Wow, it's so big (Catalina) - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Wow, it's so big (Catalina) - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Wow, it's so big (Catalina)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wow, it's so big (Catalina) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, it's so big (Catalina)

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Chase watched as she disappeared without a word and then was back, a HUGE book in her hands. She stared at it as the girl seemed to read through it with so much ease. "Wow."She said softly staring at it. "Well, Gymnastics..yeah, it's a muggle sport. My mom has a good reputation as a muggle too, so we have to keep that side of things recent. Muggle conveniences that we barely use."She said smiling slightly.

"Gymnastics is for people who are physically active and flexible."She said slowly. "I took it before I went to Hogwarts, I pretty much failed at it."She said rubbing her neck gingerly. She watched as she read the book and then kept talking. "Mom decided I'd better stick with a...different extracurricular activity."She said smiling. "I was put in Basketball, and kicked off the team, I did pretty well on a swim team, but had to quit that for Hogwarts."She said leaning back in her chair watching Catalina.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:49 pm

Catalina smiled at Chase's awe. "Just a bit of light reading," she said winking. "Is your mother a muggle?" she asked while turning another page.

"It sounds intriguing. I cannot wait to take Muggle Studies. Their ways have fascinated me very much so. But, my parents do not approve of my interest. They think Muggles and Muggle-borns are disgusting." Catalina shrugged, flipping the page once more. She stopped to look up at Chase. "It is very difficult to grow up in a family that disapproves of everything you want to do." She flashed a smile. "But, it will be fun to prove them wrong once they have realized what I am going to accomplish despite their beliefs."

Catalina looked back down, squinting at a word on the page she was on before sighing and turning it. "What is Basketball? I assume it has something to do with putting a ball into a basket?" She giggled lightly. "Well, maybe we should start a swim group here or something."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:56 pm

Chase laughed at the very thought of her mom as a muggle. "NO! My mom is a snotty pureblood lover, but she also has a muggle job and has to keep her reputation up everywhere she is. She works at the Ministry!"She said laughing again. She tried to imagine her mom as a nice muggle woman and smiled at the thought. Never in a million years. "My parents hate muggles' too, to the point where they won't let me even talk to most muggleborns."She said laughing. "But of course, growing up, to make them look better to the society, they sent me to Muggle School."She smiling. "I learned what they do and stuff from that."She said smiling. "They don't fasinate me, but I do love their music."She said smiling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:08 am

Catalina looked up at Chase, her sapphire eyes gazing intensely into the deep brown orbs set upon the Gryffindor's face. For a long moment, the Ravenclaw stared deep into them without saying a word.

"My parents are not so gentle. They would probably kill any Muggle that got in their way. I was home-schooled up until this year, so I have no knowledge of Muggles and their lives. It fascinates me because I have known different than they have." She sighed before looking back down. "I think that I will never become like my parents. I think it is disgusting to shun people because of their blood. They cannot help it, so why torture them?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:11 am

"Exactly." Chase said slowly. "I never understood it."She said slowly. "I mean..they are exactly like us, they walk, they talk, they live lives."She said slowly. "Just because they don't have magic...doesn't mean we should want to kill them."She said shaking her head. "My mom would always say, 'But think about what the world would be like run by wizards!' I would just laugh and say 'Yeah, a bunch of inbreed freaks.' She always hated that." She shook her head sadly and then looked at the book. "Find anything?"She asked glancing back up at Catalina.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:21 am

Catalina shook her head sadly. "If the world were run by Wizards, we would have complete and utter chaos. The fact that Muggles have a defenseless quality keeps them safe in a way. They are sometimes too 'unworthy' to be dealt with. Because they do not have powers, most Purebloods consider them to weak and disgusting. I think that some of them are better than Wizards, to be honest." She smiled slightly at Chase's joke. "I am proud to say that my family is not inbred, nor yours, I presume? Otherwise, we would not be this good looking." She giggled.

"I think I almost have," Catalina said slowly. "These on this page are talking about sleeping potions, so I am sure I am near the pain erasing ones." Then she looked up. "You do know that this potion will not be permanent, but I know that it will not need to be drank completely in one sitting. Just come tell me if you need more." She frowned and she gazed back down at the book. "I just wish I could remember what it is called."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:24 am

Chase smiled at her. "No, my family isn't."She said giggling. "Must be one of the only lines though!"She said smiling. "Well, besides yours I guess."She said smiling. Glancing at the book she had to focus on one word before she could read it fully. "Oh..."She said watching it. "I guess I'm not very good at reading!"She said laughing softly. She got some stares but otherwise no one shushed at them. "I have a hard time concentrating on one word long enough to understand it's meaning, not to mention a bunch of words on a page."She said smiling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:29 am

Catalina giggled, looking up at her softly. "That is one advantage of being a Ravenclaw. We are gifted with the art of reading." She laughed again, very softly, before she turned another page.

"Aha!" she exclaimed, touching the top of the next page, against the underlined word. "Okay . . . yes . . . Excellent!" She glanced up at Chase and then said, "This does not look too difficult. I can finish it by the end of the week."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:31 am

"End of the week."She said looking down at the complicated potion in front of her. Sure she could pass her classes, but this was crazy! She knew one day she'd probably have to make it or something, but right now..whoa. Blinking she nodded. "Wow, that's great."She said smiling at her. "Thank you so much!"She said hugging the Ravenclaw girl. She hadn't done a thing for her. "Is there somehow I can repay you? Anything?"She asked letting go of her new friend.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:34 am

Catalina smiled at Chase and then tilted her head to the side. "Of course not! Do not presume that I would ever want something in return when I offer to make a Potion for you." She giggled and then said, "But, promise me that you will come and watch me make it so that when you need it, you will be able to make it on your own."

She glanced back down at the book again, scanning the list of ingredients. "I am positive that we have all of these at school, but I have my own stash of items in my dorm."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top