TAYLOR, Bobby Agba
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

TAYLOR, Bobby Agba Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

TAYLOR, Bobby Agba

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TAYLOR, Bobby Agba Empty TAYLOR, Bobby Agba

Post by Bobby Taylor Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:39 am

TAYLOR, Bobby Agba INSERT CHARACTER PICTURE URL HERE

Bobby Agba Taylor
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Bobby Agba Taylor

NICKNAMES: Bigwig (Prefers this before his actually name.)

ALLEGIANCE: None

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Gryffindor

CLASSES: Transfiguration and Care of Magical Creatures

WAND: 16 inch, holly with a hippogriff feather core, swishy

PLAY BY: None.

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: Pitch black.

EYE COLOR: Mud brown.

HEIGHT: 6'0"

BODY TYPE: Tall, thin, long limbed, slender, etc.

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Bigwig isn't his nickname name for nothing. At the top of his head is a hair style thaat is completely unforgetable. His dark black har is shaved thin at the sides but it it very tall at the top. Almost like a dark hat that he wears everywhere. Despite his very dark brown skin, he has pearly white teeth that are set perfectly. Having much pride in his teeth, he is constantly smiling even in the darkest of times. This tall boy's arms almost can reach down to his knees and large, mit like hands are attatched to the bottom of them. Considering his large limbs, he is very thin and lean. Traveling down his body, to leg's extend from him like tall tree roots that reach all the way to the ground, planted firmly in all of his surfaces he touches. At the end of his root like legs, a pair of extremely large feet travel very swiftly from all the locations he wishes. This kid is clearly something different compared to others, despite his skin color.

PERSONALITY

GOOD TRAITS:
    ~Friendly
    ~Kind
    ~Helpful
    ~Humerous
    ~Loyal

BAD TRAITS:
    ~Trouble-maker
    ~Clown
    ~Quick to react
    ~Stubborn
    ~Very competetive

CHARACTER LIKES:
    ~Animals
    ~Racing/Jumping
    ~Muggle Activities/Sports
    ~Competing
    ~Joking
    ~Pulling Pranks

CHARACTER DISLIKES:
    ~School
    ~Predjudice people
    ~Professors
    ~"Stick in the mud" people

GOALS:
    ~To get out of Hogwarts as soon as possible.
    ~Be a normal muggle.
    ~(Not exactly planning on anything. He is a guy who goes through the motions.)

QUIRKS:
    ~Constantly running his finger's through his tall hair.
    ~Always doddling on anything. Desks, books, himself, etc.
    ~Has a tendancy to be a procrastinator in school work.

BOGGART: Bigwig's greatest fear is of his mother so the Boggart forms to his mother when it appears.

PATRONUS: Bigwig's greatest memory is when he was playing football with his father when he was young.

DEMENTOR: Bigwig's worst memory is when his father died before his eyes in a car crash that Bigwig survived without any injuries.

VERITASERUM: Bigwig's greatest secret is how his mother abuses him when he is at home and he has been told he shall never tell anyone or he will be killed.

MIRROR OF ERISED: Bigwig's greatest desire is to be able to play backyard football with his father once again.

PERSONALITY: Bobby has had a troubled life ever since his fathers death yet he reamined who he was despite his mother and the leaving of his father and has kept his humorous and loyal personality. Bobby has been establish as being hilarious and humorus sue to his father's personality as well. From his mother's side, he grew untrusting and always alert for danger from her harsh abuse. With these differenent mixtures of emotions, he has developed a kind, out going and freidnly composure and is always wanting to help.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Tim Taylor (Deceased)

MOTHER: Martha Taylor, 39

SIBLING(S): None

OTHER: Father's side of his family. Mother's side is unknown.

BLOOD STATUS: Muggleborn

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: Dirt poor.

PET(S):
    A large toad that is shrivled in age. He named him Tim Jr. after his father's death when he found the old toad at his grave one day when he stopped by.

BROOMSTICK():
    None.

OTHER POSSESSIONS:
    Basically nothing due to his mother's selfishness in the luxury of the money after his father died. Although, he managed to find a picture of his father and him holding a trophy from a football game. This is a muggle picture and doesn't move but he treasures it so dearly.

