This is classic, really. - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

This is classic, really. - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

This is classic, really.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This is classic, really. - Page 2 Empty Re: This is classic, really.

Post by Ryo Hiroku Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:31 am

Not really finding anything he wanted to eat, not that he needed it being a Vampire and all, Ryo closed and put the menu down in front of him. He decided that he would be fine with the drink that he was going to get, knowing that Kelley would already know what he was going to order. The Ravenclaw was good at getting his order every time he came in but he was sure she only remembered it because she thought it gave her a chance with him.

Too bad it wouldn't.

Ryo wasn't much of a dater, and even if he had found the waitress attractive at one point, he didn't think of her like that anymore. Nothing against her, he just thought she wasn't really his type, not that he even really knew what his type was. He looked down at the sketch pad under his hand and he thought about when he got it. He hadn't really given it much thought but he had gotten it from a girl who was really close to him in his seventh year at Hogwarts, which was eight years ago. He had cherished it so much that he only used it when there was something really important he wanted to draw, or anything he thought would have some kind of significance.

The biggest reason why it was so important to him now was that the girl was gone. She had been a part of the Order and she had died during one of their confrontations with the Death Eaters.. and Ryo had been helpless to save her.

He shook his head, he couldn't start thinking about that now, it would only bring his mood down and he didn't want to show anyone that side of him. He looked up at Maura, snapping back from his thoughts, and laughed. "She'll always be jealous of everyone, I think." he told her. "Probably even of my sister and niece. But you're right, this isn't a date so she shouldn't worry." he agreed, the image of his younger sister and almost one year old niece now his head.

"I don't think I wouldn't fit into Ravenclaw." he admitted. "I might have been focused on my studies but I wasn't never the best student, that was probably why I had to constantly ask my friend for help. She was actually in your year I think. You were a couple years below me, right?"
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:11 pm

Maura found what she wanted to eat, it was just some chicken noodle soup she usually always gotten on rainy days, it was a bit of a weird tradition she did.  Maura been eating chicken noodle soup on cold and rainy days with the her mother since she could remember, it was a weird tradition she kept with her, even if it was weird.  Maura was too weird and odd for anyone to like her, she was too odd and bluntly honest to guys, apparently they didn't like.  Although Maura felt if you couldn't be honest, what could you be, she was down right horrible at lying.  Although most of her friends were guys, Maura didn't date much, she hardly dated at all really.

Maura was to focus in her career and job as a healer to think about dating, although what her parents told her from last night still ringing in her head. She rolled her eyes at the thought of it, putting it in the very back of her mind, not wanting to think about it again.  Maura didn't see herself dating anyone or ever being with someone for that matter, and she was perfectly ok with it, she was happy with her life how it was.  She didn't need a guy to make her happy, she had all the happiness she needed, even if people think she was odd and a loner which she was. She didn't care what people thought or said about her, she was who she was, and could care less about what people think.

As Kelley came back who glared at her, Maura rolled her eyes at the girl, one split second from telling her off.  "May I get a bowl of chicken noodle soup please and a some mint tea?"Maura asked her.  Kelley wrote down the order and marched towards the kitchen which Maura raised her eyebrows and shook her head, wow...that girl was something else,  chasing after someone who clearly wasn't interested in you.

Maura laughed. "Obviously, think she'll be jealous of the wall if it talked to you!"said Maura jokingly but half serious.   "Oh you have a sister and niece?  I have a older brother named Seth and a nephew named Logan."said Maura.  Maura spent a lot of time with her brother and nephew, she loved them to pieces, especially her two year old nephew.  

"I guess I was almost sorted into Ravenclaw because I loved reading and discovering new things, I'm very adventurous,  I took a gap year after I graduated and went several places around the world."said Maura.   Maura nodded.  "Yes I'm two years younger then you are,  so when you were a seventh year I was a fifth year at Hogwarts,  as I mentioned before I seen you in the common room at a table with a girl or by yourself studying or so."said Maura.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:51 pm

Being a Vampire made it hard to make friends, to approach anyone. Everyone was always scared that they'd be attacked, that they would be killed. That was why Ryo always tried his best to live as a human, rather than what he really was. He wished his kind had a better reputation among humans but that would never be the case, he thought, so long as bad memories and lore about them was around.

