Wow, it's so big (Catalina)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Wow, it's so big (Catalina) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Wow, it's so big (Catalina)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wow, it's so big (Catalina) Empty Wow, it's so big (Catalina)

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Chase stopped the second she entered this place. This being her 6th year in school and she had NEVER entered the library. Not once, in her life. She stood staring barely able to believe her eyes. All thought was pushed out of her head as she stood staring at these halls of books, books, and more musty old gross books. Then slowly recovering she walked in, sneezing a few times before she got used to the dust clogged air.

Chase was the type who got all of her friends to get her books, she tended to stay away from the library as much as possible. But today...She didn't really know why she was here actually. Probably because all of her friends had decided she needed time to "Think" and got "busy". Chase shook her head letting her long dark hair fall down her shouldeyal Hufflepuff, and the even more rare Gryffindor. She didn't see any Slytherin's yet. They probably bullied Ravenclaws into doing all their work, which is why they all looked so frantic. There wasn't THAT much homework.

Chase sighed slightly when she realized she was getting funny stares. Sure she didn't exactly..fit in. But she thought she had done a very good job trying to act..normal. Today she wore her Hogwarts skirt with pink stockings. And her shirt was the odd part. A tan strapless belly shirt. Meaning, that's right! A cloth around her chest and that was it, with a pattern of snitches running all the way around the top. She had done a very good job she thought, it was even tan! Isn't that what normal people wore normally?

Sighing Chase asked the librarian for help. Quickly getting the book she needed she sat down next to an open window, happy that a breeze was coming in. Stirring her hair and letting it fall around her face in small strands. Coughing she opened up the hundred year old novel and stared at the page in front of her. Chase had never been a very strong reader, and this was where it came into play. A bunch of words were scribbled in front of her nose, and she had no idea what it said. She leaned her head closer and put her finger on the line she was on. Squinting in the feeble light she grumbled. Wasn't there like a law saying it had to be so light for a person to read?

Well, how would she know? She barely ever read. Grumbling with fustration, her lower back starting to hurt already her eyes straining she glared at the page. The reading was so boring, so strinuis she felt her mind wander.

"Crucio!" A flash, and searing pain. Pain so numbing she couldn't think, could breath even less. Someone was yelling, both of them were laughing. A face swam before her vision, Sterling covered in blood, his mouth dripping. Blood swam in her own mouth from having bit her tonuge so hard. A scream, and the pain stopped. She stumbled to her feet. A wand pointed at her back, searing pain again. Her friend..well, her old friend. Torturing her. It ended, she didn't know why she wasn't dead yet. Sterling was dying. Someone saved her.

Chase was trembling when she came back to reality. A cold sweat had broken out on her forehead and ran down the side of her face. Her hands were gripping the book so hard the knuckles were white. She could feel the ache of the crucio curse in her bones. That had happened lately since that night. The crucio made her so sore if she strained her body to hard it would hurt again. Someone walked past.

She hasn't been the same since the attack.

She heard them whisper. She shut her eyes andtried to block it out. That night had never happened! It had been only a week since then. One full week since she had been attacked out on the grounds at night. Security was crazy now. Professors patrolling the halls, ready to aprehend anyone out after dark. It was a war zone. Chase shook her head letting her hair fly around her in the breeze. She just had to concentrate more. Staring at the book she slowly started to read.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Wow, it's so big (Catalina) Empty Re: Wow, it's so big (Catalina)

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:27 am

Catalina walked out of the Restricted Section of the library, having gotten permission from one of the teachers to allow her to retrieve a book on Dark Magic. She was studying more and more about it to be able to fight it and she had told every teacher she asked permisson from this. She was not going to be corrupted by the easiness of evil. It was disgusting how people could turn so willingly and without reason or thought process.

She strolled over to her table, her sapphire eyes glowing bright with determination. She had already gotten three other books open on the table, each one on a certain page. She was looking for every way Dark Wizards used against the good people and how she could prevent it.

Sighing as she sat down, she felt a pain ripple in her neck for leaning down so much the past few days. A part of her felt like something horrible was about to happen, but she had no idea why.

All Catalina knew was that she was going to be ready. To kill.

With sudden alarm, she noticed an oddly dressed Gryffindor sitting nearby her on the windowsill. She was an arm's length away, and Catalina felt slightly annoyed at this. She wanted to be alone for this time to study. Then, noticing the girl's tremors, Catalina frowned, clearly concerned.

