limping from the aftermath - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

limping from the aftermath - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

limping from the aftermath

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

limping from the aftermath - Page 5 Empty Re: limping from the aftermath

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:09 pm

This was not easy for Alexander, which meant he was putting in the work. Teddy wasn't naïve enough to think one conversation could solve everything... but it had not been long after their last talk that Alex had made this decision to attempt an apology.

Teddy nodded. "It sounds like you did get angry, and maybe lashed out? Which would, of course, make Miss Kane less likely to believe your intentions, don't you think? Not excusing the violence, just explaining where I think this might have gone wrong."

He sat back. "Personally, I think you'd be best to give Miss Kane and her friends some space. Not only for their sake, but for your own. Maybe one day you can apologize when she feels more comfortable. But she's made it pretty clear now that she'd rather you not engage with her. Does that sound fair?"
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 265

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:36 pm

Alexander let out a sigh and offered another nonchalant shrug in response. "Maybe I should have just stayed at my own table and let it go," he mused with a hint of regret in his voice. "But now Lily's mad at me too."

Frustration etched across his features, Alexander took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling, biting his lip in contemplation. He wasn't used to feeling helpless like this, and it was starting to wear on him. "Lily was mad at me, I didn't like that feeling, being at odds with Lily, more than being angry with Kane," he admitted, his voice tinged with vulnerability.

He paused for a moment, unsure why he was confiding in Teddy and sharing his innermost thoughts. "I guess," he said, trailing off as he tried to make sense of his conflicting emotions.
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:59 pm

Teddy nodded in agreement at Alex's assessment, happy to hear the boy has figured out what he could have done better. And to do so less with anger and more with regret gave Teddy even more hope.

At the mention of Lily, Teddy's eyes started to narrow before he forced a more neutral expression, fighting that brotherly urge to explore exactly why Lily Potter was so important to this troubled boy. He had to keep his professor hat on though, he could pull the brother hat on when he spoke to Lily later on.

"Well it always hurts when a friend is disappointed in us," Teddy said. "I don't know how close you and Miss Potter are, so I'm not sure if she'd be open to an apology. Perhaps you can also prove to her that you know you were wrong and that you've changed. That may open up a conversation and you can practice apologizing with expecting anything in return."

He paused. "I know this isn't easy, or fun. Growth rarely is. It's why they're called growing pains. You learned a rather painful lesson today."
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:14 pm

When asked about his relationship with Lily, Alex replied with a tinge of sadness in his voice, "We were almost friends, but we drifted apart after someone told her about the fight between Kane and me. We used to work together on potions, but not anymore." He avoided eye contact and stared at his hands, feeling a jumble of emotions he couldn't quite identify. "I had hoped we could have been friends," he added softly. He then looked up at the authority figure in front of him, resigned to his fate. "So, are you going to expel me now? If that's the case, we might as well get it over with," he said, his voice heavy with acceptance. "There isn't really a point in sending my parents letters to inform them. They wouldn't show up anyway."
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:22 pm

Teddy regarded the boy thoughtfully.

"Lily is more patient that most," Teddy advised, less as a professor and more as someone who knew the brunette well. "Don't give up there. Show her you know what you did."

Ah, yes, onto the next bit. Delicious irony that both students had assumed expulsion was warranted, perhaps they were more alike than they considered. He did not want to confirm the boy's suspicions that his parents would not respond, Teddy had already learned as much.

"I'm not going to expel you," Teddy said. "You were not violent, though you did use words that weren't appropriate." He squinted. "You enjoy potions?" He picked up the tonic the matron had given him. "What sounds more interesting? Would you rather help Professor Doyle reorganize the potions supply storage, or help the hospital wing by helping brew some of the potions they need here?"
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:38 pm

Alex was taken aback by Professor Lupin's response. He couldn't believe that he wouldn't be expelled, given that this was the third time he had been in trouble for something related to Kane in such a short period of time. "I actually enjoy brewing potions," he said with a shrug. "Although managing the supply room would be quite the undertaking." Alex fell silent for a moment, staring down at his hands. He then spoke up again, his voice tinged with bitterness. "I take it they didn't respond to your first owl," he said, knowing the answer already. His mother was likely off somewhere getting pampered with expensive beauty treatments, while his father was busy ingratiating himself to some wealthy business associate.
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:11 pm

There was a slight shift in the boy when he was given his options and Teddy wasn’t sure how much of it was his interest in potions and how much was the relief the punishment wasn’t worse. Teddy had felt right giving the girls the option to choose and felt maybe it could be a good lesson in agency for the Greengrass lad.

“Well, at the risk of being greedy, why don’t we say both,” Teddy said, smiling. If they go well, perhaps Professor Doyle or the matron will write you a letter of recommendation when you graduate. It could be good for you to focus your time on your interests rather than on your peers.”

Teddy didn’t want to confirm the truth, but he also didn’t want to lie. “I haven’t heard back from them, no,” Teddy said. “Some parents don’t take much stock in a professor’s letter though. The Headmaster may reach out, just to let them know what is going on. I…” he considered his words. “Listen, I may not fully understand. My parents died before I was old enough to know them, but the people who raised me were great. But I had to grow up and take care of myself earlier than most have to. I wish I could make it so every parent could be the parent their children need, but we’re all imperfect people. That said, if you ever need someone to talk to, an adult, my door is always open.”
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:55 pm

Alex nodded in agreement, “I can do both.” it was more than fair that he had to, he deserved so much more, including being sent home to the empty house. Where the steps echoed and the only enjoyment was in the chaos he caused. the only noises those of Alex and the house elves. “It’s not your status Professor. They won’t answer.” he repeated himself again solemnly. “I’m sorry.”
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:38 pm

Teddy nodded in agreement. "I'll let Professor Doyle know."

Alexander's certainty of his parents' apathy was heartbreaking, and Teddy found himself wishing there was a way to console the boy. But there were likely only two people who could make him feel better, and they weren't answering owls right now.

Teddy smiled a bit sadly. "I'm sorry too." He took a beat before standing. "I'll check with the matron to see how long you should be here."

He stepped away and spoke with the matron, checking in about Alexander's care as well as the arrangement for him helping brew tonics.

He returned and stood at Alex's bed. "Okay, she'd like you to stay for an hour or so to ensure you don't have any head injuries. She'll chat with you to arrange helping stock them up on pain potions and tonics, she seems very eager to have your help."

After a moment's hesitation, he reached out and placed a hand on Alex's shoulder. "I believe you can do it. You're a determined young man, you still have so much time to get on a path that brings you happiness and security. And... I'll let Lily know you're trying. I'm guessing she already knows."

He squeezed the boy's shoulder and made for the door.
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:52 pm

Alex was unable to say anything else, so he simply nodded in response to Teddy's words. He looked down at his hands, fidgeting with his thumbs nervously. When Lupin returned and addressed him, Alex looked up and tried to give the man his full attention. "Thank you," he said softly, feeling grateful for Lupin's intervention. As Teddy left, Alex watched him go, a pang of sadness hitting him as he disappeared from view. Irrationally, he couldn't help but worry about Teddy being around, even though he had reassured him he would be available if he ever needed to talk.
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top