Free Period
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Free Period Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Free Period

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free Period Empty Free Period

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:51 pm

It was the tail end of Summer, which mean't the sunshine was becoming more and more hidden and the nights were drawing sooner. Being in the Scottish Highlands mean't that Hogwarts was greatly affected by this and the chilly north winds had swept in. However, today it the sun was out and Jackson had a free period.

Now he had entered the sixth year and dropped a load of his subjects, continuing with potions, herbology, charms and history of magic; it mean't that he had multiple free periods and upon collection of his timetable yesterday he was glad to see he got the entire Tuesday afternoon off. With that and very little homework, seeing as he had only had history of magic and potions so far, he decided to enjoy the bit of sunshine the grounds had before it was completely gone in an avalanche of snow.

Upon completing his lunch (jacket potato and cheese) Jackson hurried back to the Hufflepuff basement, unloaded his school bag from that morning and hurried out into the glorious sunshine. The grounds was bare all apart from a group of first years heading towards the greenhouses for herbology. Jackson was keen to start herbology. Being a Hufflepuff he was a natural at it, probably because it was house tradition to have their common room dressed out in ivy and scattered with potted plants.

Finding a comfy looking rock, if you could call any rock comfy, he sat himself down and took off his shoes and socks - lightly dipping his toes into the icy cool waters. Even with the sunshine out the water was still bitterly cold and it wasn't possible to keep them in there for much longer. Withdrawing his wand he pointed it at his toes. 'Fervenus Aerus' A wave of hot air propelled from the tip of his wand, drying his wet feet off. It was relaxing, the warm air brushing softly against his toes whilst the sound of the water lightly splashing against the sure synchronized with the light rustle of the forbidden forest across the lawn. Although he had wished he'd asked if anybody else was on a free period: Jackson never did enjoy being alone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Free Period Empty Re: Free Period

Post by William Crosby Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:59 pm

(Hope You don't mind i posted it was advertised in the open thread.Maybe their fling starts here?BTW he is scottish.)
Having dropped some classes Willy had a free period he enjoyed being alone sometimes but he mostly preferred company.He was in the common room doing his Potions homework and he noticed Jackson had come to drop off his stuff he wondered what he would do he stopped with his homework and put it away with the rest of his things in his dormitory.He knew he probably wouldn't find him but he wanted to go out since he had started his homework, that as usual was longer than what was required.

William had gone up to the entrance hall and decided to wander about the grounds.His favorite spot was near the lake so before he went anywhere else he visited the lake first.He had wanted to fly for bit but his broom was broken and he needed to buy a new one but he didn't want to bother his mother so he would have to buy it out of his savings.As he walked to the lake he notice he had found Jackson and he was sitting on a rock drying his feet with a spell.He thought maybe he wanted company or something so he got near him.

"Whit are Ye doin' out 'ere?"He asked with his obvious scottish accent.
William Crosby
William Crosby
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Continuing to dry his feet Jackson took in the surroundings. The Scottish Highlands were rather beautiful, the way the sun shone above the mountains that were painted with trees. It was rather breathtaking. So many times Jackson had been in the grounds: on his way to Herbology, watching the Quidditch matches, walking down to Hogsmede; yet he never had taken in it's true beauty.

'Oh, Hi Willy.' Jackson said, looking up with a smile. So he wasn't the only on a free period, that was good, it gave him something to look forward to on Tuesday's now - now he knew he wasn't alone. It couldn't have been any better than William to share this free period. They shared a dormitory and were great friends, the only problem Jackson had was how he felt towards William.

For the past year Jackson had began to develop an attraction towards his fellow badger. He wasn't sure if it was real, sexual attraction or if he simply admired his personality and looks. Jackson was confused in all honesty. There was a part of him inside that was telling him he liked males over females. However, that was something Jackson couldn't accept. Accepting that would shatter his dream, a dream of having a family. He wanted a wife, children, to live in the suburbs in a large house with a large front lawn where the children could play all day long. Maybe a dog that they could play with. No. Even questioning or experimenting his inner feelings would make that vision a million miles away. Jackson hadn't told anyone, not even a fellow sixth year Hufflepuff - especially a sixth year Hufflepuff. Jackson valued his friendships too much to tell William about the thoughts he'd had. He cared to much for them to see his friends exile him. 

