Wow, it's so big (Catalina) - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Wow, it's so big (Catalina) - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Wow, it's so big (Catalina)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wow, it's so big (Catalina) - Page 3 Empty Re: Wow, it's so big (Catalina)

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:40 am

Chase nodded and smiled. "I will, thank you so much!"She said hugging the girl again and then turning to her own book. "Oh....Reading is sooo difficult! How did you learn to read so well?"She asked turning to Catalina. There had to be a secret or something! Something that people did when they read. How they didn't lose their place, or become uninterested like Chase did. It was all so boring to her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:49 am

Catalina smiled again before saying, "Reading has become my escape from the world. When I was schooled at home, I sought it as my solace. Besides drawing, it is all I ever really do. Unless I am experimenting with Potions. I had a lot of time on my hands at home. No siblings to mess around with, no friends to laugh and talk with, no parents that were willing to listen." She laughed softly. "But, if I could come out of that with a smile on my face, I am positive that anyone can accomplish anything. You will just have to practice a little more. Find a genre that really fascinates you and start there."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:55 am

Chase nodded and realized why she had never really become interested in books. "Well...I guess I see why I don't read them that often!"She said smiling. "When I was a kid, I had friends coming over every weekend, doing stuff after school! Keeping up the reputation you know? I was friends with EVERYONE in school!"She said grinning. "Even people who read a lot! The jocks were my buddies, and the quiet girls talked to me."She said smiling. "I was really popular, I told them all though, I would be leaving, which made them love me even more for some reason."She said grinning. "I never really understood how I was able to make friends so easily.." She shook her head.

"I mean...it's just so odd, when someone you don't know comes up and starts to tell you what just happened with their boyfriend, and all you can do is pat them on the back and listen!"She said smiling still. "And people used to take that, and whenever we got a new kid in the school, everyone would send her my way, and we were quickly friends."She said grinning. "When I got to Hogwarts, it was a hard transition, because NO ONE knew me, well a few people who's parents told them to know me because my mom was rich." She rolled her eyes.

"But quickly we became real friends!"She said grinning. "Now, I'm trying to include everyone in my group of friends..but it's so hard when some people are just set against having friends..you know what I mean?"She asked looking at Catalina for the first time since she had started to ramble.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:06 am

Catalina giggled at the girl's rambling as she pulled out a piece of parchment to copy down the ingredients. She didn't want to have to bother carrying another book around. She already had so many.

"Yes, I know what you mean." She let her mind drift to Darren and then to Davina. "It makes you think about what happened to them to cause them to be so cold and distant." She paused. "I try to be friendly with everyone, even if they wrong me."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:10 am

Chase nodded and smiled. "I know it's stupid to think it, and childish, not to mention naive but..I still like to think, that when you meet someone, and they don't seem that night, they must be having an off day! Because I've only met one person in my life who truly seemed to hate the world, and they were just a black crayon."She said giggling, happy she could incooperate her new metaphor into a sentence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:18 am

Catalina raised an eyebrow at her, her voice coming out like silk as she said, "No, it is not childish, just optimistic." She grinned. "Everyone could use a little joy in their lives. I know I could. It just gets so hard sometimes to focus on the good things."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:21 am

Chase smiled at her happily. "Well, if you ever are feeling down just come and find me!"She said sticking her thumb against her chest and going cross-eyed. "I'll make you laugh or you're money back!"She said giggling and put her hand down on her book again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:42 am

Catalina laughed again, her sapphire eyes twinkling. She raised an eyebrow, and said, "Do you get labelled as the class clown? Because, you are indeed very amusing."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:47 am

Chase laughed. "No! I just like to see people smile!"She said smiling at her. "What about you? Doesn't it make you feel good that you were able to brighten someone's day, even if it was just for a moment!"She said smiling at her. She giggled and started to sway back and forth her eyes shining with amusement. "I'm not the class clown, but I make people laugh when they need it!"She said smiling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:50 am

Catalina grinned back before she said, "I do like helping people, but I do not think that I make everyone happy." She smiled softly. "I do not care about pleasing everyone, I only live for myself. I do not care what others think of me. I am not living for them, you see. Just me."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top