Secrets and unknown truth revealed - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Secrets and unknown truth revealed - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Secrets and unknown truth revealed

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Secrets and unknown truth revealed - Page 2 Empty Re: Secrets and unknown truth revealed

Post by Maura Goldstein Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:56 am

Maura would swear at the amount of time she kept staring at the table, she would have burned a hole through the table at how hard she was staring at it.  Maura just though about laughing it off, all three of them will look back and laugh at this moment right?  It was just the heat of the moment thing, and they'll all three brush it off and go on with their lives as if this never happened, that was simple right? Wrong. Ryo already knew how she felt and she felt she ruined a perfectly good friendship, all because she couldn't keep her emotions and feelings to herself. She cursing to herself in her head calling herself stupid for exposing the truth, now things were ruined for the both of them.

Maura wasn't the dating type herself, she didn't believe in love or anything for that matter, it was just a chemical reaction that made people feel that way.  Although she wasn't sure what she felt about Ryo, but she didn't want to ruin a good friendship because of what she said, she didn't want that at all.  Yeah... there was no fixing this, there was too much damage to repair something like this, it wasn't a cut you could put a bandage over.

Why did she even have to admit how she felt, why couldn't she just hide it? Probably the way Hit was looking at her made her feel uneasy and expose the truth that she didn't eve know she had inside her.  The truth that she tried so hard to shutdown in the back of her mind, the truth that her best friend Anya was telling her about that she refused to believe.  She knew her best friend would be beaming with glee once she found out that she felt something for Ryo, although she wasn't sure herself what it was.

Although Ryo never told her that he was vampire, Maura kind of sense there was something different about him, but in a special unique and different way. Plus Maura noticed that he did stay inside a lot of sunny days, Maura wasn't stupid by any means, besides her best friend was a vampire herself.  

Maura been friends with Anya for as long as she could remember, she was there for Maura when no else was, Anya was like a big sister to her as well.  When everyone thought she was odd, Anya hung out with her and helped her with her studies, she soon told Maura her darkest secret and Maura being the friend she was kept it and remained best friends with her to this day. Maura knew a bit about vampires from Anya, but she wasn't afraid of them, at least her best friend Anya she wasn't, but every vampire is different.

Maura looked from Ryo to Hit as they stared at each other as if they were having a conversation with one other,  she didn't say a word and looked back down at her now hot butterbeer before taking a drink of it. Maura herself was just going to brush this off and have a good laugh about it, besides she didn't have time to be liking someone,  she was a busy healer who didn't time to be in a relationship let alone thinking about one.  She was just going to push her feelings at the back of her mind, and let them stay there until she forgotten about them.

Maura looked at Ryo and shook her head her brown curl falling in front of her chocolate brown eyes as she did.  "Don't worry about it Ryo it's ok you don't have to say you have something for me when you don't, it's ok if you don't I'll get over it, besides I don't have time to be have feelings for someone."said Maura.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Secrets and unknown truth revealed - Page 2 Empty Re: Secrets and unknown truth revealed

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:40 am

"See? I told you."

The Gryffindor half glared at Ryo at the sound of Maura's words. She hadn't wanted Maura to think Ryo wasn't interested, and it seemed like she thought exactly that. Why, you might ask? Because her idiot best friend decided to act all calm and collected about it, so calm in fact that his feelings came out sounding like he thought the entire thing was a joke. Like he didn't care about Maura in that way, even though that most definitely was not the case at all.

Hit sighed, sitting back in her seat and ran a hand through her dirty blonde hair. She held a strand of hair in her hand afterwards and began to play with it.

Without looking at Maura, she began to speak to her. "He's such an idiot. Don't take the way he said it the wrong way, Maura. He does like you, he just doesn't want to seem too interested." She let the strand of hair fall from her hand and she finally looked up, the first person she locked gazes with was Ryo again. He looked embarrassed, oh well.

"You had this coming." She told him in a serious tone. "Ryo doesn't date for many reasons, and I'm sure you have your own reasons for not dating, but there's two reasons that stand out the most for Ry." She held up her hand with two fingers pointing up, as though she were making the peace sign, and she sighed once more.