'Oh, just on a free period so I figured I'd enjoy the sunshine whilst we have it.' Jackson replied, pocketing his wand as his feet were now dry. 'What about you? How come you're out here?' Jackson asked politely as he began to put his shoes and socks back on. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by William Crosby Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:12 am

William had been over thinking things like he sometimes did and he thought about telling his friend how he really felt and hoped that wouldn't affect their relationship if anything make it better.He was always hoping for the best but this time he wasn't ready to take the worst that would happen if Jackson decided he didn't want to hang around freaks.He felt worse because he didn't belong to a community because he liked girls and boys so he felt in the middle.He hoped that his friend wouldn't leave him if he told him he was bi and not straight.He also hoped his mother didn't react badly to this situation when he told her that he liked boys and girls.He knew at least his uncle would take him in if that happened.The worst was that he knew he wouldn't be able to cope with the stares if someone else found out.

"Nae much Ah was jist fed up an' decided tae gang fur a donner.I was workin' oan mah potions hamework an' got fed up "He thankfully new how to handle his emotions and fake his expressions because stress had pushed him down to his knees he was tired of dealing with his emotions on his own but what else could he do.He certainly wasn't stressed about school he never was he knew as long as he tried his best everything would work out.Now it was different he also was a werewolf and didn't know if Jackson already knew so he would tell him to get his stress down."Ah need tae teel ye somethin' durin' th' summer Ah hud an accident an' Ah was turned tae a werewolf."He looked down to the floor hoping that wouldn't change anything but he knew it wouldn't since he was friends with other werewolves.
((If you need a translation I'll write it here just tell me))
William Crosby
William Crosby
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:25 am

Jackson smiled. 'Yeah, I was going to do my potions homework but we have all evening to do that, the sun will only be out for so long.' He replied with his eyebrows raised and feeling wise, a cheeky grin etched on his face. 'Maybe we could do it together later?' He offered. Jackson enjoyed studying with friends, it was much more fun than studying alone - not that studying wasn't fun it was essential if they wanted to do well, but may as well enjoy it a bit more!

Then William broke the news to Jackson. 'Oh.' His eyes that were once full of happiness rounded and saddened. He'd watched how lycanthropy had damaged people before, caused them to take disgusting potions leading up to the full moon, feel isolated and discriminated. 

Raising a hand he pressed it lightly on William's shoulder. 'You'll be fine. You have us.' He said, referring to the close knit family of friends that they had. It was true, they were a family, a Hogwarts family and there were enough werewolves already to help him through it. Furthermore Jackson was so focused on showing support for his friend he hadn't noticed he'd broke the touch barrier - but then Jackson often touched people in their need for possible comfort, it gave them a connection. 

The Hufflepuff wanted to know how it had happened yet found he couldn't ask William. Sure he was curious but Jackson was unsure whether to subject his friend to reliving the trauma by telling him, although he couldn't ignore the situation. 'Does anybody else know?' His blue eyes staring soothingly into William's Hazel. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by William Crosby Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:44 am

He liked doing homework with other since it made it easier and you got to spend time with them.He would feel even better studying with Jackson and it made him feel happy but sad because he couldn't tell the truth.That was exactly why William loved boxing so much it made his emotions calm down and stop for a second so he could catch a breath"Och aye ay coorse we coods dae it together."