It was easy to make Vampires into the evil creatures that everyone thought they were, especially since they needed blood to survive. It made it worse that they needed human blood. Ryo wondered if that would be the ticket to getting the waitress to forget about him. The only person who had accepted him, so far, for what he was had been Rose. She hadn't been super into the idea of one of her closest friends being a Vampire at first, but then it turned out one of her cousins was a Werewolf, so she was more open to the idea of befriending magical creatures such as him.

The ex-Hufflepuff boy wanted so badly to show his fangs, to hiss and snap at Kelley, to hopefully knock some sense into her. But he knew that if he allowed that, he'd end up losing control and he could actually attack the girl. No one should have to see that side of him, not again. As Maura spoke about her brother and nephew, Ryo thought about his sister and niece though his thoughts were quickly overcome with thoughts of only his sister. He regretted what he had done to her, how things had happened and how he had been the one to turn her. He had been angry, hurt by the fact that she was always defending their father who had been the one who turned him and Ryo had lost control of himself in his rage.

He never wanted that to happened again.

He gave Maura a sad smile, his fangs peeking out from under his lips and he replied, "My sister's younger by a few years, her name's Sayuri and my niece's name is Katarina." he said softly, sadness clear in his eyes though he didn't want to admit or show any of it. But his eyes betrayed him, as they changed colors slightly with his mood. He gave her a nod, lowering his head so his eyes weren't too visible. "Yeah, I was usually trying to study by myself in the common room, but when I really needed help, I'd ask my friend Rose to help me in the Library or wherever she could as long as it was somewhere I could meet up with her.

Ryo wasn't going to lie, as he thought about Rose, he began to remember the crush he'd developed on her after she found out he was a Vampire and accepted him. But that crush had long since vanished, he thought, as he saw her rather frequently now and didn't even bat an eye when he spoke to her.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:38 am

Maura read about vampires and werewolves, she read about them in muggle books, but she thought that they made them overrated then what they were suppose to be. Of course vampires were dangerous, but they were so misunderstood by humans as well, they needed blood to survive but it didn't mean they wanted to hurt people. Although there was some vampires who were out for human blood, but some of them weren't out to hurt human.

Maura knew that everyone thought vampires were evil bloodsuckers, but some weren't as bad as people made them out to be, which was stupid in her opinion. Maura knew that people wished to be vampires, but some people didn't understand how hard it was, hell even she didn't know. All she knew is what she read about them, what she truly knew about them other then what was written in muggle books, but she was always fascinated with magical creatures of all sorts. A lot of magical creatures were misunderstood, which was quite sad she thought, but that how it was.

Maura wasn't a vampire, but she felt bad about leaving her family to travel the world for a year, but she needed to find herself, and she wasn't sure if she has still. Sure she learned a lot of things traveling the world, but she realized that she shouldn't have avoided her family, not when they were the only ones that understood her. Maura was in deep thought about that, maybe she should see her parents more, and shouldn't of went off on them. She was just tired of her parents trying to make her settle down and marry someone, she was happy with her life now, besides there wasn't guys out there that was really her type. Not that she really knew what her type was, but the guys her parents hooked her up with, she felt nothing between them, no spark or anything.

Maura smiled sadly at him sensing that talking about his sister and niece was a touchy subject for him. "Those are pretty names, much better then my name, I mean really what was my parents thinking naming me Maura?" she asked him laughing. "Are you ok Ryo? I'm sorry if talking about family is a touchy subject, I didn't mean to bring it up."said Maura. Maura nodded. "Yeah I have my friend Kace help me, he was a Gryffindor, so if I wasn't in the common room I was in the library myself."said Maura.

