Free Period - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Free Period - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Free Period

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free Period - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Period

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Jackson shook his head. 'The Ministry would care, and I'm sure you could get wolfsbane from somewhere, or.' He bit his lip, this was a risky suggestion. 'You just don't see them until Summer, then during the Summer when it is the full moon go on a camping trip... Alone. That way you wont hurt anyone?' Although it seemed a sensible suggestion it was tough to suggest distancing William from his family, as though he were an outsider, which is how all werewolves were treated. 'It could give you time to find wolfsbane potion.' Jackson added quietly, his blue eyes gazing up as he tilted his head down.

There was only so much advice Jackson could give on the topic of werewolves, he'd be much better off receiving advice from Grace or Nathan , perhaps both. They could help him through each step of becoming a werewolf. 'Would you. Would you mind if we had a group discussion with Nathan and Grace.. I know they would be loads of help.' Jackson placed  hand on William's wrist. 'I want you to be safe, you're my friend and I want you to feel better about this - I know it's not a great topic and hard to feel better but I believe they could help you.'

Jackson finished, his hand still on William's wrist. He didn't care if he gave the wrong impression out, he cared too much for William to see him go through something so terrible alone and right now William needed somebody.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by William Crosby Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:49 am

"Ah meant th' ministry wouldn't care aboot muggles 'n' thay wouldn't be able tae ken whit wis happening. Forby(Besides) if a'm 'ere at hogwarts ah wouldn't be able tae git wolfsbane fur thaim."He said in the most humble tone he could."Ah kin(can) git mah ain(own) th' potions proffesor ken how tae brew yin(one) 'n' he said he cuid brew it fur me.His voice was calmer know.He didn't want to stress anyone else about it.

"Ah wanna git mah mynd o' it fur a while.I suppose ye ken whit boxing is,right?"He said he didn't know if he knew why he boxed but that would also explain why he spent so much time at the dungeons.He hoped he did have brought his second punching bag if Jackson wanted to box."Wanna gang wi' me tae th' dungeons? Ah think Ah hae mah seicont(second) punching poke 'n' th' boxing bandages."He loved the sport so maybe if he introduced a friend he wouldn't be the only one who liked it.
William Crosby
William Crosby
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Again Jackson shook his head. It wasn't that he wanted to correct his friend he wanted to try and help him see the positive, help make the situation less scary. 'The Ministry really would care about your Mum and Uncle. The chances that you could bite them would scare the Ministry blind, they wouldn't want the muggles finding out about our world.'

To Jackson it seemed obvious that he couldn't help nearlly as much as Grace and Nathan probably could and was glad at Willy's suggestion to box. Jackson wasn't a boxer, in fact he wasn't sporty at all, his hand eye coordination was poor - which mean't he was a terrible dueler too. However, being the good friend that he was, Jackson agreed to go boxing. Maybe they'd pump into Grace or Nathan along the way? Besides, he could always stand and watch. 'You'll have to lead the way.' Jackson grinned, rising from his rock.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by William Crosby Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:46 pm

((I was thinking here maybe Jackson doesn't know how to put them on and Will helps him.Sorry for godmodding. ))

He was much more relaxed.He was gonna finally get all of this out."Follow me."He stood up.He was walking towards the entrance hall.Then he went down to the dungeons.There was a dungeon next to the potions classroom.All it had was a punching bag hanging from the ceiling and a medium sized box.William took out what looked like a very small punching bag.He shot a spell at it and it grew bigger.Then he took out a pair of blue bandages and then a pair of white bandages that seemed unused." 'ere"He gave the white bandages to Jackson.He put his own on very fast."Mak' thaim ticht(tight) sae ye dinnae(don't) hurt yer wrists."He took the second punching bag and hanged it a few feet away from the other one."Ah will uise th' new yin(one) tae soften it up."

Jackson took his cardigan and tie off.He pulled his sleeves up and he looked at Jackson who stood there trying to put the bandages on "Let me hulp ye."
William Crosby
William Crosby
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Getting up Jackson followed William across the lawn into the castle. The Entrance Hall was empty and as they descended down into the dungeons they found that empty too, all apart from the potions classroom. Despite the door being shut the sound of sizzling cauldrons and chatting students could be heard... That reminded Jackson he needed to do his potions homework at some points. Irregardless making William feel slightly better was more important than study at the end of the day, even though study was the key to a happy future.

Jackson simply stood by the door. The room was small and windowless, the stone grey slabs were polluted with cobwebs in their cracks and it was cold. Perhaps he'd warm up if he got into the boxing.

Taking the bandages from William he stared at his fingers. Did they wrap around each one? Or around the palm first. 'Umm.' Although Jackson didn't need to voice his concern, William appeared to have read his expression and walked over to help.

Upon William's touch Jackson got butterflies. His hands were so warm, maybe it was the werewolf within. Whatever the reason Jackson felt a twinge of nervousness shoot up the back of his head. Now wasn't the time to think about his feelings towards William - if he had feelings that was, he still didn't know and standing there gazing into William's eyes wasn't helping.

