A Walk in the Night (Darren) - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Walk in the Night (Darren) - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Walk in the Night (Darren)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Walk in the Night (Darren) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Walk in the Night (Darren)

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2009 10:08 pm

"Oh, I am only a sixth year Ravenclaw." She sighed, wondering what it would have been like to be in Slytherin. After all, her entire family had been in Slytherin. But, they accepted Ravenclaw as second best.

"Thank you." She smiled beautifully up at him, scooting her sketchbook closer to him. "I only draw people right now. I am not very good at landscapes . . . yet."

She paused for a moment, biting her lip. He had a nice face structure, and she really liked his lips.

With a tremulous grin, she murmured, "Do you think that I could draw you?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed May 13, 2009 9:11 pm

Darren wondered why she was sighing, he would of liked being a sixth year, he didn't want to graduate. Or maybe she was just sad she was in Ravenclaw. Personally, if he hadn't been in Slytherin, he would probably of dropped out or something, but he guessed Ravenclaw wasn't too bad. Far better than Gryffindor or Hufflepuff anyways. His family had of course, all been in Slytherin. In fact, Salazar Slytherin was his ancestor.

Smiling back slightly, he didn't respond when she said she didn't know how to make landscapes. Besides for having no reply for that, he really wasn't that interested.

Alarmed when she asked if she could draw him, he was starting to have second thoughts about talking to her. He wished he would of just left and not bothered going towards her. Well, he couldn't change it now. If he left or refused it would be quite rude. "Sure, whatever.." he said, shrugging.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 1:22 am

"You do not have to be nearby for me to draw you," she said, smiling while noticing his discomfort. "I will just need to watch you for a few moments. We do not have to do it now."

Catalina tried to keep her voice calm and captivating, attempting to keep him interested in the conversation, but she could see the boredom.

"So, what are you planning to do after Hogwarts?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri May 15, 2009 9:54 pm

"Oh, thats good." Darren said, relieved. He had been expecting to sit in front of her for a while, that would of been extremely boring. "Ok go ahead."

Shrugging, Darren wasn't really sure what he wanted to do. He got good grades, and was taking every subject, so he could do nearly whatever job he wanted. Still, he doubted he would get the chance, most likely he would be forced to go into the Death Eaters again. "I dont know, I guess I'll join the Death Eaters again," he told her, not really caring about her reaction. It wasn't as if he wanted to be a death eater, he had to.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 2:39 am

Catalina conceded, her eyes tracing over the outline of his jaw, the structured chisel of his lips, and the curve of his eyes. She glanced down at his hands for a moment, gazing at their strength before smiling.

"I really like your hands." She looked up into his eyes before grinning beautifully again. She didn't care if he thought her odd.

His answer shocked her, and she examined his face again. No interest sparked in his eyes at the thought of being one of Voldemort's servants. He did not want it.

"If you do not want to be a Death Eater, why join them? Why not do something you would die for? Or something that you would risk everything for? Something that you are passionate about?" Her blue eyes glistened, the moon making them shine like a glimmering ocean of dazzling sapphires.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat May 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Darren feld slightly uncomfortable as she looked at him intently. Raising his eyebrows when she complimented him, he rolled his eyes, though getting more uncomfortable.

Glad to have something to talk about, he decided to explain it to her. It was rather confusing. "I don't want to join the Death Eaters, but I have to. The.. Dark Lord will make me join, right now he can't cause I'm at Hogwarts, but later he'll hunt me down. I'm sure of that." he said grimly. "But if I had the choice... I'd probably be an auror."
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 9:11 pm

She noticed she was making him feel awkward, so she looked away from him and flipped to a new page in her sketchbook. Without looking up for a moment, she drew the outline of his face's shape, lightly pushing her pencil onto the white paper.

Listening to his story, she waited for him to stop before gazing up at him, an unanticipated fervor suddenly erupting in her eyes.