Reaching out, she touched the Gryffindor's arm and said, "Are you alright, dear?" Her sapphire eyes were alight with interest, their depths revealing their master's motherly nature.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:15 am

Chase stared at the book not realizing there was another girl there until she touched her arm. She jumped more then necessary her book falling out of her hands and landing with a soft thump on the table. She looked up startled, her chocolate brown eyes full of surprise. Even though one of them was at a slightly different angle, she looked right at the girl.

"Oh..sorry.."She said blushing and picking her book back up. "I erm...I wasn't paying attention."She said looking back up at the girl once she was sure the book wasn't going to fall out of her hands again. "Yeah..I'm fine, I was just thinking."She said giving the other girl a weak smile. So not all Ravenclaws were shy quiet people. This one had actually talked to HER first. Which was an odd feeling.

Smiling a little wider, though it felt very cold and distant to Chase she pushed her hair out of her face. "I'm Chase Moor."She said holding out her hand for her to shake. "6th year Gryffindor."She said and then felt her smile fade as the book, quiet unwillingly fell out of her grasp again with a soft thud. Glancing at it she put her hand on it hoping the other girl wouldn't realize that another tremor of pain had crossed through her body causing her to release the book even though there had been no show of pain on her face.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:40 am

"Dearie, you seem to be anxious about something," Catalina said quietly, glaring at a passersby that was looking at Chase with disdain. "I understand completely. I do not pay attention half of the time on this planet." She giggled harmoniously.

Catalina took her hand firmly and replied, "I am Catalina Williams. Sixth year Ravenclaw." She flashed another grin, noticing Chase's sudden trouble at smiling. In her eyes, Catalina noticed something quite saddening ripple through the Gryffindor's body and she whispered, "What has happened to you? You do not seem the type to dwell on such evils of the world."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:47 am

Chase smiled at her when she shook her hand and let her hand fall back onto the desk silently. Looking away at her last comment she stared at the bookcase opposite from her for a minute her jaw clenched her hand holding onto her book hard. Another person who was out of the loop. Who managed to stumble onto Chase by accident and happen to see the pain there.

"A few nights ago..."She started and then had to clench her teeth again a ripple of pain running down her spine. "A few nights ago a couple of...students, thought it would be funny to try unforgivables on me."She said not looking at Catalina. "It's been...hard, to think happy thoughts since that day."She said her knuckles turning white as she was pushing down on the book so hard.

"I used to think, there was good in everyone, I even saw it..they looked good, but now...even I have a speck of black in my aura..I guess something died the day they tortured me on the lawns."She said her eyes flashing to Catalina and back. "I see black...everywhere...where it once was not, there it is."She said blinking. "You..though..I see no black in you're aura..none at all."She said with a soft smile. "But who am I kidding? I saw no evil in some other people, but they ended up the worst type of evil."She said and then she turned and smiled at the other girl. "I'm sorry...it's just..been a hard time."She said with a slow grin that didn't quite reach her eyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:58 am

Catalina felt anger bubbling inside of her at Chase's words. Her hands began to clench upon the table, the white in her knuckles becoming brighter and brighter. Her sapphire eyes flashed brilliantly before she whispered, "Who do that to you? Death Eaters?" She paused. "I cannot blame you for being so negative towards the world. One who understands pain like I do can honestly sympathize." She flashed a small flawless grin.

"I will be honest, I did think that too, but to be honest, it was foolish." She paused to look down at her now relaxing fingers. "It is naiive to think that everyone has good in them, even if they did at one point. Everyone is born good, Chase, you must understand, but the choices and decisions that they make in their lives lead them so far down a path of darkness, that they are unable to climb back out because they have become soulless creatures."

Catalina looked at Chase sadly, hating that this Gryffindor had only just realized the truth. "Although ignorance is bliss, I believe that it is better to know what you are up against so that you may truly be able to increase Good's chance at succeeding in the battle for the world." She placed her hand on Chase's again, trying to give her a reassuring smile.

"All will work out in due time, dear, I promise. Good always overcomes Evil, no matter how far Evil goes, it will always be stomped out."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:18 am

Chase clenched her jaw, her knuckles white on the table. "I don't know who did it."She said repeating the same lie she had told everyone else. "It was to dark for me to see, I didn't even recognize their voices."She said staring at the bookshelves across the table from them. "Even their auras..they were pitch black, not a second colour."She said her mind flickering back to Thomas'. How his had, but that girls. No, hers was black..pitch black.