(It's okay, I did a bit then about William touching jackson's hands, hope you didn't mind I figured he would anyway)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by William Crosby Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:23 pm

(Maybe since they are alone maybe they talk here about their feelings if you want.)

"There yeh go."He said with a smile after he had finished wrapping the bandages around Jack's hands."Hae ye ever boxed afore?coz Ah cuid teach ye."He surely knew how to box he had won some fights thanks to his boxing skills and he was sure he could share those skills with Jackson.

He got near the bag and hit it one time."This yin(one) called a backfist, hae tae skelp(hit) th' target wi' th' larger knuckles."He explained.He then hit it again"This yin is a jab, juist a straecht(straight) blaw(blow).He punched the bag a third time."This yin is a hook, turn yer aim tae the side."He finished explaining the basics of a few punches."Noo ye huv a go at it."He moved to the other punching bag since he would try to soften the new one.
William Crosby
William Crosby
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:54 pm

Jackson watched whilst William demonstrated each of the punches. He had never boxed before, in all honesty Jackson had never seen the interest in it. He much preferred to spend time in the common room talking, laughing, playing wizards chess, doing homework with friends, making Hufflepuff banners for the upcoming games not... Boxing! None the less Jackson knew that his own needs were not important, William had been through a hard time and if that mean't letting him teach Jackson to box to get him through it then Jackson was going to learn to box.

Walking hesitantly to the punch pad he pushed his arm out and hit the pad. Perhaps he had done it wrong because it seemed to hurt. Straightening his arm in a blow Jackson punched the pad again, his other arm left dangling lose. This really wasn't working out. 

'I think you may need to show me again.' Jackson grinned with a slight chuckle at his own inability to punch a pad correctly. 

(OOC: sure either that or they just kiss or something) 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by William Crosby Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:22 am

((vote for the kiss do you want to do it or do I do it))

"Okay, ah hud th' identical problems whin ah foremaist(first) stairted."He explained everything more slowly and corrected the way Jackson was punching.He thought Jackson already had the hang of it.He then taught him some more punches and he got them the first time."Mah advice, git crabbit(angry) at th' bag 'magine tis(its) th' cause o` yer problems."Thats at least what he did thats why he was so fon of boxing he had thought of becoming a professional boxer when he was little and maybe he would have to resort to a muggle sport since he wouldn't be accepted as an auror."Tell me oe(one) o` yer problems"He said so he could help him imagine what he would be hitting.

He started thinking he would be hitting a werewolf - well not just any werewolf the one who had turned him.He was imagining how he would react if he saw this wolf again.Well there was another problem but he couldn't blame anyone not even himself.He liked Jackson but he was afraid to loose him.There it was he was going to blame fear.
William Crosby
William Crosby
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:35 am

When William had corrected Jackson on his punching by holding Jackson's arms in the correct position the Hufflepuff was polluted by the swarm of the butterflies. Why now? Why of all places did Jackson's confusion have to come to the front, he needed to help William!

'I'm not really an angry person.' He replied, shrugging with a cute little grin sweeping across his face. It was true he was usually always cheerful. Although a part of that merriness evaporated at the mention of Jackson's problems. Nobody usually asked about Jackson's problems, purely because he never had any - or he never usually had any. Right now the problem was being here, in this room with William, seeing William punch the pad was rather: admirable? Or attractive? 

'I-I don't have any.' Jackson hesitated. He was an honest person and being honest made him a terrible liar. He placed an arm across his chest and rubbed his shoulder nervously. 'So.. Boxing.' Jackson added, changing the subject and walked away from William to the other side of the pad.

WHAM! 'OUCH!' Jackson cried out. He'd hit the pad at a faulty angle and now his fingers were killing, it appeared boxing really wasn't his thing. 

Bouncing up and down on the spot Jackson wrenched the boxing equipment from his hand and raised it up to his face, examining his injured fingers. There was a red mark across his fingers.

(OOC; whoever, whatever feels right Razz maybe Willy can comfort Jackson's hand)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by William Crosby Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:46 am

((I think maybe William since he was almost put in gryffindor))

"Weel then batter th' bag fur th' fin o' it."He said when he wasn't angry but he was bored he came down here to get the boredom out of his system.He started hitting the fear causing him not to show his feelings and then he heard a hard hit on the pad but it wasn't him he turned to Jackson and saw he had hurt his had."Hauld yer horses a seicont ah think it micht be 'ere, aye aye it's"He took an ice pack out of the box where the second punching bag had been.He put it over Jackson's hand."Ah enchated it sae it wid(would) bade(be) cauld(cold)."He had enchanted it to the perfect temperature it wasn't too cold but it still helped.He took Jackson's hand was"Let me see, weel at least ye didnae brake anythin' bit ye micht(might) git a bruise.

Well he had already punched away the fear.He had of course kissed girls but not boys never boys.He leaned near Jackson and kissed him.He then realized what he had done.Crap he thought to himself I kissed Jackson,What am I gonna do?Dammit that's why Gryffindors always get in trouble.
William Crosby
William Crosby
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top