Just a Check up - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Just a Check up - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Just a Check up

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just a Check up - Page 2 Empty Re: Just a Check up

Post by Sean Wilson Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:20 am

"I only have one or two a day, at most!" Varod said chuckling and putting his arm around his wife. He patted her belly and smiled. "This baby is all healthy. And so is our child!" His life had gained a new vigor since he'd met Ashling. Even more so now they were married. His heart swelled with the idea of his child growing inside her, and just being around her filled his mind with a radiance no star could ever imitate.
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1896

http://thehunt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:33 am

OOC: What you said it what I figured to be about anyway. I'm gonna try to keep better track. I just lost track of time.

Ashling smiled at Varod and then turned to answer Khaat, "No I think I'm still a little good on the potion. I'm only taking it when the nausea hits really bad, but as long as I stay away from things that I'm finding to make me feel sick I'm pretty fine." She looked over at Varod, "But my problem is, is that I've noticed that if I let myself get hungry then I tend to get sick more often than not, so I find myself constantly snacking on something. Nothing big or anything, just like a few crackers here and there and lots of milk."

She looked around trying to think of things to ask and concerns she had, "Um one concern is..." she trailed off and looked at Varod, "Um what was it the other day we had talked about, I can't remember."
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Khaat smiled. "You sound like a very normal pregnant woman to me," she said. "The nausea is part of the first trimester body chemistry changes. The cravings are part of that as well. The crackers and such is probably the best remedy for that outside of the nausea potion. As far as the forgetfulness is all part of the distraction that pregnancy brings. The thoughts of how your life is about to change, what you need to do to prepare for that shift in your life, and not to mention what is happening to you physically. It's all perfectly normal. Enjoy it. There is no experience in the world like your first pregnancy. Its a wonderful magical time. Savor it. Its very special for both of you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wilson Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:44 am

"We were talking about vampires," Varod said solemnly. "Is there a chance our child will take any of my vampire traits? I mean, not the obvious stuff like liking foods with high iron, stuff like...the fangs? Or is it going to be totally diluted?"

He was really worried about all that and his smile faltered for a moment.

"Yeah it's been a magical time. I agree, Khaat."
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1896

http://thehunt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:47 am

Ash grabbed hold of his hand, "Khaat didn't you say the last time I was here that would just be a waiting game for us until the baby was born?" she asked curiously. "I'd really hate to wait to know something like that....well I don't care either way but its kind of like finding out what we are going to be having. When will we know that one also?" she asked. She took Varod's hand and squeezed it. "Oh I remember, we also wondered if I would start craving foods that would be high in iron and stuff like that." she said finally remembering what she had wanted to ask for herself, while he got the chance to ask his question too."
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:26 am

"There is no way of telling whether the baby will inherit any of your vampire tendencies at least until the baby is born. Often times, that doesnt' develop until closer to puberty when a person's body chemistry changes. I know that is a difficult thing, and I do understand itt. Sometimes, a child will show rather overwhelming tendencies fo what their genetic code has in store for them at birth, but that, by and large, is not the norm. Most of the time, it is a matter of waiting and seeing. We will do all we can to give you as much information as we can find at that time. Your dietary cravings and habits might be symptoms of a good many things, so I don't know that it will necessarily give us the kind of definitive answers you're looking for. Try not to worry. My own experience has been that 90% of what we worry about are things that never happen anyway. Your baby is going to be healthy and happy and loved, and, in the end, isn't that what we really want for our kids?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top