"No one can make you do anything without your consent, Darren." She paused, staring deep into his eyes. "You will always have a choice."

She smiled. "I have thought of being an Auror myself. It seems fitting, does it not, to pick a job that you would die for? Whether it be a Death Eater or an Auror, one could still die for either. But, then there is the matter of the cause. But, I suppose each individual has to make that choice on their own."

Catalina looked back down, beginning to draw the shape of his eyes. She first sketched out the lines surrounding the eyes, and then the lids, before she began on the inside of his uninterested orbs. Maybe she could add a sparkle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue May 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Darren watched her draw for a while before replying. "I don't have a choice," he said flatly. "I left before once and he killed my whole family. My parents and my sister." He said it as if without emotion, as if he didn't care much. He did though, of course. He just never showed his emotions to anybody. "And if I leave he'll kill my best friend too," he added, extremely bitterly. It was for that reason he was going back to the Death Eaters after graduating.

Darren nodded, though looking at her, he didn't think she was really the auror type. Though he was judging way to fast, he didn't know anything about her. He tended to to judge people very quickly. "Yeah well like I said, I doubt I'll ever be an auror so it doesnt really matter," he said. Glancing back at her drawing of him, he was surprised to see she had already drawn a lot, and well too. The eyes were drawn perfectly.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 11:43 pm

Catalina disagreed completely. Without looking up, she said, "Darren, you will always have a choice. Unless you are under the Imperius Curse, and then you could fight that, but that is besides the point." She paused, snapping her head up when she heard the comment about his family. She had never been confronted with the death of a loved one.

Just a broken heart.

She stared deep into his eyes for what seemed like eternity, and she could tell he was fighting hard to hide himself from her. It was obvious this memory pained him, for she could see straight through his eyes and into his soul. So tortured, she thought sadly.

Giving him a small smile, she touched his hand gently, before whispering, "I apologize for your loss. But there is still hope for your friend. There are ways for protection." After all, she knew. "If you need aid in anything, Darren, just come find me. I know that we have just met, but I can help you." She tried to convey to him that she was in the Order, but would never have said it aloud. Especially not in Hogsmeade.

"There is still a possibility." She paused, looking back down at her drawing. She moved down to the lips, careful not to curve the corners into a smile for he just did not seem to be joyful at the moment. A stoic face seemed the best way of portraying him, but a sparkle to the eye would add a part of his soul that no one else seemed to see.

"You know, Darren, I know what it is like to feel the pain of loss. Not in the same way as in death, but I have had my share of pain." She gave him a weary smile, the sudden light almost fading completely from her eyes. Then, in a flash, her strength returned, adding youth to her moonstruck countenace, and a shimmering defiance to her eyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:53 am

Darren quite liked Catalina, she reminded him of Gin slightly, his best friend. Not just because they were in the same house but she resembled her, and their personality's were quite the same. She was quite understanding, like her.They could probably be good friends, if Darren was in a better mood, and currently he wasn't. Unfortunately. Things were just getting worse for him lately, something he hadn't thought possible.

"You don't understand," Darren said dismissively. She didn't know the whole story, he couldn't stay away from Voldemort, given the circumstances that was impossible. "Just forget it."

Darren wasn't really trying hard to hide his feelings, it was something that came naturally, he never showed his emotions, only rarely. He never told people how he felt either, he didn't feel the need to, what could they do anyways?

Whatever other people said, Darren wasn't unintelligent. Quite the opposite really. He got what she was trying to tell him instantly. "No thanks. I don't need help," he said firmly. He realized just after that it was probably very rude. "I mean, you can't but thanks for the offer." He wasn't about to take help from anyone, especially not the order, he had no love for them really.

Looking back at the drawing he was surprised to see how far she had gone. She hadn't even looked at him more then once. Drawing was something Darren hadn't really ever payed attention too but he thought now it was probably more worthwhile then he thought before.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top