A slam on the table that made Maura jump up and gasped as tea and chicken noodle soup landed on her, she looked at Kelley as she smiled innocently at Maura and simply said "Oopsie so clumsy of me." Maura looked at Kelley biting her tongue to keep from saying nasty and hateful to her, but felt that the girl needed. "Thanks, maybe try not to so clumsy and get the soup and tea on the customer next time will ya?"Maura asked her as she scoffed at Maura and stormed off back into the chicken. "Oh crap this is hot!"said Maura looking down at her clothes soaked in hot tea and chicken noodle soup.

Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:14 am

"It's alright. It's not so much a touchy subject as it is a strange subject." He laughed softly, his eyes finally returning to their normal color. Strange was probably a perfect word to describe what happened when it came to his family. They weren't a normal family, not by a long shot, being a family of mostly humans turned vampires. It was a long line of pain that none of them could really hide, as in one way or another they always seemed to reveal the creatures they were.

"I personally like your name Maura." He said softly, bringing his arm up to the table to place his head on his hand and look out the window they were near. "I think it's unique. And it's a pretty name, fitting of a pretty girl." He complimented, glancing over at her for only a moment out of the corner of his eyes. He looked back out the window momentarily, blinking at his reflection as he thought about his compliment and he sincerely hoped she didn't think that'd been an attempt at flirting with her.

A bang on the table made him lift his head from his hand in surprise and look toward Maura and Kelley who had returned with her order. The sarcasm in Kelley's voice as she apologized to Maura for making her food spill all over her was so noticeable to Ryo that he sat up straight and couldn't help the anger and embarrassment that began to consume him. He watched their little exchange, his eyes turning slightly red from the disgust he felt at Kelley's overwhelming jealousy.

He watched the girl walk back to the kitchen, and was finally unable to control himself when he heard the discomfort in Maura's voice from the got food all over her. "That's it, I've had enough of her." He said, his voice low in an almost growl. He got up from his seat, walking toward the kitchen himself asking the Kelley come out to speak to him. When she came out, the wide smile pulling at the corners of her lips immediately fell as she saw the look in Ryo's eyes and the color they had become.

"I don't appreciate your unnessesary jealousy toward Maura." He told her, his eyes fixed on her.

"What? Jealousy? I'm not jealous, she's nowhere near my level, and I know she won't be able to beat me out when it comes to you." She answered, leaning forward to leave almost no space between them.

"There's nothing she has to beat out, Kelley. And I think you need to drill something into that pretty little head of yours. I. Do Not. Like you. Got it? I don't know what idea got into your head when you saw her with me, but I am not your boyfriend, nor will I ever be. And what I do with her if my business, not yours." Kelley seemed at a loss for words, tears welling up in her eyes, but she looked away without responding and walked back into the kitchen.

Ryo had tried to keep his cool as best as he could, in fact he thought he'd handled it well, but he didn't like when people who had no business butting into his life did exactly that. He sighed as he sat back down, his eyes still red and he looked at the table, his bangs falling in his eyes to hide them and their color. "Sorry about that. I just.. Had to set her straight." He told Maura, a strange smirk lighting his hidden face.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:59 am

Maura nodded. " I cant say that I understand that much, but it's a bit awkward between me and my family since I left to travel the world after I graduated, they weren't happy about it."said Maura frowning. Maura was sure that it'll never be normal between her and her family, not when they wanted her to settle down at get married and all that fun stuff, that's one of the reasons why it was so awkward for them. Maura wanted to find love on her own, although she didn't believe in love and believed it was just a chemical reaction that made people feel and act stupid, love was a stupid thing to her. Don't get Maura wrong, she loved her family, but as for loving someone else other then family, she didn't see it. Maybe it was because she never had a love of her own to make her feel that way, she didn't know, but she didn't believe in love and happy ever afters it all a bunch of fairytale talk.

Maura smiled. "Why thank you Ryo, I guess not everyone likes their name at times, even if everyone does."said Maura. "Careful now, I already have a certain girl hating me for no reason, don't need anymore because they think you're flirting with me!"said Maura jokingly before laughing. She knew that he was complimenting her, it was nothing more then that, he was just being nice. Maura looked out the window sighing. "I love rainy days, but do you think it's ever going to quit raining this hard?"Maura asked him.