"I'll let him explain what they are, if he doesn't chicken out. If he does, I'll tell you but I want him to do it." She glanced at a wall clock nearby. "It's getting late for me, I have to head back to the Ministry. I know you don't really have to go back now, Ry, so I'll let your department know that you had something come up." She knew Ryo had already finished his work for the day from the way he'd looked when they'd met up, so she knew it would be a good opportunity to let him and Maura talk.

"Bye Maura, nice meeting you. I hope we'll get to meet up again soon." She smiled at the older girl, suddenly seeming a lot more mature than she was leading on when they'd first met. "Ry, don't mess this up." She said softly, placing her hand on his shoulder as she walked by him and left the pub.

Ryo didn't think he'd ever felt so awkward. Hit had made the mood so tense with her actions just before she left, but he knew it was to make him tell Maura the truth. He could tell, from her scent, that Maura had interacted with vampires before so it shouldn't be too hard to let her know what he was. But for some reason, he was terrified of knowing her reaction. He doubted she'd be scared, but what he was afraid of was that she'd be put off by his being a vampire.

He swallowed before looking up at Maura through the bangs that had fallen into his face. "She's right. I suck at these things. I didn't mean to sound uninterested, sorry." Damn. He I as making things even more awkward. And it was going to get worse.

"She's also right about there being two big reasons why I don't date. One is kind of hard to explain.. so you might.." Sorry, Hit. .."have to go talk to her about it. But the other is.." he trailed off, looking around. He didn't think it was a good idea to tell her in a place where so many people were.

"I'll tell you, once we leave. I don't want to say anything here." He stood up, offering his hand to her.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:49 am

What was Maura suppose to think at what Ryo said, clearly to Maura it sound like he wasn't interested in her which she understood. Maura was odd person indeed, although it was more oblivious then anything, she was always considered off and a bit weird. Although Maura was unique in her own special way, she didn't think she was odd just didn't buy into the drama that was around her, beside she didn't have time for it. She didn't get people who feed into other people's drama, she tried her best to say out of other people's drama. It was bad enough that she had it herself, she didn't need anymore of it.

Maura took a sip of her butterbeer as her medium brown curly hair with caramel highlights falling in front of her face, trying to hide how awkward she felt about all this.

Maura looked up from Hit bushing her curly hair out of her eyes as she lifted her eyebrow at her, as if she was unsure about what she said. If wasn't the she didn't trust what Hit said, she did, but she was just finding it hard to believe really. Why would he like a girl like her? she was odd and a nobody, and there wasn't nothing special about her.

Maura looked from Ryo to Hit and nodded, she did have her reasons for not dating, but they probably weren't as bad as his reasons. Maura just didn't trust people due to having trusting issues, but it was only because she didn't have a bunch of friends and didn't know who to trust now days. Besides every time she went out with a guy, she never had any connection with them or anything, so she never bothered to date. Maura nodded. "Ah. I see, I'm sure I can understand the reasons."said Maura quietly.

Maura looked from her back to Ryo again, as if waiting for them to laugh about this, she was just waiting for one of them to do so. Maura looked at the clock on the wall herself, wow... she didn't know it was that late, time sure does fly when you're talking. If you want to call it talking, more like awkward silence. Maura had things herself to do, but she was too busy enjoying her freedom to care, although she should probably get onto if she had to have it by tomorrow.

Maura looked at Hit giving her a soft warm smile. "Nice meeting you as well Hit, maybe we can meet up later on just the two of us when you have more time, sound good?" Maura offered with another smile. "See you later Hit, don't work too hard."said Maura chuckling waving bye to the young girl.

After Hit left the air in the room all the sudden gotten more tense then it did while Hit was here, it was like she couldn't breathe. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath in to calm her nerves she looked up at Ryo curiously. Tilting her head at him she observed him and seen that he was afraid of something, she just didn't know what.