Willy sometimes felt like the world would end for some stupid reason but this time his reason wasn't stupid he cared a lot about his friends and he knew how awfully lycanthropy had treated them.First it brought prejudice, second you were a danger to yourself and to your friends."Thanks, Ah ken ye ur haur fur me but aam woriat abit mah mom an' uncle ,what if Ah attack them, ur waurs kill them"He was worried about it he couldn't think about anything else he couldn't live with himself if he had attacked one of them.He felt a bit comforted by Jackson and actually enjoyed that he had laid a hand on his shoulder it made him feel safe."Jist ye, th' ministry an' th' potions professur, he is mah sponsur."He knew that he had to tell his mum he had lied when he came home he said he fell of a tree and cut himself."Ah hud tae lie tae mah mom Ah cooldnae teel 'er 'at Ah woods become a vicioos creature every month coz she lit me gang campin',if ye wanna hear th' story it's okay Ah hink it woods make me feel better." He felt relieved at least a bit by telling him all that telling him the story of how it all had happened would surely do something.
William Crosby
William Crosby
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:37 am

'It's a deal!' Jackson grinned, glad that William had accepted them doing potions homework together. Perhaps they would find others in the common room who were doing potions homework?

Lightly stroking his hands by William's shoulder he listened whilst his friend expressed concern about his new condition. 'It's not your fault! They will understand, surely they wouldn't throw you out over this, besides-' Jack paused before pressing on with his hopeful words of wisdom. 'You're at Hogwarts for a year that'll give them time to get used to it before you head home for the Summer.' Although there wasn't much light in the situation Jackson always tried to brighten a situation, make it less negative. That was probably one of the reasons his friends turned to him for advice.

'You won't kill me. There is always the wolfsbane potion to help you out there and we have a lot of werewolf friends to help you through it, in fact... They would probably be able to help you better than I but I'm always here if you need me.' Jackson concluded before suddenly moving his hand away from William.

Perhaps Jackson was being self conscious, he was highly fond of the friendship he had with William and, although Jackson was the type to comfort his friends, he was growing paranoid. What if William figured out Jackson's secret? What if the sudden look of longing in Jackson's eyes gave it away? He couldn't simply ignore William, right now William needed a friend and Jackson was there to do that... He just hoped that William wouldn't think Jackson wanted to be more than friends. Yet right now, all he wanted to do was hug William, hold him in his arms and comfort him in a way that would show his love. 

'How, how did it happen?' Jackson Asked as William announced it would make him feel better to go through it with his friend. So he had been camping, that made sense: werewolves usually left urban areas when it came for their transformation although Jackson had a hunch their was more to tell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by William Crosby Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:52 pm

William had gotten himself together back again."Ah wanted tae teel ye fisrts coz Ah feel guilty knowin' we hae friends 'at ur gonnae throoght thes an' tellin' them Ah jist wandered aff in th' woods an' thes happened".He knew why he had told Jackson first, it wasn't a matter of being ashamed because he hadn't been careful enough ,it was he'd know how Jackson felt about him going through a very tough time.He was pleased to see him worried, not because he was enjoying Jacksons worries but he felt like hee was not alone in this.What if I'm such a monster that  even the wolfsbane potion failed, he thought to himself.He had learned he was concieved as an accident when he was young and he was teased because of it.This had always lowered William's self-esteem.He himself was an accident and so was this so basically his life was formed from accidents.
((Translation:I wanted to tell you first because I feel guilty knowing that we have friends that are going through this and I wandered off in the woods and let this happen.))

"Ah jist need tae figure it hoo tae teel fowk thes an' Ah will surely start wi' other werewolves.Ah think mebbe Nathan ur Grace Ah dunno"He was much calmer his tone gave away that Jackson's company was actually nice and helpful now he wanted to tell the story so maybe Jackson noticed something about the story Willy hadn't and at the end he wasn't a werewolf but he knew this was only his hope interfiering with reality.
((Translation:I just need to figure out how to tell people this and I will surely start with other werewolves.I think maybe Nathan or Grace I dunno.))