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: During his primary years, he was oblivious to the wizarding world and only wanted to be a super athlete who was a professional in any sport he has ever came in contact with. This dream still haunts his mind as he occassionally drifts off into that euphoria.
    His main inspiration and reason to live was his extraordinary father. His father and him did everything together and for odd reasons could finish each others sentences and could make the same jokes. Tim was the name of his father and he always wanted to be like him, even currently. Martha was his mother and he didn't really spend to much time hwith her considering they had nothing alike and still do. His mother is a topic that he usually leaves out of topics about his family.
    At Bobby's 10th birthday, his father and him were driving in his small car from his birthday dinner. It was late at night and they were both exhasted. Despite their exhastion, they were laughing and having the best of times. Yet, a drunk driver on the road swerved into them as the innocently cracked jokes. The driver drove a large truck and their small car was crushed on impact. Bigwig's father's head slammed through the windshield and broke his head and neck on the crash, flying through the window and hitting the ground at such force, he was forsurely dead but managed to break into a few spasms. Bobby was just jolted and ran out of the car at such speed, he was like a dark shadow in the night. Kneeling by his father who lay their motionless now, he watched as the humorous dark eyes of his father lost their light and he had died before him. Bobby was horrified and after many moments of silence and then sudden tears, his glazed his turned to the driver of the truck who was unconcious yet alive and as if magic, the driver began to splutter out blood and choke. After suffering for a long time, the ambulance finally came and the silent spell ceased. The driver was covered in blood and he was sent to the hospital immediantly while Bobby's father was silently driven away by a slow, plodding ambulance.
    Once Bobby's mother heard of the sad news, she fell into deep depression and completely abandoned Bobby. Thsi was like that for a few months and then she went mad. Taking the money that his family has been given after his father's death, she waste all the money on drugs. This was wasting their whole supply of money and she ended up broke. After the money ran dry, she began to abuse Bobby to feel better since her drugs were gone. Soon after she began to abuse him, he received the letter to Hogwarts and was sent away at once. He hasn't seen his mother since then and doesn't know if she is alive or in jail.

Hogwarts Years: This is Bigwig's second year and his first was pretty eventful. He managed to hang out with a ton of other first years last year but he has never been able to have friends due to his crude sense of humor that others have distinguished as muggle type. He knows of the other students dislike to him but he tries to prove he is worthy by pulling pranks on professors, ending up with loads of laughs and detention. He managed to pass every class by a hair and is determined his next years to do better even though his dislike for the wizarding world grows stronger. He never was interested in activities Hogwarts offered, especially Quidditch which he personally finds that any random Joe can do even though you don't have to be athletic at all do participate in. He has yet to understand the concept that it is hard work and takes skill to play the wizard game but his stubborn and ignroant attitude will most likely all him to never want to find otherwise.

Adulthood: None.

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

YOUR NAME: (I prefer not to use actual names on websites due to my privledge of privacy.)
    You can call me Bigwig though because I do love that name dearly...

RP EXPERIENCE: About three years of RPing on not very serious forums.

HOW YOU FOUND US: Forumotion.com

OTHER CHARACTERS: None.

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: Well, I have always wanted to RP in a Harry Potter forum and this is a spelendid chance for me I think. I just want to RP and have fun, ultimately I pressume.

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Bobby Taylor on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobby Taylor
Bobby Taylor
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 8

http://watershipdownrp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

TAYLOR, Bobby Agba Empty Re: TAYLOR, Bobby Agba

Post by Bobby Taylor Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:43 pm

I have completed my form alas...
(Sorry for the lack of pictures but I never was good at creating pictures that fit my description.)
Bobby Taylor
Bobby Taylor
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 am

First, welcome to PA!

Overall, I like Bobby. I think you've constructed him well, but I do have a couple questions. The average height for a 13 year old boy is roughly 5'. For Bobby to be that much larger at his young age suggests there is something else going on for him medically/genetically. He should still be growing during his teen years, in which case, he could be 7' or better by the time he's 17, and that makes him out of the norm for muggles and not by a little bit. Which suggest to me that there is some other genetic component going on for him? Not sure having him be 6' at age 13, as a muggle, is very realistic. Please revisit that piece and either make his height more reasonable for a muggle or explain the reason for his height. You'd also have to resolve how he is treated by his fellow classmates for being a foot taller than them, and, most likely, taller than most of the 7th years and much of the Hogwart staff as well.

Secondly, the other issue that seems to be not so workable for me is that if, at 6' tall, his arms hang down almost to his knees, that makes him seriously out of proportion and gives him a very ape-like appearance. I'm not sure what would make him so out of proportion to the rest of his own body, and you would also have to address the likelihood that he would be the butt of some horribly cruel jokes by a good portion of the student body.

One last thing, if he's 13, he would be a third year, unless he's been put back a year for some reason. Can you clarify that?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22572
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Taylor Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:11 am

Aye! Quite strange considering myself is of thirteen years of age and is six feet tall. My parents were extraordinarily tall and I admire their height.
Yes, and his arms are almost strangely as long as his knees and I respect that.

Aye! I did screw on that. I shall finish that inmediately.
(I actually am not too thrilled to RP. I have been under the weather lately and I kind of haven't read these books for a while so the terminology is quite difficult to comprehend yet again.)
Bobby Taylor
Bobby Taylor
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:17 am

Alright. I will accept him and sort him w/ your corrections.

Accepted and sorted into Gryffindor.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22572
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top