Maura looked at him and flicked her curly hair out of her eyes. "It's fine really Ryo, it isn't no big deal, I'm not good at this either."said Maura honestly sighing. God can this be anymore awkward then it already is? she felt like it couldn't, but then again she was clearly wrong.

Maura looked up at him and lifted her eyebrows at him. "Um... OK... I guess that leaves me a reason for us to meet up later on then, just the two of us."said Maura. Maura looked at him and seen that whatever he was going to tell her, he didn't want to do it here.

"Um... Ok, where do you want to go that would be more private and quiet?" Maura asked. Getting up she paid for her meal and gotten up and grabbed his hand.

Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:54 pm

He felt like his mind was going a hundred miles an hour, trying to find a way to tell Maura about what he was without freaking her out. He was sure he was overreacting about it, but he had to be safe. Even if she had vampire friends, he couldn't tell how she would react if she found out that he was one.

Calm down, Ryo. It can't be that bad. You can smell another vampire's scent on her, so it shouldn't be that hard to tell her that you're one too. He was trying to calm himself down, but it seemed that everything he told himself just made things worse.

It seemed like holding Maura's hand, regardless of how brief the holding had been, made him that much more nervous too.

Once they were out of the pub, Ryo looked around quickly, trying to think of where they could go. It was the middle of the day and everyone would be everywhere, so there was no way of telling Maura without someone else finding out. He started walking though, the only place coming to mind was where they'd met. The park they'd originally met at wasn't too far away from the Leaky and he thought that there might be a chance that there wouldn't be too many people there because the sky was darkening and it looked like it was going to rain. Not to mention that it was cold as hell outside, at least for humans it was.

He released her hand, realizing that he'd still been holding onto it, and let the cold air fight against the warmth of where her hand had been.

"Do you remember back in Hogwarts, I was a seventh year so you were a fifth year, I think? There was a time when I got ridiculously upset at something and stormed out of class?" he started speaking, though his story didn't seem to have a real meaning to it. "Do you remember what we were talking about in class?"

"What are you doing? Is that supposed to make her realize what it is you want to tell her?"

"It is. If she remembers what we were covering that day, it makes it easier."

"Oh. Wait, that day-"

"Yeah. It was a class on Vampires, and the professor said something that pissed me off."

"Right. That was why you stormed off. But how'd you know she was in that class?"

"Because I'd been watching her. I was paying more attention to her writing things down than the lesson itself, until that moment."
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:27 am

Maura's mind was on high speed at the moment, it wasn't slowing down or even letting her have time to think or process what was going on around her.  Maura wondered what Ryo wanted to tell her that he couldn't tell her here, it had to be important for them to go somewhere private and quiet.

Calm down Maura, I'm sure it's nothing bad or anything, you're freaking out over nothing. Maura thought to herself.  Although was she honestly freaking out about nothing, she honestly didn't think she was but who knew, but she didn't think so.  Whatever Ryo had to tell, her she could handle it she was sure of it.

Maura looked down at him holding her hand, although it oddly felt right,  it made her even more worried about what he was going to tell her.

Maura looked at Ryo confused to as what he was doing, but then she realized that he was looing for a place them to talk.  Following him, Maura realized that they were at the park the place where they'd met, for some reason she couldn't help but not to smile at where they were.  It seems like yesterday she was walking her dog Max when he decided to be extra friendly towards Ryo,  they ended up talking in the small café that was also not far from here, which lead them to becoming good friends.  Good friends... yeah now where that leave us? Maura thought to herself.  She couldn't help but not to wonder, now that their feelings were out in the open, where did it leave them? Maura was greatly confused by how things were now.  She didn't want to ruin a perfectly good friendship with him, but then again it was hard to hide how you felt about someone.

As he released her hand Maura shivered as the cold air rustled around them making Maura pull her jacket closer around her.

Maura nodded. "Yeah I remember that, you got so pissed off that you told off the professor and stormed out of the class if I wasn't mistaken, I was going to go after you but you were already gone."said Maura.  "Yeah we were talking about vampires, I remember taking notes because I wanted to ask my best friend Anya about it."said Maura.