"It was 21st ay augist an' mah muggle friends an' Ah waur campin'.we hud sit up tents in th' woods we used tae play in when we waur yoong.so it was abit an hoor pest midnecht an' Ah went fur a donner 'en Ah heard somethin' strange sae Ah decided tae heed back tae th' camp.halfway thaur it attacked me he only bit mah hain an' scratched me in th' back"Showing Jackson his left hand that was wrapped up in bandages."'en Ah screamed tae mah friends tae gie it 'at they werenae safe but they cam lookin fur me Ah woke up wi' mah sark torn ay an' only mah under wear oan. Ah lied tae mah mom abit th' scart an' mah hain"He had predicted correctly retelling the story did make him feel less guilty he acually tried to go back to the camp before anything happened and that was enough to drain some of the stress within him.The only thing worrying him now was that he had feelings for Jackson.

((Translation:It was 21st of august and my muggle friends and I were camping.We had set up tents in the woods we used to play in when we were young.So it was about an hour past midnight and I went for a walk then I heard something strange so I decided to head back to the camp.Halfway there it attacked me he only bit my hand and scratched me in the back"Showing Jackson his left hand that was wrapped up in bandages."Then I screamed to my friends to get out that they weren't safe but they came lookin for me I woke up with my shirt torn of and only my under wear on. I lied to my mom about the scratch and my hand.))
William Crosby
William Crosby
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:01 pm

A bubble of happiness began to rise inside him. Not that it was William who was glad to talk to Jackson, he would have felt that way about anyone. It was something Jackson actually liked about himself: his like-ability and trustworthiness. On top of that it surely mean't he was good at giving advice. The signs of a good friend.

Jackson waited until William had told him about the incident and who he wanted to tell next. Speaking to Grace or Nathan was a good idea - Jackson was leaning slightly towards Nathan seeing as he also shared the dormitory but the chances are they already knew. If being friends with Grace had taught him one thing it was that werewolves seemed to be able to spot another werewolf simply by their scent.

The story was rather horrible, but somewhat noble. William had tried to protect his friends by warning them, sacrificed himself over them. Sure he couldn't have screamed for help but he never. There was that feeling again, that bubble inside of him - this time he defiantly knew it was admiration for William.

'That sounded horrible, I can't even imagine what you must have felt... All I can imagine is how scary it must have been.' Jackson paused. 'You were brave, protecting your friends like that. You were brave.' Again there was Jackson shedding some sort of light on the subject, he hadn't even debated in his head about keeping his thoughts about William's bravery inside it was something he should here.

Then there was his Mum. 'Are you going home for Christmas? Only because if you need a friend for support I guess I could go with you, maybe if you tell Nathan or Grace they would come too for support?'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by William Crosby Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:48 pm

((Hope that you dont need translation anymore I know the third and fourht time he talks is a little bit dificult for some words so i put them in parenthesis))

He knew that probably Grace and Nathan had already guessed from his scent.He would tell them as soon as possible so they also found out by him telling him."Thanks, bit thay wur muggles whit if th' git attacked, wur wid thay git th' wolfsbane from.I bet th' ministry wouldn't care aboot thaim."He noticed his scottish accent was normal as usual and his uncles accent didn't stick too long.He was already having trouble getting understood in classes."Ah tellt thaim ah hud tried tae git up a tree fur thare wis a wolf bit ah fell sae it bit me.Everything except trying tae climb a tree wis true."He knew that it was horrible but he looked at the positive side he was still alive.He knew he could have been killed and he didn't want to say so because he would seem like a pessimist.

"Ah think Ah will bade(stay) 'ere fur christmas.I think it'll be safer fur mah maw 'n' uncle 'n' Ah wull tell her whin ah gang(go) hame(home) neist summer by that time Ah will be used tae this 'n' Ah will hae enough knowledge tae ken(know) whit tae dae whin Ah transform."He knew he had to reach out to Nathan for advice since he was sharing a dorm with him and he would surely know what to do."Dae ye think Nathan awready kens(knows) coz o' mah sent?
William Crosby
William Crosby
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top