Professor Wilson's grades
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Professor Wilson's grades Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Professor Wilson's grades

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Professor Wilson's grades Empty Professor Wilson's grades

Post by James William Wilson Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:19 am

ADEN WILLIAMS - GRYFFINDOR

Sad, this boy has not shown up and has thus left me with no other choice than to give him 0 points for his ''task''. Even I, as Head of Gryffindor House have to give him 0 points and point out that, although he is my student, he should be disqualified from the Tournament.

Final points: 0/10

ABBEY DAWN - HUFFLEPUFF

The first paragraph was rather interesting, but, as we all make mistakes, this post is no excuse. But, there are also some good sides which I will mention. Firstly, Abbey Dawn is the youngest of them all, a third year, still inexperienced in some parts of magic. The description of the task was to brilliant, that I myself could have truly imagined a small, scared, third year girl entering such a maze, which is the part I find most interesting. The obstacles Miss Dawn described were smart, yet did not respect the rule of using riddles, but still, they were interesting enough to read. The only thing that I have to criticize about the obstacles is the lack of them. The formal part of the first part is satisfactory. To conclude, Miss Dawn has shown a great deal of courage and a brilliant talent for writing, adding to it a dose of true 'third year' magic (read creativity), making only one mistake in not making her obstacles better.
Part One: 3.5/5

The second part was the answer to the riddle. Although the riddle, a reworked version of the famous Russell paradox, was hard to solve, the creators of the tasks knew it, though, all of them have managed. Out of all three contestants, Miss Dawn was the only one who has presented the Sphinx with a correct answer. There were either two separate, or one unique answer. Since Miss Dawn took option number one, she got one part of the answer correctly. Although that would not suffice for the full quantity of points, I shall be free enough to award the the whole cake, only because she was able to present the Sphinx with a correct answer, although it was not full.
Part Two: 4/4

The final part was the easiest of all and I will not be such a dictator and lower the points of the contestants with a low grade in Part Three.
Part Three: 1/1

Abbey had, to conclude, a brilliant post, not too long, but precise and she deserved this grade as it is.
Final Grade: 8.5/10

CHRISTABELLE WHITTLE - RAVENCLAW

The first part was better, more mature, but that is expected from a upper year student, isn't it? Again, no riddles, no mind games, just plain old obstacles, which again calls for point deduction, not much though. It is much more longer and descriptive, adding a better insight in the inner state of the character, which is something I value. In all, a very good post, not short, not too long, the only thing I have to object to are the obstacles, but then again, no one got that right.
Part One: 4/5

The answer to the riddle... well I have already said that Miss Dawn got a part of the answer right, and that she is the only one to do so. Miss Whittle's answer was smart, a good and interesting opinion, but a little naive, which is why the grade will be like it is.
Part Two: 2/4

Again, what I have said in Miss Dawn's evaluation, the third part is the easiest and will therefore not be fault for losing any points.

To conclude, a very good post, mature and more... grown-up, but that is what was expected from a higher year student.
Final Grade: 7/10

SELWYN THORFIN - SLYTHERIN

The first part which Mr. Thorfin presentet to us was intriguing indeed. Visually brilliant, divided into chapters, thumbs up! The length of the post was more than satisfactory, but a little confusing, because all of the text. The tasks were ingenious, complex, but still... they were not according to the rules - riddles. Nothing else to add for this particular paragraph, just to say - excellent work lad.
Part One: 4.5/5

The second part was a disappointment. You know when you get your hopes up and think... this is the winner, and then... wow, I have made a mistake. That happened here. A brilliant first paragraph was, in my opinion, ruined by such a mediocre answer. A typical Slytherin stream of consciousness resulted in such a terrible answer. Although the Sphinx let him pass, I was truly disappointed. The grade will be in accordance to my opinion.
Part Two: 1/4

Again the same story with part three, although I do have to praise Mr. Thorfin for this post, which was on the level of the first one.

To conclude, a well done task, indeed, the only thing that I have to object about is the answer to the riddle, for which I excepted more.
Final Grade: 6.5/10

FINAL SCORE:

1. Abbey Dawn - 8.5/10
2. Christabelle Whittle - 7/10
3. Selwyn Thorfin - 6.5/10
4. Aden Williams - 0/10
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top