Magical items App. - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical items App. - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical items App.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical items App. - Page 2 Empty Re: Magical items App.

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:16 am

Ne'os took it when he was a death eater and they attacked the ministry. He saw it on a table and stole it basicly and didnt bother to turn it in since he dosent like the Ministry atm since he thinks they had something to do with killing his father.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:20 am

oh alright then i will approve it, but it can be removed with the disarming charm since it is an armament of some kind
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:24 am

ok but it will make the shield pop back up after a few seconds since i dont want it to be completley useless. and i extended my RP for Christabelle since she seemed so concerned about it.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:31 am

I wasn't concerned I was just saying it would be a good idea.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:21 am

Item Name: Unknown (Keith calls it The Watch)
Item type: Watch
How it was made: built from some silver on the full moon (cause everyone knows the full moon is special lol) and infused with a variety of charms by several wizards at once.
How you came into contact with it: Keith's dad bought it from a muggle flea market where it was on display as a useless decoration. He sensed some latent magical energy and bought it, giving to Keith shortly after he was born.
Magical abilities: The watch, which has appeared to be broken since before Keith received it, has been lighting up and spinning wildly since Keith brought it to Hogwarts. That's all he knows right now, but the actual description is below.

Spoiler:
The watch actually has an odd assortment of uses, a "magical swiss army knife" you could say. It lights up and spins wildly when in contact with a thick magical residue*. It also has the ability to sense powerful magical abilities and emotions, though Keith has not yet worked out that function yet. Finally, it has the ability to tap into very deep wells of magical residue and replay the scenes out (For example, Keith might be able to actually watch the very first DA meeting, with so many spells and excitement and nervousness running so high, of course he would have to be in the room of requirement) However Keith can't make it do this yet.

Ill effects include dizziness, mood swings (the watch might affect his moods depending on what it's sensing) confusion, tiredness. The symptoms will get more acute as he learns to access other functions, though he can stop them b not using the watch (right now he can only do that by taking it off)

Roleplay sample: Keith shook his head, grimacing. The headaches were getting worse, and more frequent, and now he was even having mood swings. Is this puberty? He thought to himself. 'Cause I don't think the voice change is worth it. He stumbled bit, sitting down on a bench and putting his head in his hands. It was then that he noticed the watch. It was spinning wildly, and giving off a pulsing, blue glow. He stared at it. Weird. He looked at it intensely, and suddenly a voice shot through his head. I love you too Sam!

*magical residue: When a spell is cast, it leaves an imprint which fades in time, the speed depending on several factors. (mainly the strength of the spell, the intensity of the situation, etc. etc.) In a place thick with magical history (Hogwarts especially) intense magical residue is almost everywhere.[i]
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:24 am

did you just use me in your role play thats very nice of you.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:22 am

Fantastic Approved that is the kind of items i wanted to see
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top