Let it all flow out, like a river running
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Let it all flow out, like a river running Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Let it all flow out, like a river running

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let it all flow out, like a river running Empty Let it all flow out, like a river running

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:22 pm

"As if. You're such a brat,"

Hit scoffed with a roll of her eyes, trying to mask the laugh that had slipped out. Usually, when Julian was around, she couldn't help the serious look her face adopted. It became so natural to be like that when he came by that it was just a reflex at this point. But right now, Hit's expression was different. Her expression was soft and there was even a small smile that had formed at his request (could she consider it one?) to carry him to the hospital wing.

He was already starting to seem like himself again, that was great.

That didn't mean they shouldn't go to the hospital wing, though. Better safe than sorry. "I'm sure your own two feet are strong enough to walk yourself there, since you're already trying to make commands like that." she joked, except she wasn't really going to carry him. He was nuts if he thought so.

She couldn't help but wonder if Apollo was actually behind what had happened to Julian. Violet obviously had some part in it, since she was determined to drag Kapur out of the party, but she couldn't believe that Apollo was capable of being the mastermind of it all. No, she could, it's that she didn't want to believe it. Who would ever want to believe the person who'd been their best friend for so long could stoop so low? Even if it was meant as a prank, it was harsh.

But then again, they were teenagers.

"Alright, c'mon. Let's go." She said, starting to walk down the corridor.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Let it all flow out, like a river running Empty Re: Let it all flow out, like a river running

Post by Julian Kapur Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:19 am

As confused as he was, he was encouraged by Hitame's laughter and her chiding. If he was really bad, she'd hardly be calling him a brat, now would she? Hitame could be tough, but she wasn't cruel.

Then again, she didn't often laugh at his jokes either. He could be downright fatal.

But he chose to go with the former, because she quipped back. He grinned widely and tilted his head. "'Spose yo're right." He pulled his arm from its perch around her shoulders and shook it out. Now that he was feeling a little clearer, he remembered that he had taken a shot or two of... well, something. Maybe the nurse wouldn't notice, or mind.

The struck up a comfortable pace as they neared the staircases to get down to the first floor. He paused thoughtfully for a second, keen to put distance between himself and the party. "So... what happened?"
Julian Kapur
Julian Kapur
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Let it all flow out, like a river running Empty Re: Let it all flow out, like a river running

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:12 pm

She stopped a few paces in front of him, extending her hand to the wall of the doorway of the staircase to grab onto it. She tapped her nails on the stone, thinking about what to say and how to say it. She wasn't sure if she was just supposed to be blunt or try to sugar coat it. Hit supposed the former would work better for her, since she was bad at sugar coating things.

The way she was standing at the doorway probably made her seem more dramatic than she was trying to seem.

She shrugged. "Dunno." Her voice sounded bored. So not what she was going for. "I thought you could tell me in more detail. Am I to assume I'm wrong?"

She probably could.

But it wasn't like she could answer his question with anything more than speculation. Hit could see the scenario in two ways. One, he forced himself on her and that was why she ran off crying. Or two, he rejected her and she ran off crying in embarrassment.

Either way, Violet had been brought to tears before she ran away.

Was that something she should actually tell Julian, though?
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian Kapur Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:23 pm

He paused, looking at Hitame who didn't seem like she was necessarily trying to gather her thoughts so much as decide what to tell. He frowned, incapable of conjuring even a mere speculation of what should be withheld from him. As far as he could tell from his foggy recollection, nothing had really happened. He and Violet had left the party after he had a drink or two, and then he had... not exactly blacked out, but... welll... yeah.

He began to descend the stairwell, gripping the banister with his hands should his body suddenly decide to give out on him again. His face was screwed up in thought as he said, "I had a drink. Violet came over, offered me a drink, said... something. I can't quite - something about leaving the party. And then we were... not at the party. And she was talking to me, and she gave me something, and everything started getting clearer..."

He had finally pieced together the missing clue, his face whipping towards Hitame. "Did someone put something in my drink?"
Julian Kapur
Julian Kapur
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:08 pm

"There's a chance someone might've." Hit nodded in agreement. The thought had occurred to her, of course, but she wasn't sure if he'd just decided to leave with Violet because he liked her that much. It wasn't like Julian, though. Hit had known Julian for six years now and while they'd never been close, she at least knew that much about him.

"Could've been anyone. My money's on Archeron, though." She added rather darkly. She refused to bring Apollo up verbally, even though she was constantly doing it mentally. She bit her lip and lowered her face to look at the floor as she walked. She kept an eye on Julian as they went down the stairs, to make sure he didn't fall over and down the stairs.

