORSE in exams. I need some help. Seriously.

School Help/Advice Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

School Help/Advice Empty Re: School Help/Advice

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:38 pm

I have question and PLEASE answer me!

I am from Serbia like you all know.At the age of 18 I would like to go to College as in UK so I was wondering papers I need and other stuff.How I do it at all?
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:50 pm

First thing to consider, money. I don't know what the exchange rate is but it could be expensive.
You need foreign student papers, I'd google it probably, for that. Then you need to go to www.ucas.co.uk to look at courses, etc. decide what univerisites to apply for & such. I'd look at UCAS before anything else, to check there is something you want to do, then go into detail for foreign student stuff. Sorry I can't be of more help but as I live over here I don't do the foreign student stuff a lot!!

On the subject of uni/college, can Canadians AND Americans tell me about applying to uni/college over there please!! Thanks in advance =))

~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Lestrange Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:32 am

Jemma: Some people write answers on their hands or above their knee caps. Just study and revise keywords!! Study hard!! Do your best.

Mari: Um what Jemma said...
Nikki Lestrange
Nikki Lestrange

Number of posts : 6103
Special Abilities : Legilimency, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:26 pm

For an American College

It really depends where you are going and what you will be studying. Each college or university has different set rules to apply. Also different requirements for admission. You would have to look at what the school you would liekt to attend requires and supply that information.

I hope that helps. Any more questions just let me know.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:50 pm

Yeah I would like to know how much financial support I'll need?
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:57 pm

Depends on the college. It can very from a little to huge amounts. Do you have any schools in mind?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Zoe: Umm, a good college? All I know is one quite North, good in maths/chemistry. Will apply for scolarship.

Mari: You may do, I don't know what foreign student fees are like. Also, I don't think the UK gives out scolarships to people from other countries, but I could be wrong.

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Its hard to say what a school will do or not until you actually look at one and see what they offer. One might offer more than another.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top