"But what does that?" all the sudden she stopped as she realized what he was going with this.   "Wait the reason why you walked out because  what he said pissed you off didn't it?"Maura asked him.  "Ryo are you telling me that you're a vampire?  I don't care if you are, kind of sense something was different about you."said Maura.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:21 am

You know if you say that you're going to sound like a perv.

Ryo wanted to laugh at that, but it was so true that the thought actually disgusted him. As a teenager, he would have said what he wanted to say without thinking about the consequences but now that he was older he was always making sure that what he said didn't have any negative results.

Not that it meant everything was always positive.

"Bingo." That was his only response as he continued walking. He was sure no one else had heard her say that, and even if they had they were clearly too busy going about their own business to actually notice. Or maybe they just didn't care. That was totally a possibility but it was one that Ryo knew he couldn't always count on. There could be people just waiting for someone like him to make a mistake so they could kill him.

That meant that it was possible they would kill those around him just because they were around him. Because they knew what he was. In that case, shouldn't he already be dead? He was sure there were people in the Ministry who hated creatures like him, and since he had already registered as being a vampire, it was hard to believe no one had attempted anything already.

Then again, those files had to be kept private, he thought.

"It's easy for humans to think they know everything about us, when they really know nothing. The guy had no idea about what he was talking about. So it pissed me off." Ryo explained. "Don't tell anyone about this though, as of now only you and Hit know about it. You know, besides Ministry people who should know about it." He stopped walking after reaching the park. The vampire looked at the large brass gates that adorned the entrance and he sighed.

"It seems like we came here for no reason." He moved his gaze away from the gates and looked down at Maura, feeling his nervousness come back. He'd forgotten all about the whole feeling part of why he was telling her what he was, and now that it all came back to him, he felt like he was going to drown in those feelings. "At the very least I got this out. And judging by the amount of vampire scent you have on you, I'm assuming it's safe to say i can trust you." He added with a smirk lifting a corner of his mouth, finally revealing the fangs he usually tried so hard to hide.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:54 am

Ugh... why are emotions and feelings so hard? I feel like a teenager again not able to control these emotions or feelings!

Maura always spoke her mind when she felt it was necessary, most of the time it lead her to trouble.  Although now that Maura was older, she learned to hold back her tongue, although sometimes she couldn't no matter how hard she tried.

Although with Maura being as odd as she was, or as people say she didn't have to deal with much of people's drama.

Maura looked at him and lifted her eyebrows at him and frowned, did he think she was going to be scared or so? Hell she had a best friend that was a vampire, she wasn't scared of them or at least her best friend and now Ryo she wasn't. Maura looked around it seems like everyone was too busy with their daily life to worry about what she said, or they simply didn't hear her none the less she was quite glad. She knew that their were people out there to kill Ryo and Anya because of what they were, she wished that people could see that vampires and magical creatures weren't  all bad as people make them.

Maura knew that at the ministry they kept track of magic creatures they had to right, how else were they allowed in Hogwarts and all that right?  Or so Maura thought, she honestly didn't know, but she knew there were more vampires and werewolves out there she wasn't stupid.

Maura nodded.  "I'm sorry Ryo, just everyone thinks all ya'll are dangerous bloodsuckers that are dangerous, but not all of them are as bad as everyone makes them out to be."said Maura.  "What gets me is what muggles think of vampires, they are so wrong about them it's ridiculous."said Maura shaking her head.  "I won't tell anyone about what you are I promise, your secret is safe with me."said Maura.

Maura looked at the fence and sighed herself.  "Seems like we have, although I have a nice place we can be alone if you want to talk some more."said Maura.  The awkwardness coming back between them, which made Maura nervous to be around him. Maura looked at him and laughed.  "Of course you can trust me silly, what kind of question is that?"Maura asked him smirking.  "Come on we can go to Primrose hill and talk you want it isn't far from here besides I don't think anyone will be there in this weather."said Maura.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:24 am

"I know what all of you think we are!"