She felt pain in her chest but she tried to ignore it. Hit knew she couldn't let herself get wrapped up in her thoughts now, not with Julian who she still didn't know was okay enough to not need so much attention from her.

Besides, she'd decided she would watch him carefully, at least until they reached the hospital wing.

"If you want me to tell you what happened, I can give you my guess. But that's it. Only you and Violet really know what happened. Well, Violet does, since you can't remember."

And probably Apollo once Violet tells him.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian Kapur Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:56 pm

There was a chance. Might have. Pfft. Now that the thought had occurred, Julian was absolutely certain of it. He had felt strange right after he took the drink Violet had offered, and her willingness to lure him out of the party heavily implied who the someone was. He couldn't remember a reason for Violet to want to get revenge on him. He had never exactly had a relationship with him. She was older, cooler, and definitely waaay out of his league. But the change had taken over as soon as he drank from her offered cup.

"Violet Archeron roofied me!"

There was a little note of triumph in his voice, a manic amusement that was definitely inappropriate, considering the weight of the situation. To his credit, the smile faded as he realized this wasn't a compliment. Something really horrible could have happened and he wouldn't have even known it. It wasn't a sign of respect. It was the exact opposite.

That sick feeling returned to his stomach and he glanced down, reaching up to rub the back of his neck. "I just wanted to throw a fun party."
Julian Kapur
Julian Kapur
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Hit rolled her eyes again and frowned. He was taking it too lightly. Well, he seemed to be with his comment.

Until he looked down. It finally seemed to hit him. Hitame sighed. "Of course you did. And it actually was fun." the girl who never complimented anything Julian Kapur did was actually complimenting him. Was the world ending?

No, Hit just knew when credit was due, even if she didn't like it. But to be fair, he probably needed that right now. She wasn't sure how much it would mean coming from her, though.

"At least, until all of that-" she motioned back up the stairs, "happened and kind of messed it up for some of us." She didn't want to make it seem like she was reprimanding him. "But I'm sure everyone else is still having a blast." Since no one else besides her, Clair and Apollo had left the party after Julian and Violet did, she assumed that they were too busy with the party to have really noticed or cared about what was going on outside.

And Clair went back inside too, so they didn't have to be worried. She was sure Apollo went after Violet, but she tried to not care about it too much.

"You can go check it out for yourself once we're done at the hopsital wing." She added softly.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian Kapur Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:22 pm

It was actually fun.

A small smile worked its way onto the Gryffindor boy’s face, starting small and almost shy, before growing into a hopeful grin. He tilted his head towards Hitame. “You thought it was fun?” He knew he had Margo really to thank for it, as without her the party would have been a party on one, but still. Word would get out. The Ravenclaw had been kind enough to let him take credit. Julian Kapur had thrown a fun party.

Not super fun for him, but he’d take it.

“Sorry you’re here taking care of me,” he said. “I’d hate to take anyone away. I’d just really rather not vomit while I was there. I’m sure we’ll be in and out in a jiffy.” They had reached the hospital wing and he paused at the door, glancing towards her. “You won’t tell though? The healer, that is?”
Julian Kapur
Julian Kapur
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:50 pm

She started to wonder if she shouldn't be so tough on Julian. He was annoying but he didn't mean to be, at least she didn't think he did. She knew he was a good person, but he seemed to get himself into sticky situations more often than he'd probably like.

Merlin, did she know what that was like.

But she couldn't just up and turn into the most supportive person, her personality just didn't work that way. She shrugged at his first question. She'd already said it, so she shouldn't have to repeat herself. Of course, Julian might have just been surprised to hear it from her.

"I mean, I guess so. I didn't feel uncomfortable." She answered.

She stopped a few steps away from him when they reached the hospital wing, eyes glancing down at her feet. "I won't." She said after sighing.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian Kapur Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:55 am

Julian wasn't sure where his head was at yet. It was a really harrowing thing, losing chunks of memory, having time perform interesting contortions, moments of intrigue coming and going, leaving nothing but residue. He was shaken by the idea that someone resented or disliked him enough to wish him harm - but had it been intentional? It must have been, what else would Violet have wanted out of him. Surely not - no, he wasn't going down this path again. He had been played, and he had been played well. The shaky feeling in his legs was evidence enough of that.

But he had succeeded. The party had been a success. People had seemed to enjoy it. That made up for a lot. He really couldn't do much to change the minds of people who disliked him - but he could try to give people a good time. If Hitame had been having fun, he must have done something right.

"Thanks," he said brightly, before throwing the doors open. "Yooooooo. Can I get a doctor?"

He knew they weren't doctors. It just had more of a punch to it.
Julian Kapur
Julian Kapur
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top