Maura tried not to tell the girl off, god knows that she wanted to so badly, she was trying to be nice for once. Maura raised her eyebrows at Ryo as sat up from their table, she noticed by his posture that he wasn't happy and angry, she hid back a smirk at the sight of it as he glared at Kelley.

Maura seen the girl walk back to the kitchen and rolled her eyes at the girl, she thought it was pathetic that she was getting jealous over nothing, they were just two ex fellow house mates that met in the park. Maura seen Ryo walking towards the girl and shook her head, was this what it took for her to get the picture then so be it, she had to learn sometime that Ryo wasn't interested in her nor ever will be.

Seeing them talking, Maura decided to go to the bathroom and clean herself, there was no way she was going to have soup and tea all over her the rest of the day. She looked around before she gotten out her wand and flicked it appearing in a set of new clothes, before she walked out of the bathroom heading back to the table. One of the waiters seen what happened brought her another mint tea with chicken noddle soup. "Thank you so much."said Maura smiling politely at the guy before he walked off.

Maura eating her soup as Ryo came back, shook her head. "No it's fine, she had to learn sooner or later that you're not interested in her and never will be."said Maura. "Just be lucky that she wasn't those weird creepy stalker obsessed kind, I heard those are hard to get rid of, my brother had one and she was quite creepy and scary."said Maura.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:35 pm

"Probably not to that extent but to be fair, she knows where I live." Ryo told Maura, pushing his bangs out of his face. A hand ran through the messy blonde locks that adorned the ex-Hufflepuff's face to keep them from getting back into his eyes and he replaced his head onto his hand like he had previously done.

Kelley was a good person, she was just a tad infatuated. Maybe more than a tad, but Ryo had always shrugged it off because she had never done more than give people strange looks when he went there with them. He'd even done nothing when he'd noticed that she'd followed him home one day like a lost puppy, claiming that she lived in that direction, though he'd never seen her walk that way before. In hindsight, he'd let her get to that point because of his unwillingness to do anything about her growing obsession for him but there was nothing he could do about it anymore, especially now that he'd finally said something to her. But the damage was done and he was truly sorry that it had happened to Maura of all people.

"I'm sorry this had to happen while you were with me. I didn't think she'd actually do anything," e explained apologetically. A sigh passing through his slightly parted lips, Ryo looked out the window to see the rain continuing to fall outside. Man this is suck a drag. I love rain and all but this is a little much. he thought to himself, beginning to get lost in his thoughts as he looked out at the rain.

He supposed it was getting close to Autumn if the rain was already overcoming the sun, which to him was a good thing. He loved Fall, it was his favorite season. The only thing he hated was that Fall meant Winter would come shortly after and he wasn't looking forward to the snow and extreme cold, though it probably wouldn't have too much of an effect on him.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:11 pm

Maura laughed. "Hey she's a friend, and friends are suppose to know where you live right?  I mean if they don't, then they're not really your friends."said Maura simply.   Maura shook her head at him and laughed.  "I don't think they're going to stay like that, I think I already see them falling back into place!"said Maura jokingly.

Maura knew that the girl was probably a good person, she just liked Ryo and didn't like any other girl around him, and gotten insanely jealous when another girl was, she understood it most girls were like that when it came to their crushes.  Although like Maura mentioned to Ryo, were stalkerish and plain obsessed with the person, which was quite creepy in her opinion.  Maura never had that let alone crushes really, but she hoped to god that she didn't have a guy that was stalking her and insanely obsessed with her.  Maura didn't know if Keeley was that way with Ryo, she never knew the girl, but she could tell that she was insanely jealous over other girls.  Maura never really had crushes or much of anything that was love or lust, she was too busy with school to worry about such things, plus she didn't believe in love.  It was just a bunch of fairytale mumbo jumbo to her, she couldn't believe that some people believed in fairytales, obviously some people had their head in the clouds and haven't woken up from reality yet.