She felt her eyes open in surprise as the other girl talked. How had she...Chase had used to think the same thing before that night. She turned to stare at the girl. "I used to think..that if you talked to someone. Long enough for them to listen. Then they would change. I tried it that night. And I found out it didn't. I pleaded with the girl, for there were two people. She just laughed, and tormented me." Shaking her head she turned away from her again.

"Something weird though, has happened since that night." She said her jaw clenching her knuckles white. "I feel..pain, just like that curse running through my bones. Like my whole body is on fire in flashes. It feels like it's trying to burn my soul."She said her hand flying up to clutch her chest. "I've considered everything from a deformation in my genes, to me going insane."She said blinking silently staring at the bookshelf again. "I've never heard of anything like that happening before. The pain returning. It returns if I over exert myself." She said looking back at the girl.

"If I breath to deeply..if I think to much on one thought even!"She said flicking hair out of her face. "The Hospital Wing couldn't do anything, St. Mungo's couldn't do anything either."She said staring at Catalina. "I've been to both places for it, they didn't have a thing to help, nor an explanation of it."She said looking at her. "It makes it even harder to forget that day, when I'm happy there is a blast of pain through my body and my mind returns to that night, the wand pointed on me as fire burned through my bones."She said her hands starting to shake. "I just..."She stammered and let her head fall into her arms on the table burying her face out of site.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Catalina knew instantly that she was lying, for the Ravenclaw just had a way of reading people. Squinting her eyes very slightly, she gazed deep into Chase's orbs before saying, "You do know who did that to you, Chase. Otherwise, you would not have let it take such a harder toll on you if you had not known. One of the attackers was someone . . . you trusted, am I correct?"

Frowning gracefully, Catalina tried to think of a ruthless girl that Chase was talking about. No one came to mind. "They were both Slytherins, I presume?" She paused, giving Chase a small reassuring smile. "One can never change someone else's mind. You may give them your opinion and your thoughts, but ultimately it is their choice to change themselves."

Catalina touched her arm again, her eyes saddening. "I am sure that it is just because of the force of the curse. You say that this girl was practically ruthless? Then, I doubt she went easy on you. Maybe you should find a way to block those spells." She paused to giggle. "Or be quick enough to get out of the way. I found that learning some acrobatic skills are very helpful in duels. I could teach them to you sometime, if you like." Another smile flew onto her full lips.

Pulling Chase close to her, Catalina wrapped her arms around the Gryffindor's body, her motherly instincts setting in. A part of her had no idea what she would say to make this girl's pain disappear, but finally, she whispered, "Do not let it control you, dear. I am sure that I could whip up a potion that would numb that pain. Do you want me to try and find what that would help?" She flashed another smile before looking down at Chase.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 pm

Chase looked at her silently, hearing what she had to say, and knowing it was true..but not knowing how to accept it. She felt a small giggle escape when she told her she needed to learn to dodge the spells. "You have no idea.."She said shaking her head. "I"m surprised I managed to survive that..had they used that curse..I'd be dead now."She said shaking her head still giggling slightly. "I was in Gymnastics once...I broke my leg trying to walk on that little beam thing...erm yeah, I can't even jump on a trampoline without breaking at least a finger."She said shaking her head. "I'm clumsy, I couldn't dodge a spell if it was going to kill me."She said and then stiffened.

The other girl had given her a hug. Sure she had gotten a lot of hugs in the past few days, but this one surprised her. She hadn't expected someone she barely knew, to give her a hug, let alone a Ravenclaw. Relaxing quickly she hugged her back. "only if it's not to much trouble."She said in response to the potion question. "I mean...I'd really like that."She said sincerely. "I really would."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:00 pm

"Gymnastics?" Catalina frowned, having no idea what that was. "Is that some sort of Muggle activity?" Having been raised as a Pureblood, Catalina wasn't aware of such things. Her one muggle friend had to be erased from her life, and Catalina hadn't learned much from her.

"There are ways to practice such jumping." She laughed slightly, her lips curving upwards beautifully.

Catalina felt her tense against the hug and then she pulled away. "I apologize, it just seemed like you needed one." She flashed a timid smile. "Then, I will assuredly get right on it."

In a flash, she had stood up, gone into the Restricted Section and had come back out again, an old book held in her porcelain hands. It was labelled Old-Fashioned Concotions. She had read it, of course, but figured that flipping through it wouldn't hurt anything. Sitting back down in her seat, she kept her body language open, in case Chase wanted to talk more, as she turned each delicate page.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top