Just a Check up
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Just a Check up Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Just a Check up

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just a Check up Empty Just a Check up

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:19 am

Ashling made her way into St. Mungo's and up to the third floor, to get to her appointment. She had told Varod to meet her there that way she wouldn't have to worry about leaving school for anything and he would hopefully know how to get there. After all they had both lived in London so it really shouldn't have been that hard for him. Her hand fell to her stomach. There was the tiniest of swells to it but nothing extremely noticeable yet. She was liking still being able to wear her clothes and not have to worry about buying new ones yet.

She made her way over to the desk to sign in for her appointment and sat there with a notebook and a pen so she could write down anything that she felt needed to be spoken about or she needed to know.
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Just a Check up Empty Re: Just a Check up

Post by Sean Wilson Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:27 am

Varod entered the hospital, yawning. He had gotten up thirty minutes before the appointment and got ready quickly before setting out and making it to London with time to spare. So he walked up to the third floor, still tired-as he had decided to sleep as late as possible-and walked up behind Ashling. Stealthily, he put his hands over her eyes.

"Hey beautiful. How are you?" he asked with a grin. Turning her around, he kissed her gently before looking at what she was doing. "So how long does it normally take the doctor to see you?"
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1896

http://thehunt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:31 am

Ash jumped as someone put their hands over her eyes. Once she heard his voice her heart slowed a little bit and she smiled returning the kiss. "I'm tired and I was sick this morning." she said glaring at him although she was glowing slightly. No matter how tired or sick she was she was glad she was pregnant and it definitely showed. "Sit down because I don't know." she added. "I haven't had an actual appointment yet. Last time was when I found out I was pregnant. And now you aren't going to leave me to go to a single one alone."
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:15 am

Khaat was not fully healed yet herself after being held by Barker. She was only working a few hours a week, and when she saw patients she used a walking stick she borrowed from her father to help support her as she tried to start walking again on her healing ankles. She wasn't seeing many patients again yet, and her father was seeing almost all of her caseload for her at the moment. Khaat was trying to see the first time mothers because she did understand how they might prefer a woman to a man. She was also running just a wee bit late today. That made her feel pressured to get around to patients more efficiently and quickly. She liked to be on time as much as she could. Getting back to work after her own medical issues was proving to be tough.

She took Kiara's chart and went into see Kiara. "Hello, Kiara," she smiled. "My apologies for being a bit late. So, introduce me to your companion and then tell me how you're feeling."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22660
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:02 am

Varod smiled. "Never will you do this alone." He was just about to sit when Khaat came out, limping on a walking stick. She looked like she'd been through a lot, and Varod immediately walked forward. "Khaat, you don't need an introduction! We've met before! Only through passing, though. At Jessica's wedding? Weren't you there? It's me, Varod." He grinned at her. "Besides, I know we've talked before anyway. What happened? Are you okay?"
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:10 am

"Oh yes, Varod is the father of my baby." Ash said looking at Khaat, "Are you alright?" she asked curiously sitting in the exam room looking at her. "I've been fine, I'm craving a lot of chocolate if anything, and craving it on everything, and oddly enough chinese food." she said starting to talk about it, "And sometimes I feel like crying a lot, over the littlest things. Is that normal?" she asked looking at Khaat for an answer.
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:37 pm

"I'm much better," Khaat smiled, "Thank you. Adventuring has its risks. I had a litte run in with Felix Barker." She laughed. She wasn't going to deliberately talk about Barker. Well, it wasn't a secret. That wasn't possible. All the wizarding newspapers had covered what they knew about the situation, but not all of it. That wasn't something she was even willing to look at herself. And if the Wizengamot did its job, Barker would be behind bars for the rest of his life.

"It's good to see you again, Varod. Its been a long time. I was at that wedding. I hope you've been well?" she asked.

"Well, let's see. Cravings. Perfectly normal. It may taper off the later you get in your pregnancy. And it can be different for every woman. Mine was cheesecake. I couldn't get enough of the stuff. I drove everyone nuts with cheesecake cravings." She laid her hand on Kiara's forehead.

"Your weight is about the same, That's normal for right now. You will find that most of the weight gain comes in the later stages of things. And, well, everything feels to me like it is developing right on schedule. How are you feeling overall? Any morning sickness? How has your sleeping and eating been?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:02 am

Varod blinked.

"I won't press for details, but if you aren't giving them I know it must have been bad. If there's anything I can do, just tell me."

Varod listened patiently for a moment, smiling as Khaat said everything was normal.

"I can tell you how good her eating's been. She can almost match me. But not quite," he had to cut in, chuckling. Varod took Ashling's hand, smiling slightly. He squeezed gently, evident love spreading across his face.

OOC: Oh the cheesecake. I'm sure Gar remembers that XD
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:19 am

"I actually feel like all I do is eat Khaat." she said looking at her and then throwing a glare at Varod, "But about the sleeping..." she bit her lip, "I feel like thats all I want to do is eat and sleep because when I'm awake I'm constantly craving chocolate. But then again when somethings are cooking the smell of it is completely revolting. Like most pork."

She looked over at Varod, "And I keep seeing him walk around with sodas knowing that I can't drink them and it really starting to grate on my nerves. But other than that my morning sickness is in check. Although how far along am I now? I had to reschedule the appointment because of everything that had happened and I wanted to see you and then I had tried keeping a journal of my pregnancy but I forgot to do it and I lost track of what week I was."
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:18 pm

OOC: It took me awhile to reply to this b/c I really didn't remember when your character became pregnant and I don't keep track of where someone else is in a pregnancy. I had to try to go back and research it.

"Well, those symptoms all sound very normal to me," Khaat said. "That's all pretty typical. Some of that will pass as the pregnancy advances. You're still in your first trimester. For a lot of young mothers that is the toughest part of the process because thats when a lot of body chemistry changes happen. According to the chart, you're about two and a half months along. Things may start to ease up in the next two or three weeks. You'll be starting to pick up a few pounds by then too, but I"m not concerned about the fact that you haven't gained much yet. That's perfectly normal. By the next time you come, you should be feeling a bit more energy too. How are you doing on your potions? Do you need refills?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top