Her words had hit a nerve. He clenched his teeth, looking away from Maura and at the ground. He hadn't meant for that to come out that way, not at all, but it was hard to remain calm when something like that was said to him, even if it wasn't aimed at him. He knew what humans thought of vampires, werewolves and all other creatures like him.

"I- I didn't mean to yell. I'm sorry." he covered his eyes with a hand, taking a deep breath to try to calm himself. "I know we have a bad name thanks to a few of us who like to think they can do whatever they want because we're a little stronger than humans are." He swallowed hard, not wanting to accidentally scare Maura. He dropped his hand from his eyes and finally looked at her again.

"I know you don't think that about us, otherwise you wouldn't hang around a vampire. What muggles think.. honestly doesn't get me as bad as what wizards think. Muggles actually know little to nothing about us, we're more like fairy tale creatures to most of them. Wizards know we're real and they treat us like monsters." he explained softly, not wanting to raise his voice even though he was getting angry again.

He nodded, trying to force a smile for her to keep himself in check. "Yeah, why not, you're probably right and t's probably better than the park right now." he said, motioning for her to go first. "Lead the way."

He was relieved that she'd said she would keep his secret, Hit had been right. They'd argued over him telling her a couple of times before and if it hadn't been for her being there that day, he honestly had no idea when he'd have ended up telling her what he was. She would've probably found out in a bad way, if he had to guess and then he'd really have no idea how she'd have reacted.

Girls hated being lied to, after all.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:32 am

Maura jumped back little and let out a small squeak. Apparently she hit a nerve with him, and one that she didn't mean to hit with him but did. She knew how badly vampires were treated due to being best friends with Anya, she knew how hard it was for them to be called that name, because she knew that all vampires weren't all the same. Maura looked away looking at the clouds in the sky watching them as they moved around forming different shapes.

"I-It's fine... you had every right to get angry, hell I would to if someone said that to me and I was vampire even if it wasn't aimed at me."said Maura. "Um... yeah I never met ones like that yet, hopefully I never do so far I know of you and Anya and she isn't like that. Maura looked from the sky back at him and back at the sky avoiding him. She decided to let him be until he calmed down a bit more, although she didn't see that happening anytime soon.

"O-Of course I don't think that I just know what y'all are called and it's just unfair to the ones who aren't like that, because it makes the ones like you and Anya look bad."said Maura sighing. "You're right about that, a lot more beter then what witches and wizards think."said Maura. "Y-yeah I know, it isn't right or fair."said Maura quietly.

Maura lifted her eyebrow at him knowing that his smile was fake, but she didn't say anything as she started walking. "Yeah it's one of my favorite places to go, not many people know of it really."said Maura. Leading the way she remained quiet not saying a word to him her mind focus on going to the hill.

After a few minutes of walking, Maura lead them to a small hill that over looked the city. "Here we are."said Maura flopping down on the grass looking out before her. Maura loved this hill, she came here a lot to think or just to get away from things, plus the view was beautiful at night. It was the best place to see the stars and get away from the city lights.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Primrose Hill was a place that Ryo had heard about before, but had never made the attempt to go to. It seemed to be a popular place for some girls (even though Maura said a lot of people didn't know about it) though Ryo had never really understood why, he never asked. He thought it was a good thing to finally be able to go, but he didn't think he'd think much of it when they got there.

He looked at Maura when they reached the hill and she sat down on the grass beneath their feet. Ryo remained standing as he stared out at the city before them, the cold wind blowing his blonde hair back. His hands were placed into his pockets subconsciously and his jacket moved with the breeze as well.

"This place is actually pretty nice." He said softly, still trying to sound as cool as ever. He meant it though, the view and the hill itself were nice, he just wasn't the type to gush about it to anything (besides Hit, that is). He finally decided that his legs were going to get tired from standing so he crouched down beside Maura. That was real smart, your legs get tired but you just crouch down instead of sitting down.

Ryo was smart, promise.

He was interested in the view that was before both them, but he found himself more interested in looking at Maura for some reason. He needed to stop that so he didn't seem weird. But then again, he was a little odd anyways, so Maura would just have to get used to it.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum