Charms
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Charms Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Charms

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charms Empty Charms

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:04 am

(Start of Term Not Started)

All Students will be taught by Professor Flitwick
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Charms Empty Re: Charms

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:10 am

My name is Professor Flitwick and I am currently working on your first lesson which will commence very shortly. On the first lesson, there will be a passage in which you have to read and questions in which you have to answer. Correct answer will award you house points while misbehaviours will cause points from your house to be taken away.

Please read the following inroductions to Charms classes.

Charms: An Introduction

The subject of charm concerns with types of magic spell concerned with giving an object new and unexpected properties. Some charms are essential for everyday living in magical community such as Summoning, Banishing Charms, the Hover Charm and Shield Charm. Some charms can be extremely powerful, such as the fidelius charm.

Charm classes are reputed to be notoriously noisy and chaotic, as the lessons are largely practical. However some rules such as no swearing and etc (you know the rest) applies, and severe punishment will be given to those who violate these rules. Points are gained from answering questions correctly in class and handing in homework on time.

I look forward to see you all on the first lesson

Regards
Prof. Flitwick
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:30 am

LESSON I

It was a beautiful and bright morning at Hogwarts. The charms classroom was full of chatter of excited first years, who did not notice that the tiny Professor Flitwick was standing there.

"AHEM!" The room fell silent.

"Good moning class! Welcome to your first ever charms lesson. Today we are learning about the Accio Charm, which im sure, most of you would know very well. Now please copy this down from the board into your notes and answer the questions at the end...and yes that means you too Goyle!"

SUMMONING CHARM
The summoning charm is one of the most useful charm invented in wizarding history. It allows the caster to summon an object of his/ her desire. The Accio charm was invented in 107 BC in Romania, by a Brittish Wizard called Roonil Wafflefoot. The discovery of Accio charm happened when Roonil was at a tavern, pouring salt and pepper to his dragon steak dinner. Roonil was looking at his bowl of soup when he accidentally sniffed bits of pepper and sneezed "ACHIOO!" instead of achoo! which caused his bowl of soup zoomed straight into his palm, from then on, the charm rapidly became popular within the Romanian wizarding community and eventually spread to the rest of the world.

How to cast the accio charm:

1.The most crucial step in summoning is to think very hard about the object to be summoned and push other thoughts away from within your mind. (The feeling of desperation for the object found to be very effective tool in summoning charm.)
2. Point your wand to the sky or to the rough direction of the object of desire.
3. Loudly and clearly say the incatation "ACCIO". (Screaming the incatation found to be effective)

Homework Questions

WARNING: Answers are to be written in a PM which will be addressed to "Professor Flitwick". Giving out your answer in post reply will be count as cheating and 10 points will be taken from the offender's house.

1. In what year did the summoning charm invented? (1 point)
2. Explain, IN YOUR OWN WORDS how did the summoning charm invented, (2 points)
3. What is the most important step in casting a summoning charm (2 points)
4. Who invented the Summoning charm and what country did he orginated from? (1 points)

ESSAY (ANSWER TO BE POSTED IN POST REPLY)

5. Write a short roleplay about yourself in the classroom, trying to attempt the summoning charm. I want at least one paragraph! (4 points)

The Roleplay may be posted in post reply
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Adebola Adeagbo Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:57 am

Professor i know i said i was going to be in your class but i cant because of my job sorry.
Adebola Adeagbo
Adebola Adeagbo

Number of posts : 1551

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:04 am

Not to worry mate, job is more important than my classes Very Happy, but if you can find time to do this, I do welcome extensions request on homework and such if you would like to. Just give me a PM.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:12 am

Andrian pulled out his wand at the book behind Prfoessor Flitwick and shouted "Acio!" but nothing happen then he cleared his troat and tried again " Accio" he said allitle too low and then tried is third attempt then shouted " Accio!" as he florished his wand abit more then he did before casuing one of the book to zoom toward him and he caught the book before it could hit him on the face, "Wicked" Andrian said with a suprise mood on his face, " I done it Professor wanna see me do it again?" he said happily
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:32 am

Excellent Andrian! You have received full mark on your practical work but im afraid you have to put more work on your theory as OWL consist of not only practical test but also theory examination paper. Your homework is marked 7/10 and that earns you an A (acceptable) grade and also

14 points for Gryffindor!
and further 2 points for Gryffindor (first one to hand in his work)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:44 pm

Jemma entered the classroom, and saw that they were doing summoning charms.
She pointed her wand at a book in the corner and yelled, "Accio!". Nothing happened. She tried again, and the book came towards her but dropped in mid-air.
A little disheartened, she thought of the book, just the book, nothing else, and said solemnly, "Accio".The book zoomed across the room and knocked her over, into a pile of cushions. She jumped up and yelled "I did it, I did it!" and lept around the classroom.

Charms Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:19 am

magical malteaser has answered all questions correctly in her theory work. In practical work, she demonstrated an excellent understanding in mastering the summoning charm, which award her perfect score of 10/10. By OWL standard, she scored an O (Outstanding) grade, which means, its

20 points to Hufflepuff
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:32 am

Jaden comes in the classroom, stopping. " May I participate? I assume we are learning the summoning charm. My studies tell me that exclamating the name of said desired object after incantation would help. For example, [i]Accio quill![i]" A quill flies up into Jaden's hand. " If you summon an object without the name of the object, sometimes You don't know what'll come to you. Amirite?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top