Maura shook her head. "Hey it's fine no damage done, other then hot tea and soup spilling on me, but honestly it's fine no need to apologize." said Maura.  Maura looked out the window herself and sighed at the down pour of rain that didn't seem to stop anytime soon.  "I love rain, but this down pour of water is a bit ridiculous!" said Maura.  Maura looked out the window watching the rain as it came down, she sighed and watched people running into the café here or somewhere else to get out of the rain.

Fall was Maura's favorite season as well, not too hot but not too cold, just right and she loved the changing of the leaves. Although Maura didn't mind winter although it was cold, she loved the first snow fall it was always so magical to her.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:40 am

Ryo laughed at Maura's comment. "Yeah, friend." He said. "She's not exactly a friend. Never was and never will be, especially not after what just happened." The vampire sighed, maybe he'd been too harsh but when he saw what had happened, he'd just snapped. He wasn't sure why, but the fact that she'd taken her anger out of Maura hadn't sat well with him.

Maybe it was because she just happened to be a girl that was with him. And maybe that had been why Kelley had decided to take her anger out. But there were better ways of letting someone know you were uncomfortable in a situation. If Kelley had been that bothered by Ryo's being with another girl at the cafe, she should have taken the high road and requested that another waiter or waitress help them.

It was the more mature thing to do than get angry and spill Maura's food and drink on her. Sure, it was a little food that magic could clean up easily, but it was the principle. That was why he'd finally confronted Kelley about her unrequited crush on him.

"I know you keep saying I shouldn't be sorry about it, but I can't help but feel that way. And it's embarrassing to have that happen because a girl has some dumb crush on me." He told Maura. "I don't understand what's so attractive about me to make her act like that. She's never even had an actual conversation with me to say that she likes me for something other than looks and that's annoying." Ryo hated when someone likes him based solely on looks.

He wasn't much of a dater, but whenever he did end up going on dates, he never had much luck in finding someone he liked because while they were usually attractive, their personalities were always undesirable.

Maybe it was just because he was too nice sometimes.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:09 am

Maura laughed.  "Hey I was trying to be nice, I could say that she's a crazy girl who's obsessed with you, but I was being nice."said Maura.  "Yeah that was very rude I must admit, I don't blame you for snapping though, I probably would've as well if I were you."said Maura.  Maura didn't understand why she took her anger out on Maura, she wasn't nothing but a old house mate from school, nothing more then that.  Jealousy got the best of people at times, and made them do some weird and crazy things, sometimes drove people mad.

Although Maura had a feeling that she took her anger on her because she was a girl with him that came in with him, and probably thought it was a date, seeing how it was just them together.  Although Maura thought how she handled it was immature and rude, she could have express her feelings in a different way, other then spilling hot tea and soup on her.  Maura didn't understand why she was angry at her though, she wasn't nothing special in her opinion, she was odd and ordinary in her mind.   Although she was told that she was pretty even beautiful at times, but she never thought anything of it,  she didn't see herself as any of that sort.

Although magic fixed a lot of things, Maura didn't care if her outfit was ruined, all she cared about was how rudely she was treated for no reason.  People were weird when that had crushes on some one or were in love,  it made them do stupid things as well as act stupid, which wasn't for Maura.  She didn't understand love or anything, or why it made people do stupid things, but she didn't believe in it that was for sure.  It was just a chemical reaction that made you feel those things, which people think it's love, but it really wasn't.

Maura laughed.  "I get it, just be glad that she only  has a crush on you, it can be way worse then this!"said Maura.  Maura shrugged.  "Well... you're quite the looker Ryo, you're very attractive, any girl would be stupid not to like you."said Maura.  Maura wasn't flirting with by any means, just being nice and complementing him, and telling why girls like him.   "Not to mention you have blonde hair which girls like as well, and if you have that bad boy figure to you, which I sense you do some that adds to it."said Maura.  "Ugh... someone liking me just for my looks, that bugs me, if you like me why not like me for me and not my looks? looks can be misleading!"said Maura.

Maura didn't go on many dates other then the ones her parents hook her up with, she never had luck with any, mainly because they like her because of her looks and not what's on the inside.   That was why she didn't date much, she felt majority of guys were all the same, only like you because you were beautiful and gorgeous.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum