Lecture One: Sevenths
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lecture One: Sevenths Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lecture One: Sevenths

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lecture One: Sevenths Empty Lecture One: Sevenths

Post by Keiran Hayes Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:29 am

[OOC: Sixth and Seventh year Transfiguration is optional. Your student has just completed their OWLs and then their sixth year of class. Sixth year, according to the books, is a great deal more difficult than the previous ones, and it's said that McGonagall only accepted Exceeds Expectations students into her NEWT level courses. Keiran has accepted O, EE, and A for sixth years, but if they did not do well that year, they will not be allowed to continue as a seventh year unless they had an O or an EE, and he believes that they have genuinely attempted to do their best the year before. This can be appealed by speaking to him in a separate thread, so PM me for options there.]

As the students began to file in for the last class of the day, Keiran only hoped that it would go well. If not, he didn't doubt that someone would end up being taken to the Hospital Wing provided even he was unable to fix it for them. The idea set his teeth on edge, and it told him immediately that his lesson would be on where the strict, intimidating Headmaster version of himself became visible and well-known.

Once they settled in, he held up a hand silently to draw their attention and halt the discussions they were having.

"Today's lesson will be rather dangerous, so I'm going to need to to pair up with someone that you trust. If that doesn't seem plausible, know that I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on things and will not let anything get out of hand. I've asked one of our healers to be prepared should anything go wrong, but I will certainly avoid that ever becoming the case. Understood?" He waited for nods or words of acknowledgement, but knew that he had probably frightened them enough.

"We're going to be working on Human and Cross-Species transfiguration this year, and both can be rather dangerous if done incorrectly. We are going to start with animals, but if that goes well we will attempt actual human transfiguration today. Using these birds," he said, drawing out the ones that he had conjured as examples for the previous class, he set the cage down on his desk, "we will each pick an animal that we want to change ours into. First, use an object and transfigure that into a cage, and then come up to get one of the birds. Try to stick to an animal that will fit inside of your cage, and use the spell in your book to try and change the bird into the animal in question."

"If you need assistance, let me know, but I'll be moving throughout the room once the birds are all distributed. Do try to be careful with them," he added as a warning. "I won't hesitate to take off points for indecent treatment of whichever animals we end up with today."
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 548

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top